• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red....?

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    Well Lance needed an extra 'dragon' Pokemon... and who better than the immensely awesome Charizard?

About Red's team, if he's gonna have a Pikachu, then make it a special one with better than normal stats (And maybe Surf XD) so that it's not a hindrance.
    And replace Blastoise with Poliwrath/Gyarados, and Charizard with Aerodactyl, 3 starters is boring, and his Manga team is kickass. (Minus Venusaur...)
    Why Minus Venusaur? I love that walking garden of Pokemanz! And I mentioned this earlier but I forgot that Red had Gyrados [even though it was Misty's...]

Years
    Why not give Red Feraligatr, Meganium, and Typhlosion while you're at it?

(It's a joke.)

Keep his party the way it is. I liked having Pokemon battles against the Kanto starters and evos. It's good for those who don't have FrLg. That way they can search for them on wifi. You can only search for Pokemon who you have already seen in your pokedex.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I just think it's the worst starter line in existance...

That's a completely unfounded acusation. The Bulbasaur line was a great starter line. Like every other starter line, it has its strengths and its weaknesses. And just like every other, overcoming the weaknesses was one of the best parts of the game. For a good trainer, all starter lines are equal in opportunity to be great. If you gave it a try, you'd know that.

Why not give Red Feraligatr, Meganium, and Typhlosion while you're at it?

(It's a joke.)

Keep his party the way it is. I liked having Pokemon battles against the Kanto starters and evos. It's good for those who don't have FrLg. That way they can search for them on wifi. You can only search for Pokemon who you have already seen in your pokedex.

I agree, keep it the same.
    I never thought about the Wi-Fi search aspect, however. An added bonus.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    -
    how is he officially confirmed? im not saying he wont be in the game and not asking... what im trying to say it what differences would you might like him to have? GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!! XP
    I never said he was officially confirmed. I was not talking to you, I was more general to those who were still speculating his reappearance. Did I quote you? Get YOUR facts straight

Last edited:

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
    Years
    i loved the battle with red it was actually tough so i think he should stay with pikachu at like level 100 and everything else 97 and 95

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    That's a completely unfounded acusation. The Bulbasaur line was a great starter line. Like every other starter line, it has its strengths and its weaknesses. And just like every other, overcoming the weaknesses was one of the best parts of the game. For a good trainer, all starter lines are equal in opportunity to be great. If you gave it a try, you'd know that.

I agree, keep it the same.
    I never thought about the Wi-Fi search aspect, however. An added bonus.

I did give it a try, that's why I think it sucks. It performed worse as my starter than any other.

Also, chances are the trainers will be modified so you see all the Johto Pokemon at some point, and if not, you see all the Pokemon Red has before you fight him anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    hmm
    i dont know where i saw it, but i rememeber seeing a picture of Gold talking to red, there was a pokemon next to gold, and the graphics instantly made it HG or SG, and reds text box just had ... ...

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Why does everyone think that Red should be the strongest trainer? I was kind of happy that Barry one-upped him, because it showed - in a vague way - that the series was willing to progress and let go of some old traditions.

Years
    Well, why can't Red have higher levels than Barry? That's still showing progression. HGSS is after Platinum. Also, it gives people who have Pokemon in the level 90s from Platinum to trade their Pokemon over to HGSS to battle Red and gain more experience. (I have some level 90s.) I want Red to have higher levels than Barry. It would be more of a challenge. Red is the finale of the game.

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
    I hope he's in this game, because the Red battle was one of the defining moments of the original games.

I'm not so sure they'll call him Red this time though, considering the main characters all have real names nowadays. Maybe the game will just call him "The Mysterious Trainer" or something like that.

Also, I hope he ditches that Espeon of his. It's out of place.

I love espeon.... I need to train one up for my team... *goes and gets DS*

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hm, I just think that Red was "the world's strongest trainer, bar none" for a bit too long, and now his turn is finally over. I hope that Barry gets overtaken at some point too, but by a new character. Not by Red.

cruzader019

Darkrai ReincarnatiOn~~
    Years
    ohh god...you didn't have to argue bout all of those things just wait for the official announcement and then oHh what am i sayin'...this is your topic don't have the right to tell you what to do..duh!!

but for those freaks..goOdluck on your wishes..!!

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Hm, I just think that Red was "the world's strongest trainer, bar none" for a bit too long, and now his turn is finally over. I hope that Barry gets overtaken at some point too, but by a new character. Not by Red.

Red is cooler.

Plus he has much more experience than Barry. Pokemon might follow the 'children>adults' thing for your character/rival but Red fits the same bill. So he should be much stronger than Barry.

Although Red could probably still beat him with lower levels, since he's awesome like that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Meh i don't like red but i dunno maybe he could become your friend and follow you places.

Back