• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red & Blue

whodathunk

Smity Smithers VII
Years
  • Do you think the viridian leader, blue, will have his name changed to green since red and blue were remade into fire red and leaf green?

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • I think Blue was renamed Green in FireRed, because when Prof. Oak asks your rival's name, the choices are "New Name, Green, Gary, etc."

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I never understood why Green v2.0 in Japanese=Blue in English (or w/e they did there...Green could be released in English for altered graphics anyways).
    Anyways, I hope they'll fix it. If they did in the Manga (and I don't know if they did or not, I don't read the Manga), it might be changed here too. And yeah, LeafGreen might be the good explanation for it to be fixed.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I never understood why Green v2.0 in Japanese=Blue in English (or w/e they did there...Green could be released in English for altered graphics anyways).

There is no Green v2.0, the original versions were Red and Green and Blue was later released as a version with better graphics. Then in the English versions they just used Pokemon Blue instead since the better version was already released.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I like Blue better, personally. It seems more likely to stay that way anyhow.

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
  • He might be called Green because in the optional names for FireRed, they had Green as an option not Blue. And since HG/SS are a sequel to FR/LG he probably will be called Green

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • There is no Green v2.0, the original versions were Red and Green and Blue was later released as a version with better graphics. Then in the English versions they just used Pokemon Blue instead since the better version was already released.

I'm pretty sure the Green v2.0 he was talking about was LeafGreen, with v1.0 being the original Green version :P

Maybe not though lol >_< The wording is strange :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • Blue may be back as Leader.

But what if that reddheaded kid is the Leader instead?
    I thought (he? she?) was Giovanni's (legitimate?) child

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Well I cant see why not, but they might just keep it as the originals, but im sure theres a chance :).

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    There is no Green v2.0, the original versions were Red and Green and Blue was later released as a version with better graphics. Then in the English versions they just used Pokemon Blue instead since the better version was already released.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure. As much as I knew they remade Green and called it Blue for some reason, not just Green again. That was stupid to begin with...though they'd probably fix it this time around, as the remakes were fixed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    One thing I've wondered is if maybe if you play as Soul will you encounter Leaf at Mt. Silver as opposed to Red, it seems Farfetch'd but still, theres always a chance.

Back