• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Recruitment & Team Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 2, 2015
    Hack Name: POKEMON LEGENDS REBORN
    Hack Of : Fire Red
    Hack Info: Pokemon trainers, people all were evil at the start they thought of pokemon as tools of destruction nothing more nothing less but slowly the people started growing friendlier pokemon and people learnt to live by each other's side and pokemon became the people's protector and each city soon was under the protection of a legendary pokemon, everything was at peace until Team Royal Legends interfered They had evil intentions in mind to control each city's legendary protector! They manage to brainwash Darkrai who happens to be the Legendary of your town, Darkrai starts attacking the people and soon everything is being destroyed but according to professor Jeff The legendary can be controlled if u catch it , u have a charmander, a master ball and u catch it now your aim is to free all cities of the destruction and catch each city's legendary to free cities of destruction. (Has two regions first region has the story posted above the second region has no story its just defeat the gyms, elite four and champion with some sidequests it might have been too lengthy sorry. :P )
    Hacking skills:Battle scripting, Mapping etc
    What help or skill I'm looking for: Spriter, someone good at using unlz, scripting like flags, and tile screen editing any help is appreciated it doesnt matter if you are a rookie i am one myself
    If interested message me.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=75364&stc=1&d=1433171351 =A Cover screen created in two minutes dont worry the original's much better.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Hack name:Pokemon ash adventure
    Hack of:Fire red
    Hacking skills
    Our hack team has all skills mapping ,addting,scripting ,music we have all skills member in our team
    What help or skill I'm looking for:
    We are looking for script editor because our script adding islittle bit weak.and over world script edition
    Hack completed %: 3%
    Story

You are Ash Ketchum. You're about to embark on your Pokémon adventure. Unfortunately, you stayed up all night watching Pokémon matches and woke up late! With all your rivals from Pallet To Town taken all the starters available, it looks like you'll just have to go home ... unless you want Pikachu instead. All adventures will continue till Hoenn region end .....
    Features
    Cover from session 1 to session 9
    -Play as Ash Ketchum
    - Have the opportunity to catch all of the Pokémon Ash does
    - Follows the same events as in the Anime Series and be rewarded with special events/items for carrying Ash's team
    - New Tiles
    - New Sprites
    - New Map
    - Team rocket is now more stronger
    -team rocket dig plan to catch pikachu is also

Last edited:

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Hack Name: Pokémon Fuchsia Version
    Hack Of: Pokémon FireRed
    Info: This is a hack that takes place in a brand new region known as the Endo Region! You and your rival who has just moved in to your home town have been chosen to explore the region of Endo by none other than Professor Dashwood, your town's professor! Throughout your quest you will discover friends, enemies, brand new Pokémon, and much more that has never been seen in any other Pokémon game. Do you have the strength to beat the 5 Grand Gyms?
    Finished Percentage: 55%
    My Hacking Skills: Scripting, Insertion of anything there is to insert, ASM, Graphic design, Hex editing, tileing (mostly everything)
    Skills Needed: Tileing, Pixeling/Pixel art, Any other help I can get ;)
    Additional Contact Info: PokéCommunity PM'ing, Skype, Kik (PM me for these)
    Additional Info: This is my hack, Pokémon Fuchsia. I've been working on it for about 3 years give or take, and I now find myself struggling to do it all alone. If you would like to take place in the making of the next big hack, PM me and we can figure out your role in the development of this game! Here are some screenshots:

67utj5.jpg

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Hack name: Pokemon Chaos
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Information about the hack: the hack is set to take place in a new region, with a few Fakemon, but not too many, and, if possible, new abilities and moves
    Finished percentage: uh, concept is at about 70% to 80% done, actual hacking is more like 0%
    Your hacking skills: some Pokemon editing, some move editing, very basic Advance Map, concepts and story (so far I'm the only team member)
    What help or skill you're looking for: scripting, graphic design (desperately need one of these!), mapping, trainer editing, event editing, pretty much anything
    Additional contact information: PM me, additional contact info will be given to team members
    Additional information: I very recently began looking at ROM hacking, and as a result have very little experience at the moment. The game itself is already mapped out, with concepts and story and everything already drafted. The Fakemon already have base stats assigned to them, characters have been created, gym leaders already have teams, etc. Right now I mainly need help with the hacking process. I will be learning whatever I can so I can better participate.

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Pink & Purple
    Hack of: FireRed
    Information about the hack: here.
    Finished percentage: 2%
    Your hacking skills: Mapping, Spriting
    What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter, Music Inserter, Tile Inserter, Sprite Inserter, and people who can add stuff like new types, new evolution methods, more Pokemon, etc.
    Additional Contact Information: Skype: WobbuffetWynaut

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Aug 12, 2015
    Hack name: Pokemon MLG MTN Dew Doritos Edition Hack of: FireRed
    Information about the hack: Coming soon
    finished percentage:0.03
    Your hacking skills: Mapping, Spriting
    What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter, Music Inserter, Tile Inserter, Sprite Inserter, and people who have time during the summer to help!
    Additional Contact Information: Skype:KazukiYuudai15{:3} or kik tenkaichii

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Hack name: (TBD)
    Hack of: emerald
    information about the hack: the hack is to attempt to make a Pokemon game that feels like part of the main series using 70 new Pokemon and being inspired by the English ales with a theme of industrialism
    finished percentage: pre-production so about 0.5%
    your hacking skills: brand new so no hacking skills but i can do concepts and music.
    what help or skill you're looking for: scripter,tile inserter, sprite inserter, more or less the the bits i don't understand yet.
    additional Contact information:Skype: spinda64

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    Hack name Pokemon Burning Light
    Hack of Pokemon Fire Red
    Hack Info: You just got your own house in this little town in the region of SORATU. You were living happily. It all changed when Team Rocket attacked the region. They werent the old weak and fragile team but were brutally strong. they quickly took over the regions government. Using pokemon as slaves even some of the people too! You were left to die one night when team rocket attacked your town. You were saved by a certain pokemon(your choosing). Its up to you now to liberate this godforsaken region.
    -Instead of Gyms its Rocket Generals
    -Mature Storyline (death of characters)
    -New Rocket boss
    Finished % 0-1% i always mess up the scripting that end up in a bug and i have to delete the game entirely.
    Hacking Skills Basic XSE(givepokemon and normal scripts,trainers too), AMaps,
    What Help are you looking for? Great scripter that is willing to teach. A brilliant spriter, i really want it to be unique
    Inspiration Too much anime and shadow of mordor for me D:

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Hack Name: FlareRed
    Hack of Firered V1.0
    Hack Info:
    Reimagined Kanto with a fresh storyline that is changed
    depending on your choices ingame. A total of three rivals.
    Crap tons of features plus new pokemon.

Want to be part of TEAM SPLASH BUT
    You don't have any SKILLZ???!
    DOn't Worry you hAv a Breyn right?!!
    ThaT'Z all we ever need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We need your awesome ideas for this hack!!
    Pm me and if I like even just three of your
    ideas UR in DA group dude/dudette!!!!!
    Join us and let's spread the mighty
    influence of the second coming of the
    ALMIGHTY MEGA MAGIKARP!!!

Disclaimer:
    You also need to have a skype account so
    that we could contact each other but other
    than that that's all you need besides being
    active hehe.

Finished: Pallet Town to Viridian City is finished.
    My Hacking Skills: A little bit of everything
    What help I'm specifically looking for:
    GRAPHIC ARTIST <- Seriously we need one for custom sprites
    Mapper <-If you think you can improve the original FireRed map then your welcome to Team Splash!
    Idea Giver <- If you have wonderful and realistic ideas then come aboard!​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    Let me start off by saying I'm new to this, I just recently had an idea and thought it'd be cool to try and see how it goes. Anyways,

Hack name: Not sure, something along the lines of Team Rocket/Evil organization themed

Hack of: Preferably FireRed

Information about the hack: You wake up inside Team Rocket's base, and it's orientation day! You finally get to meet Giovanni, the renowned Team Rocket Leader and also the Viridian Gym Leader. You are so excited, because this is the day that you finally get to graduate from being a Cadet, and be promoted into a Grunt! You will be offered 5 different basic Grunt Pokemon, each with a special Rocket inspired move. After the graduation ceremony, you will be trained in how to steal Pokemon and rob stores, just like a true Grunt!

Finished percentage: 1% if you consider thinking about ideas being worth 1%

Your hacking skills: I've messed around with Advanced Maps and the other tools, but when i got to scripting, well, it wasnt fun.

What help or skill you're looking for: All? :')

Additional contact information: email would be best as of right now, [email protected]

Additional information: Well, it'll be about team rocket or something, I would rather Team Rocket, since they're the most popular and I know the most about them. If nobody offers help its not a big deal, I'll go solo haha, and also if anyone wants help making their own, you could email me at your dispense. Thanks

Last edited:

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I've probably already posted this 3 times in the past 3 years - with revisions - but now that I'm older and not a scared, confused kid anymore I'm gonna try this again.

Hack name: Pokémon Ghostflower

Hack of: Pokémon Emerald

Information about the hack: The primary themes of the hack are desire, particularly the desire to change the past (think Gatsby), and the dangers of blind faith. The main legendary of the hack is Jirachi, and the hack is set in the region of Tyven (which has already been 75% mapped out). At the request of your father - who is away in a distant region - and your best friend (who's also the rival), you set out on a Pokémon journey around Tyven before getting wound up in a conspiracy involving a criminal organisation, a fundamentalist religious faction, and the professor...?!

Finished percentage: About 25-30%, I'd say. I've completed about 75% of the mapping (interiors notwithstanding), with maps going up to the 7th Gym so far. I've also planned out quite a few bits of dialogue, particularly for either sidequests or random people. These'll be inserted once I have a scripter who can help me out. :P

Your hacking skills: Mapping, VERY basic scripting. Tbh scripting is the main thing I'll need help on, maybe an OW as well since I'm not the best at graphic design.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter + someone to help me storyboard some of the events in the hack. There are a couple parts of the plot that I really need help in solving in a proper manner.

Additional contact information: skype name: insertsomethingrandomhere, but I'd rather you contacted me on here first.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but I know you guys are nice people (trust, I've been here like 3 years!) and it would be great if someone could help me out with this, or at least point me in the right direction :) would be great to have feedback on my conceptual ideas as well!

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
    Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Kanto Reformation
    Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red
    Information about the hack: It's basically a revamped version of Fire Red with fairy type and gen 6 movesets and some changes to the storyline. More info can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=350486
    Finished percentage: 10%
    Your hacking skills: All the common tools (XSE, Amap, Atext, G3HS, etc.) and some very basic ASM
    What help or skill you're looking for: Spriter that can make tilesets, OWs, and pokemon icon sprites.
    Just like PM/VM me or something.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Hack name: Pokémon ash adventure
    Hack of:Fire red
    Hacking skills
    Mapping,scripting,titlescreen changing,

What help or skill I'm looking for:
    Spriter,music hacker,ASM-ers,(like in anime charizard don't obey for this we need )and over world script maker,over world script additor as dummy.

Hack completed %: 3%

Story

You are Ash Ketchum. You're about to embark on your Pokémon adventure. Unfortunately, you stayed up all night watching Pokémon matches and woke up late! With all your rivals from Pallet To Town taken all the starters available, it looks like you'll just have to go home ... unless you want Pikachu instead. All adventures will continue till Hoenn region end .....
    Features
    Cover from session 1 to session 9
    -Play as Ash Ketchum
    - Have the opportunity to catch all of the Pokémon Ash does
    - Follows the same events as in the Anime Series and be rewarded with special events/items for carrying Ash's team
    - New Tiles
    - New Sprites
    - New Map
    - Team rocket is now more stronger
    -team rocket dig plan to catch pikachu is also

Anime Team hackers read it and join our team
    (The skills which we have if you have that skill and want to join so you can)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 14, 2018
    Hack name: Pokémon Everrain

Hack of: Fire Red

Information about the hack: The hack is going to be a whole new region with its own story and all of what the other Pokemon games have. The story is rather dark and complex. I just really want to create something with a serious and moving story as I love writing and stuff. And additionally the hack should be pretty challenging as I just think most Pokemon games are way to easy!

Finished percentage: Thats not easy to answer as I have everything written down. From the whole story to the mechanics, moveset changes, ability changes just everything is written down so this big step is done. Now it needs to be made so the production it self is at nearly 0%. (The first village is done)

Your hacking skills: Basic scripting, editing pokemon stats/moves etc., Advanced Map, pretty much everything except serious scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for a very experienced and dedicated person that is able to make complex scripts (in order to make this game good) and stuff like adding fly locations and healing spots etc. (as we create a new region) Overall someone that is really skillful and willing to spend a lot of time working on the rom hack. But I think even more important a social person who is funny and who I can work with really well.

Additional contact information: Contact me via PM or under [email protected]

Additional information: So there is still a lot to say about this hack. But I don't want to tell the whole story here to avoid theft. Basically it is about a region threatened by a neverending rain flooding all their foodsources and making live hard. And of course in such harsh times there will be people trying to make us of it and so it comes that the evil team of "The Drowned" appears. They try to get their rare food by stealing it from other people and they are not afraid to kill for that. But if you want to hear more details and everything just hit me up.

As for me: I am a 17 year old living in Basel, Switzerland. I got a scholarship at university for "Audio Engeneering". So you may already guess my hobby is producing music. I already made music for plenty of smaller movies. Additionally I am touring around Switzerland, Germany and Austria as DJ. So I am planning to do my own music for the ROM to make it something very special!

If you can convince me of your skills we can talk about what each of us does and in case of finishing the whole project I am willing to pay something as an appreciation for your work. (IF you want even with a contract to ensure you that I am not fooling you)

I am looking forward to hearing from you
    Raphael

Last edited:

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • I figure I should post this early, just in case.

Hack name: Pokemon Epic Emerald
    Hack of: Emerald (GEE WHAT A SHOCKER)
    Information about the hack: A pretty basic hack, it involves some move changes, altering the learnsets of all 386 pokemon, balance changes, a 386 hack as you can tell, adding overworld legendaries etc and a difficulty creep. The main selling point of the game is that I am altering every single line of text to make it the funniest game ever.
    Finished percentage: Right now, the beta preview version is 90% done, that will be released soon. As for the entire hack, about maybe 25-40% done. I am unsure because I may add more or less to the hack depending upon other criteria.
    Your hacking skills: Pretty bad. I mostly just use programs to do the hacking for me (EG: YAPE, Move Editor) but I am slowly learning how to script events.
    What help or skill you're looking for: I';m mostly looking for someone to do a couple very specific minor things that I cannot do. First is to make Sky Attack show both animations in one turn (it is a one turn attack in game) and replacing sprites in the game (EVERY tutorial I've been to does not help). Also, while this is not mandatory but would be helpful, how to use A-text to make dialouge longer or shorter for the character speaking it.

However if someone is willing, I would like to add the Fairy type to the game and add other pokemon (10 at most) to the game to be be used as trainer specific pokemon not included in the dex. That's all I really need.

Additional contact information: I also have a dA account under the same name as this. You can contact me there or just PM me here.
    Additional information: Right now I'm being bogged down by school, but the beta preview will be released very soon. It will include all move changes thus far, all 386 pokemon having thier learnsests and stats altered, and a couple minor dialogue/scene changes.

Years
  • Hack name: Pokemon Amethyst (working title)
    Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red
    Information about the hack: Brand New Game
    Finished percentage: None yet
    Your hacking skills: A bit of an all-around
    What help or skill you're looking for: tilesets, events, etc.
    Additional contact information: Skype is GamerFlame718

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2015
    Hack name: Pokemon Trilogy
    Hack of: Emerald
    Information about the hack: Still working on the storyline but it has something to do about all the trilogy pokemon(entei-suicune-raikou, articuno zapdoz moltres,....)
    Finished percentage: 0% I'm just starting this project so i'm waiting until i can get some people together to work on it ASAP.
    Your hacking skills: In scripting i'm a 3/10 so i can do basic scripts, some nice events but a bit messy.(alot of trial and error) And other programs are easy to use so... i'm okay
    What help or skill you're looking for: I'm looking for some one to help with the scripting. and I need some one who can make some nice pixelart for the game.
    Additional contact information: email: [email protected]

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    Hack name: Undecided
    Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red or Emerald, probably Fire Red
    Information about the hack: Work in progress
    Finished percentage: 0%
    Your hacking skills: None lol
    What help or skill you're looking for:
    Coding (NPC, Trainer, Events, Pokemon)
    Mapping (Actually, just adding tiles)
    Music (for the more custom themes)
    Spiriting (Pokemon, Rival trainers and Gym Leaders)
    Beta Testing (so we can have multiple viewers)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Hack name: Pokemon Extinction
    Hack of: Emerald/FR
    Information about the hack: The hack is going to be mostly fakemon and will take place in a prehistoric world with all fakemon based of off extinct creatures (Dinos). Creating a new region Pangea, Using all fossils in game (no longer fossils), and will hope to have a long post e4 game for fun.
    Finished percentage: just started
    Your hacking skills: New to RPG maker, not new to coding. Picking up pretty fast.
    What help or skill you're looking for: Help with code would be great but the thing I need most is people to draw fakemon sprites and toss out ideas for dinosaur like pokemon, extinct creatures and plants even.
    Additional contact information: message me if you are interested I can go into more detail on story and such.
    Additional information: open to community ideas for fakemon and sprites,

pokelover1991

champion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2015
    Hack name: not yet up with.
    Hack of: fire red.
    Information about the hack: this part i dont wanna disclose as of now.
    Finished percentage: just started.
    Your hacking skills: i can do everything a little bit not 100%.
    What help or skill you're looking for: someone who can handle am1.92 and do mapping work a graphics expert.
    Additional contact information: pm me.
    Additional information: it is a remake of some game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back