• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red....?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I like the idea of him showing up every once in a while, maybe not helping you out but just watching you after battling TR or something like that.
    As far as is team goes...instead of [Blue's] Charizard and [Green's] Blastoise, I'd like to see Poliwrath and Aerodactyl! He actually had those in the manga.

I wouldn't mind if he had an Aerodactyl, but Poliwrath seems a bit out of place. Red in the games isn't the same character as Red in the manga.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    I wouldn't mind if he had an Aerodactyl, but Poliwrath seems a bit out of place. Red in the games isn't the same character as Red in the manga.

But they are pretty similar...
    Manga Red had Pikachu, Venusaur, Snorlax, and Espeon. But he did borrow Blastoise and Charizard or something like that...

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    About the changing his name thing, the official website notes him specifically as "Red," so it will most definately remain "Red" without change to any form of a "real" name :P

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Red is in this game, I'm (very) sure about that. If he's not in game this isn't even remake anymore. I think there's so much things that is different from G/S/C... And why do you think he's going to be Mysterious Trainer? He has a name and it's Red, have you ever heard that... Let's think, he is Red he has always been Red, why couldn't he be now Red? And those "real names" are in D/P/P only at the moment and in Manga they're just Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I'm getting angry because of you people who make thread to just talk nuts. (Just as "Oh, no! I think Kanto isn't in this game!!!" And what did you see in latest video? Hoenn? No, because it doesn't belong to G/S remakes. These are REMAKES! (Just for that everyone knows now...)
    -.-" you never read what i wrote did you... i said it made sence and i never said anything "nutty" i said what changes did you want for him and stuff like that.......

I'm just wondering what you kids would be speculating after Red is officially confirmed? We already have assured you that Kanto was in the game and now you have speculation about Red, I'm starting to think that this thread was made just so you have an excuse to make a thread. when well you ever learn?

Oh and good point about his sprite, would they update it or keep it the same style? I would like it to stay the same and have him keep the same pokemon. And what is so wrong with the name Red? Red should stay Red.
    how is he officially confirmed? im not saying he wont be in the game and not asking... what im trying to say it what differences would you might like him to have? GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!! XP

About the changing his name thing, the official website notes him specifically as "Red," so it will most definately remain "Red" without change to any form of a "real" name :P
    ummm.... i never said anything about changing his name...? if your on about the post i replyed to i was trying to tell her that everyone knows him as RED! :P

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    next time add a quote okay

Why would I have to? If you didn't say something, then why would you think I was talking to you? I was obviously talking to the person who brought up the idea that Red's name was going to change.......... it doesn't take that much thinking to deduce that... just because you made the thread doesn't mean that every response is directed at you... I said I was replying to the idea... no quote is required for that.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Why would I have to? If you didn't say something, then why would you think I was talking to you? I was obviously talking to the person who brought up the idea that Red's name was going to change.......... it doesn't take that much thinking to deduce that... just because you made the thread doesn't mean that every response is directed at you... I said I was replying to the idea... no quote is required for that.
    ok fair enough..... can we get on topic?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Not trying to bash you, but my friend "Loyal" also know as JarJar/Anubis made that sprite of Red. It would be nice if you credited him, cause its also in your signature.

But I agree, you should be able to verse his beastly team, and then be able to fight him again, with either stronger pokemon or stronger levels.

If they removed it, what would be the point of Mt.Silver, lmao

It would be just another cave.;)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Not trying to bash you, but my friend "Loyal" also know as JarJar/Anubis made that sprite of Red. It would be nice if you credited him, cause its also in your signature.

But I agree, you should be able to verse his beastly team, and then be able to fight him again, with either stronger pokemon or stronger levels.

If they removed it, what would be the point of Mt.Silver, lmao

It would be just another cave.;)
    Oh sorry, i just found it randomly on google images ill give credit now soz.

Years
    I'm just wondering what you kids would be speculating after Red is officially confirmed? We already have assured you that Kanto was in the game and now you have speculation about Red, I'm starting to think that this thread was made just so you have an excuse to make a thread. when well you ever learn?

Oh and good point about his sprite, would they update it or keep it the same style? I would like it to stay the same and have him keep the same pokemon. And what is so wrong with the name Red? Red should stay Red.

They'll probably speculate whether or not Lance is the Champion still or not. XD

Whoever said that thing about tying their HG cartridge to their bike wheel in a manure field if Snorlax gets replaced with Rhydon, you are awesome! :D I'll do the same thing.

Several things:
    1) Red must have the same name.
    2) He must be in the same location.
    3) He is only allowed to say "...."
    4) Should wear an updated version of the FrLg outfit. Not the FrLg outfit. It must look different.
    5) He must have Pikachu, Snorlax, Espeon, Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise.
    6) His levels MUST be higher than that Pearl faced buffoon.
    7) Leaf better NOT replace him. >:( I will take out the cartridge and smash it into the ground if I see that stupid Leaf with that awful hair.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Okay, I've got it. Instead of Espeon, Red should have a second Snorlax. After all, there were two in the original game (I think?), and everyone likes fighting Snorlax.

Years
    I prefer Espeon. He needs a Psychic Pokemon on his squad. He doesn't need Umbreon because Karen of the Elite Four has an Umbreon. I wouldn't want to battle two of the same Pokemon on his team. Eevee represents the original Eevee you were given in Celadon Mansion in Yellow version. They chose for it to evolve into Espeon because they wanted to feature a Johto Pokemon in his party. (Just guessing here. Not trying to prove it as a fact.) One Snorlax is good enough, seeing as how we were only able to find one in GSC (in front of Diglett cave.) Red captured the other Snorlax, which is why we couldn't get two Snorlax in GSC. That makes sense. XD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    don't like fighting Snorlax, because I love all Snorlax's. But it would make no sense to have 2 Snorlax's

:t354:TG
    didnt lance and the dragon type gym leader have 2 of a pokemon in there team? i thought it was dumb lance had a charizard XD

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Several things:
    1) Red must have the same name.
    2) He must be in the same location.
    3) He is only allowed to say "...."
    4) Should wear an updated version of the FrLg outfit. Not the FrLg outfit. It must look different.
    5) He must have Pikachu, Snorlax, Espeon, Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise.
    6) His levels MUST be higher than that Pearl faced buffoon.
    7) Leaf better NOT replace him. >:( I will take out the cartridge and smash it into the ground if I see that stupid Leaf with that awful hair.

Couldn't agree more with these points. Especially number six.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
    I figure that most of the trainers you battle will be the same as they were in the original, so why would they take out Red? D: I think we'll be able to battle him, just like always.

Plus, I can see people raging over it, if they took him out of the game..

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Well Lance needed an extra 'dragon' Pokemon... and who better than the immensely awesome Charizard?

About Red's team, if he's gonna have a Pikachu, then make it a special one with better than normal stats (And maybe Surf XD) so that it's not a hindrance.
    And replace Blastoise with Poliwrath/Gyarados, and Charizard with Aerodactyl, 3 starters is boring, and his Manga team is kickass. (Minus Venusaur...)

Vie

Years
    Red has to be in the game. I'd miss him if not. ;;
    Besides, there has to be one last challenge.

Back