• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red....?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Do you think they will keep red in the game? they realy should but i thought i could make this thread to talk about what you want him to be like and maybe even a change in his team?

Oh yeah maybe he will say somthing this time? instead of:
    I was thinking you might see him around often during the game and then at the end you finaly battle him!(like when you always see scott in emerald or like cynthia) That would be cool!

red....?
    Image by "Loyal"

also im not asking if he will be in the game he will be and i know that...DUH

Last edited:

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I sure hope Red is in this game. It would really blow if he weren't.

I would like his team to stay the same as it was based on his team in the manga, I believe. I would like him to say something, however.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I hope he's in this game, because the Red battle was one of the defining moments of the original games.

I'm not so sure they'll call him Red this time though, considering the main characters all have real names nowadays. Maybe the game will just call him "The Mysterious Trainer" or something like that.

Also, I hope he ditches that Espeon of his. It's out of place.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I hope he's in this game, because the Red battle was one of the defining moments of the original games.

I'm not so sure they'll call him Red this time though, considering the main characters all have real names nowadays. Maybe the game will just call him "The Mysterious Trainer" or something like that.

Also, I hope he ditches that Espeon of his. It's out of place.
    why would the most known pokemon trainer(in game and out) "The Mysterious Trainer" at least give him a name like.... ash or ummm.... ummm..... henry? BLEH!

King of Dragons

Hail the king of Dragons!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Why wouldn't Red be in the game?

If they took him out, then playing the rest of the game would be pointless in my opinion.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Red is in this game, I'm (very) sure about that. If he's not in game this isn't even remake anymore. I think there's so much things that is different from G/S/C... And why do you think he's going to be Mysterious Trainer? He has a name and it's Red, have you ever heard that... Let's think, he is Red he has always been Red, why couldn't he be now Red? And those "real names" are in D/P/P only at the moment and in Manga they're just Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I'm getting angry because of you people who make thread to just talk nuts. (Just as "Oh, no! I think Kanto isn't in this game!!!" And what did you see in latest video? Hoenn? No, because it doesn't belong to G/S remakes. These are REMAKES! (Just for that everyone knows now...)

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What is wrong with you people?

First you speculate whether or not Kanto will be in the game, and now Red.

Red WILL be in the game. I KNOW he will.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2009
    Late has an excellent point. If they're remakes they're going to have all of the features from the games they're being remade from and possbily more. For example, what was in FireRed which wasn't Red? The Sevii islands. What was in Red which wasn't in FireRed? Um... Poor graphics, and that's the best I can think of.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    And why do you think he's going to be Mysterious Trainer? He has a name and it's Red, have you ever heard that... Let's think, he is Red he has always been Red, why couldn't he be now Red?

Well, I just think that calling him "Mysterious Trainer" would be a fair compromise, because there are people like me who think that the main characters should all have proper names like Brendan, May, Lucas and Dawn, but there are also people who'd probably go mad if they gave "Red" a name.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I sure hope Red is in this game. It would really blow if he weren't.

I would like his team to stay the same as it was based on his team in the manga, I believe. I would like him to say something, however.
    Nope, Red's team was all one-time events in Yellow. Well, Snorlax you could get twice, but whatever. Pikachu was the starter, the other starters were special gifts, and we all know how you could get Snorlax and Eevee.

(Perhaps Red only caught one Snorlax and the other one is the one in front of Diglett's Cave?)

As for why he has Espeon... he couldn't have Flareon, Vaporeon, or Jolteon since those types were already covered in his team. Umbreon is more defensive, and doesn't really fit him that much anyway, so Espeon it was.

Look, people, he'll be in the game, he will be called Red, and he'll almost certainly have the same team. I don't see why these are such points of contention...

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Red was by far the most difficult trainer to beat in any of the games he also worked as a final boss, presonally only seeing him once added to the shear shock and mystery of the red character and so did the fact that he remained silent.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • There isn't a question of whether Red will be in or not, but rather how significantly his role will change.

I like the idea someone posted of him being a recurring NPC during the second half of the game, and giving Gold/Soul some small bits of advice along the way...only to find the shock (assuming the player isn't a veteran of the original GSC) of finding him as the final boss in Mt. Silver and the most powerful trainer in the game.

I'm more concerned about how they're going to redesign him. Is he going to stay in his FRLG clothes and be made to look more like a teenager than a young kid? Is he going to adapt his classic RBY outfit? Will he be wearing nothing but a loincloth? :O

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • I've seen a lot of people saying they should update his Pokemon like, turn Pikachu into Raichu, take out SNORLAX and put in Rhydon, like ... how the hell can you take out Snorlax? If Snorlax is not on his team, I will tie my Heart Gold cartridge to the end of my bike wheel and go biking through a Manoor field, giving the cartridge a nice brown colour.

Bottom line: Red should stay the same, including his famous "..." speech, and his Pokemon, and the levels of his Pokemon should be the same too. The level 81 Pikachu is so nostalgic (especially because his Pikachu sucked so bad), and his level 76 something I forgot, JUST ALL THAT NOSTALGIA!!!!

Last edited:

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    i think (so in other words, you may dismiss this post) that red shouldn't be given a very large role. The point of him not speaking in the original GSC was because in RGBY, he was a silent protagonist. If it was changed and he showed up everywhere dispensing advice, then it would just ruin the original role to me.

I think he will receive a further redesign that takes the FRLG clothing and just gives it a bit of an update and make him look a bit more like a young teen. I think he should have the same squad, but with beefed up levels and some updated attacks, such as volt tackle on pikachu. i want his levels to exceed that over-excited idiot pearl (which is a girls name isnt it?)

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I don't doubt in the least bit that he will be in the game. I do like the idea of him showing up every now and then before you battle him, however instead of actually saying anything to you, you just get "..." and then he walks off, so it's kind of like he's just observing your progress.

Last edited:

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
  • I'm just wondering what you kids would be speculating after Red is officially confirmed? We already have assured you that Kanto was in the game and now you have speculation about Red, I'm starting to think that this thread was made just so you have an excuse to make a thread. when well you ever learn?

Oh and good point about his sprite, would they update it or keep it the same style? I would like it to stay the same and have him keep the same pokemon. And what is so wrong with the name Red? Red should stay Red.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
  • I like the idea of him showing up every once in a while, maybe not helping you out but just watching you after battling TR or something like that.
    As far as is team goes...instead of [Blue's] Charizard and [Green's] Blastoise, I'd like to see Poliwrath and Aerodactyl! He actually had those in the manga.

Back