• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red....?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I made this only for the lawlz. I'm guessing this is what it would look like in the game, except a different red sprite.

red....?

Red sprite made by Loyal.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    For some reason, I'd like his sprite to be largely similar to the one shown in Crystal, instead of the one made in FR/LG.
    I just want a revamped/remade sprite from the crystal version, or maybe totally new too, but it must have that pose and look to satisfy me still.
    Let's just see if the new design is like what I want it to be.
    This! I wouldn't mind too much if they used the FR/LG design, but yes he does need the same pose he had in the original, it was just so awesome. Though I think the original pose would also work better with the original design.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    I know its random, but this pic is too epic for words.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Nope, Red's team was all one-time events in Yellow. Well, Snorlax you could get twice, but whatever. Pikachu was the starter, the other starters were special gifts, and we all know how you could get Snorlax and Eevee.

(Perhaps Red only caught one Snorlax and the other one is the one in front of Diglett's Cave?)

As for why he has Espeon... he couldn't have Flareon, Vaporeon, or Jolteon since those types were already covered in his team. Umbreon is more defensive, and doesn't really fit him that much anyway, so Espeon it was.

Look, people, he'll be in the game, he will be called Red, and he'll almost certainly have the same team. I don't see why these are such points of contention...
    actually,espeon does make sense.You get an eevee in game, red has high friendship ratings,and there was no day night system in red/blue,so it was always day time.

Well Lance needed an extra 'dragon' Pokemon... and who better than the immensely awesome Charizard?

About Red's team, if he's gonna have a Pikachu, then make it a special one with better than normal stats (And maybe Surf XD) so that it's not a hindrance.
    And replace Blastoise with Poliwrath/Gyarados, and Charizard with Aerodactyl, 3 starters is boring, and his Manga team is kickass. (Minus Venusaur...)
    if they have to replace blastoise,i'd prefer lapras,seeing as you actually get a lapras in game

Well, why can't Red have higher levels than Barry? That's still showing progression. HGSS is after Platinum. Also, it gives people who have Pokemon in the level 90s from Platinum to trade their Pokemon over to HGSS to battle Red and gain more experience. (I have some level 90s.) I want Red to have higher levels than Barry. It would be more of a challenge. Red is the finale of the game.
    except red has been training three years longer than barry.HG/SS and platinum are at the same time remember.as a matter of fact,barry didn't even get his first pokemon till after gold got his 6th badge

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    For some reason, I'd like his sprite to be largely similar to the one shown in Crystal, instead of the one made in FR/LG.
    I just want a revamped/remade sprite from the crystal version, or maybe totally new too, but it must have that pose and look to satisfy me still.
    Let's just see if the new design is like what I want it to be.

Is his Crystal sprite different to his Gold and Silver one then? I'm only asking since I never played Crystal unfortunately.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Is his Crystal sprite different to his Gold and Silver one then? I'm only asking since I never played Crystal unfortunately.

No, it's the same as his gold/silver sprite iirc. The only trainer sprite that I remember changing between gold/silver and crystal was Silver's.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    It's only been a few months and I got a lot of my Pokemon to level 100s. Red from FrLg, has had more time to get his Pokemon stronger than Barry's. FrLg started way before Platinum. I know HG/SS and Platinum are at the same time. I don't know what the point you're trying to make is, however. Are you arguing that Barry should be stronger or that Red should be stronger? Because, I'm saying Red should be stronger. It's Red from FrLg's time. I think you misread my post. I'm on Red's side here. You're making it seem like I want Red to be weaker than Barry. Red must be stronger than Barry.

I completely agree; I won't be best pleased if Barry/Pearl/whatever is still stronger. It really irked me that they made him stronger than G/S/C's Red.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    For those of you crying that this is a remake and that they can't put Hoenn in, you're wrong. Remakes have changes.
    Spoiler:
    This is a game. You don't have to get offended over it. That's just idiotic.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    It's only been a few months and I got a lot of my Pokemon to level 100s. Red from FrLg, has had more time to get his Pokemon stronger than Barry's. FrLg started way before Platinum. I know HG/SS and Platinum are at the same time. I don't know what the point you're trying to make is, however. Are you arguing that Barry should be stronger or that Red should be stronger? Because, I'm saying Red should be stronger. It's Red from FrLg's time. I think you misread my post. I'm on Red's side here. You're making it seem like I want Red to be weaker than Barry. Red must be stronger than Barry.
    i'm saying red should be stronger, since his pokemon were almost as, and stranger than, arceus when barry was first starting

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    For those of you crying that this is a remake and that they can't put Hoenn in, you're wrong. Remakes have changes.
    Spoiler:
    This is a game. You don't have to get offended over it. That's just idiotic.

Nobody is crying and getting offended about it; it's the principle that matters to most. Nobody is disputing that adding Hoenn won't make it a remake. But to me, the principle of having Red included in the game, having the same name and having a stronger team than the worst Rival in the series is what matters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Red's team

I sure hope Red is in this game. It would really blow if he weren't.

I would like his team to stay the same as it was based on his team in the manga, I believe. I would like him to say something, however.

Hi dude, where did you get the braw trainer cards looks awesome, anyway i would love for red to be in this game but maybe make his team a little bit harder :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    He'd better say something this time.
    That really pissed me off way back when.
    I had the Crystal guide book and I read ahead of myself and saw that I would have to battle him and it was, like, "This is the most epic battle of the entire game so be prepared" and I was looking forward to some story line to it instead of just you walk up a mountain and find a super tough trainer.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    I know its random, but this pic is too epic for words.
    Spoiler:

stared at that for a good 5 minutes xD EPIC
    lmao it would be funny if as a joke they kept the original sprite from G/S/C xD
    People:"WTF IS THIS $HIT?!?!?!" *burns game*

i do agree that he should say nothing...whenever i face him, i get the feeling of "This is it...the final battle" thing going on...that can really only be conveyed through the epic "..." of Red...

If u picture it, u walk up to Red and he's just sitting there...he lifts his head and hat kinda how he had in in G/S/C...walks a good distance away, throws out a pokeball and out comes pikachu...then u kno u have to battle...none of this talking nonsense...it would ruin the epicness...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    No, he should NOT talk. He was the silent protagonist from the originals, and in this case the one from their remakes. To have him speak would ruin this.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4645790&postcount=41

There's my opinion on why.
    Every character you chose in the game is silent the only thing they get to say is yes or no when someone asks you a question like....:
    Do you want this pokemon?

Its a dumb idea for him not to speak or at leaste speak after the battle talking about how be became champion etc and maybe a bit about his past (for new players) maybe even a little mythology lesson like cynthia does... its dumb to walk up to him and start a battle without saying anything... it ruins the game... but thats my opinion

Plus whats this about leaf?

Dont diss the leaf lol

Red was only their if you wanted to chose a boy realy none of this nostalgia about him being the first trainer.... ill just MEH you no offence again just my opinion

It would be great for him to talk... imagen it:

Red: This is it your final chance to prove your self *music starts*
    or something dramatic like he will say like that this is your last battle... a test or somthing

Last edited:

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I doubt that Red will appear throughout the game. It seems more likely that Leaf (female FrLg protagonist) will appear throughout Kanto's story than Red will, since then they can keep the charm of the original but still have a character interact with the player. I hope she does at least make a cameo, as well as Kris.

I hope they don't update his team, though. His team seemed like it represented an ideal RBY (or I guess in this case it'd be FrLg) team, with the only new Pokemon being an evolution of an old one.

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    i totally agree with boney on the observing the main charecters progress, but i think red should only appear like a couple times then completely disappear

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    That. Is Awesome.
    It captures all the epic scary boss-ness of Red.

And I think he should be exactly as he was in G/S/C. Unless maybe he had higher levels. That would be even better!

If he checked up on you occasionally, you would get acquainted with his presence like you did Lance or Cynthia. Red is not Lance or Cynthia. He isn't your friend, he's the badass man of few words whose sole purpose is to thrash whoever dares challenge him. He is a boss.

Back