• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red....?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I love the detached anti-hero characters. He's not exactly anti-hero, I guess, more like the "final test" boss.

He's still teh badass.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Maybe Red's Espeon could be a random eeveelution instead, or depend on a certain event (similar to Gary's/Blue's/Whatever you called him's Eevee, which evolved depending on wether you lost or beat him.) i think it would make his team more unique, and be nostalgic for the Yellow fans. :P If not, I agree, keep his team the same, along with the good ol' "..." :P

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I think Red could get an expansion, as to where you could battle him more than once and every time he gets even stronger.

SilentHeroX

Battles should be fun!
    Years
    I want to see what they do with his sprite I wouldn't mind seeing red from the manga in Gen 4 style on the DS that would be sweet. And they should keep his team the way it was but It would be nice if they used the team he had in the first volumes of the manga. But since the manga is based off the games I wouldn't be surprised if his team stayed the same.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    They should keep the music for it definitely, but make two remixes of it, one for Lance, and most epic one they can do for Red

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    They should keep the music for it definitely, but make two remixes of it, one for Lance, and most epic one they can do for Red

When a game-music-person hears "remix", they think completely change. I think the music for Red/ Lance should stay the same besides the old-gamey sounds that were used to make the music.

Anyway, I think Red should be harder to get to, and have stronger pokemon.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Every character you chose in the game is silent the only thing they get to say is yes or no when someone asks you a question like....:
    Do you want this pokemon?

Its a dumb idea for him not to speak or at leaste speak after the battle talking about how be became champion etc and maybe a bit about his past (for new players) maybe even a little mythology lesson like cynthia does... its dumb to walk up to him and start a battle without saying anything... it ruins the game... but thats my opinion

It is not dumb at all. he was silent in the originals, he was silent in the remakes, and he was silent in G/S/C. because he was silent when you play as him. Which is why it represents the You vs. You stuff.

Plus whats this about leaf?

Dont diss the leaf lol

Red was only their if you wanted to chose a boy realy none of this nostalgia about him being the first trainer.... ill just MEH you no offence again just my opinion

I'm not dissing Leaf, don't get me wrong she is a great character. But you say that Red is there for somebody to choose as a boy. But, he was the character from the ORIGINALS, before the option to choose even existed. That is why the battle against a non-talking Red is epic.

It would be great for him to talk... imagen it:

Red: This is it your final chance to prove your self *music starts*
    or something dramatic like he will say like that this is your last battle... a test or somthing

It is a test. As I say, a representation of how far you've come since the originals. To have him talk would be ruining it, and I daresay any fan who has played the games since the heady days of R/B/Y would say the same. If they had any sense of nostalgic heart anyway.

Just... no. i suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on this and I respect your opinion, and I know it sounds trivial but to have him speak would completely ruin the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2009
    I've got a idea of my own for the Red fight that I think would be pretty great.

Picture this. You're traversing Mt. Silver as normal, and everything seems just as it was in GSC, aside from obviously the graphics. However the cave does use a different tileset to all the other caves of the game, something a little more navy in colour, and darker. You reach Red's room, with ambient lighting, and exotic orange stone. You walk over the naturally formed orange stone bridge, suspended over a great abyss, which has blackness at the bottom as you reach the end, you spot Red, but before you can talk to him, he flees up a stairway. You go up the stairway into a new room. This room is orange and well lit just like the previous, but it is more 3D, and you must traverse upwards through the room like some of the gyms which have depth based puzzles. You go up stairways, waterfalls and slopes to the top of this fancy new room, where one more stairway lies.

Up the stone stairs lies the peak of Mt. Silver, rainy, dark and foggy. Red is standing there, looking off of the peak into the storm and the clouds. Talk to him, and he gives you his trademark "... ...", commencing the battle. The battle is as it was in GSC (the storm was merely an atmospheric effect and it is not raining in the battle), but with slightly higher levels. Red's sprite is his FrLg design but in his GSC pose. The music playing is the GSC champion theme playing in a remixed style, or better, the original 8-bit tune.

Once you beat Red, he says nothing and vanishes into thin air, leaving you on the peak. The fog clears and the rain stops, revealing the whole mountain range in front of you. The camera then rotates around Gold/Soul like in the Magnet Train cutscene and you get to see an overhead view of both Kanto and Johto in 3D.

The credits roll, with a medley of all the themes of the game playing (which eventually turns into a remix of the GSC credits). The credits roll on the bottom screen, with the top screen being utilized to show angled shots of all the towns of Johto and Kanto, and other places of interest like an overhead of the Power Plant or Moo Moo Farm.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    There are actually very high chances something will happen to Red and/or Mt. Silver, as it's the last "dungeon" and the last main-battle in game. It's also kind of completing the story of FRLG...so yeah.

It could be awesome if, in case Kanto gets revamped and better, Red would bump into us a few times in Kanto, while we'd have to help him (stopping Team Rocket, again, revamped stories etc), and he'd be like "i'm a loner" all the time lol. Then in the end we happily battle him after the dots of silent :3
    (The "....." he said before the battle)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    There are a variety of new ways to introduce Red into the game. Of course a battle would be wanted by many and most likely implemented as in before for the original GSC games. However, my idea noting how Pallet Town resembles the same as the one in FRLG could possibly mean the Red used in those remakes might be brought back for the GSDS remakes. Meaning the Red played as in FRLG will be the one we battle against in HeartGold and SoulSilver. It'll fit the idea as it did almost ten to nine years ago for the original Johto games.

I'm really glad that we know Kanto has made a return to the game, because it assures most players that Red will possibly be brought back for one of the toughest battles before. The key idea however is to at least make Red be stronger than Barry was in Platinum. This way Red will regain his title as the strongest trainer in the Pokémon RPG's as well as being known for his appearance as he was years ago.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    I still say make his Pikachu special in that it has much better stats than a normal Pikachu. It adds to the overall difficulty of his team.

Also, would they could do to introduce him is... something like a group from TR are staging one last revival attempt, and have done something huge like overrun the power plant and cut all power to the region. A bunch of TR grunts gang up on you, and it would seem incredibly overwhelming, when suddenly, Red appears. He'll kick some ass with you in a few double battles and promptly leave, saying nothing "DotDotDot' to you (Because that's a sign of true badassery)

Then the battle against him at Mt. Silver. It could be epic that way... assuming the Power Plant is pivotal for Kanto to sustain its economy and a proper motive can be produced...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Like one team-up with him before he goes back to training? I like.

But then he would appear in the Battle Tower as a selectable Multi Battle partner, right? Would he talk then? I hope not.

"....."
    "Red shows you [pokemon], which apparently uses [move]."

or some such.

I'd like to see Gary get his can kicked in a cutscene before the big match, though. Maybe in Cinnabar or something. Not on the Mountain.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    To people who say the Main Character never talks. remember the Mimic-Girls house in R/B/Y G/S/C? He/She/You talk there.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Well, kinda. It's probably her saying what you could say if you could say anything.

Back