• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red....?

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    I fought Red earlier today for the sake of nostalgia. I realized two things:
    1) Backlighting makes life so much better (I lost my SP so I had use my old GBA)
    2) Red will be more fun than [insert any awesome figure of speech here] in HG/SS

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2009
    I still say make his Pikachu special in that it has much better stats than a normal Pikachu. It adds to the overall difficulty of his team

Yeah, a special Pikachu would definately be nice. Maybe they could give him a max IV's Pikachu, which knows fly, surf, dizzy punch and Volt Tackle (Pikachu has been able to have these moves under certain circumstances before but never been able to have them all at once). Then at a later date they could have an event Pikachu distributed with the same stats and impossible moveset as Red's one with Red being listed as the Original Trainer.

However the concept of Red being any more than an epic final boss angers me. Leave him at Mt. Silver, he's had his turn at thwarting Team Rocket's plans.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    Yeah, a special Pikachu would definately be nice. Maybe they could give him a max IV's Pikachu, which knows fly, surf, dizzy punch and Volt Tackle (Pikachu has been able to have these moves under certain circumstances before but never been able to have them all at once). Then at a later date they could have an event Pikachu distributed with the same stats and impossible moveset as Red's one with Red being listed as the Original Trainer.

However the concept of Red being any more than an epic final boss angers me. Leave him at Mt. Silver, he's had his turn at thwarting Team Rocket's plans.

T_T That is deep. /me wipes away tears

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Yeah, a special Pikachu would definately be nice. Maybe they could give him a max IV's Pikachu, which knows fly, surf, dizzy punch and Volt Tackle.

Unless his Pikachu is carrying Balloons, Fly wouldn't really work. Maybe Thunderbolt for STAB Special attack coverage... and It should hold a Light Ball, just for lulz.

And difficulty...

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Perhaps it coud have it's own sprite, similar to the sprite in Yellow. Same with the rest of his Pokemon. I would love to see his Pokemon be set apart from the others in this way. And if the sprites could be viewed in the PokeDex as alternate sprites of the respective Pokemon.

Years
    I hope they have Red in the game, it's fun to battle him.
    I hope he says something this time though lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I sure hope Red is in this game. It would really blow if he weren't.

I would like his team to stay the same as it was based on his team in the manga, I believe. I would like him to say something, however.
    Yea, I agree lol, Red is cool and his team si good, in the manga

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    His Pokemon could do with an updated move set too... for example, Snorlax:

Belly Drum
    Body Slam
    Rest
    Snore

Holding: The Berry that wakes you up.

If I remember right, Snorlax has high HP and Defence, so unless you have a power house sweeper, Snorlax could pull of a Belly Drum/rest combo, and wake up straight away, body slamming you to death, or snoring you to death if it needs to use rest again.

Although it's probably to weak a combo to use effectively :/

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Guys, Red is a real name. Have you ever watched That 70's Show?

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    i think he will still be in the game considering it is a remake of gold and silver, i hope hes there anyway as i am looking forward to battling him mt silver

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I just read through all 6 pages of this thread, and I was just wondering why red wouldnt be in the game. It is a Remake after all.
    And in the very first post, it says,

also im not asking if he will be in the game he will be and i know that...DUH

So that brings me to say that, It would be cool if red was like a scott, or a cynthia. The silence of him was a great part of who he was.
    Maybe make him show up after tough battles (as scott did) and then leave with a '...'
    Then at the final battle leave with another '...' but leave something special behind. A Pokemon? A Rare Item? SUPER SPEED RUNNING SHOES?

(:

Back