• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Redesigned Hoenn

Years
    I have to say it's nice to see they are retaining the multiple contest halls from R/S and not just having them all at Lilycove City like in Emerald. Now given HG/SS retained the Battle Frontier from Platinum (it was the exact same format though) I would not be surprised if Emerald's Battle Frontier carries over to OR/AS.

And after looking at the game screenshot in Azure's signature, the new design of the contest halls actually look really beautiful I have to say.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I have to say it's nice to see they are retaining the multiple contest halls from R/S and not just having them all at Lilycove City like in Emerald. Now given HG/SS retained the Battle Frontier from Platinum (it was the exact same format though) I would not be surprised if Emerald's Battle Frontier carries over to OR/AS.

And after looking at the game screenshot in Azure's signature, the new design of the contest halls actually look really beautiful I have to say.

Also the Battle tower in the original Crystal was expanded for the remakes (though it is Platinum's own expansion on DP's Battle Tower...). So I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded the Emerald Battle frontier with new buildings.

The contests halls do look nice. They also seem more spacious than I remember.

Years
    What I like about the Contest Halls is that they have actual hallways leading to the reception counters. Definitely makes it seem bigger, and it's a good place for fans to be. When I did Musicals in BW/BW2, I sometimes found it hard to distinguish fans from the NPCs who were always there, but in PokeStar Studios, it was much easier to determine who was a fan and who wasn't because of how they were lined up (if I remember correctly, anyway). The exterior is really beautiful as well; I like the job that was done on it!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    If the battle frontier is set to return, I hope it'll be the same frontier as Emerald.

However I hope they'll give the frontier brain new titles. Somehow "salon maiden" doesn't really seem... er... right for a battle tower.

Years
    Anabel's Japanese title is Tower Tycoon, so it's possible she'll have that instead! Plus it's been shown that name changing definitely isn't out of the question--for instance, the "Smartness" category in Contests was changed to "Cleverness". (Incidentally, "Cleverness" is its Japanese name.)

Speaking of the Frontier, if it is included, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Battle Pyramid and Battle Palace in 3D. Both have really lovely exterior designs, and the interior of the Battle Pyramid would look really cool in 3D while the Battle Palace's interior I can imagine being really elegant.

blue

gucci
    Years
    There is enough additions and features to justify an Emerald remake, but whether they will go through with that or just merge them into ORAS then I don't know. The Battle Frontier was such a key feature in the games, not to mention how many hours you could sink into all the different faculties and battles so it would be a shame if it missed the remakes just for the reason that it wasn't actually in Ruby and Sapphire but rather Emerald.

Years
    There is enough additions and features to justify an Emerald remake, but whether they will go through with that or just merge them into ORAS then I don't know. The Battle Frontier was such a key feature in the games, not to mention how many hours you could sink into all the different faculties and battles so it would be a shame if it missed the remakes just for the reason that it wasn't actually in Ruby and Sapphire but rather Emerald.

A significant amount of the features in Crystal were implemented into HGSS so by trend you would think that GF will probably just stick to ORAS and not create a Emerald remake. I expect them to add the Battle Frontier (and maybe more post-game action) simply because the post-game of RS was so poor.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Great point about the dolls hinting at the frontier. As long as the Frontier is in this, I'll be the happiest camper around, and continue dominating battle facilities for years to come. :D

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I sure hope the outside of New Mauville doesn't look like some cave anymore. It should look more like a proper power facility.

At first when I played the New Mauville mission I thought it was another kind of Team Magma base. Lol.

Years
    I sure hope the outside of New Mauville doesn't look like some cave anymore. It should look more like a proper power facility.

At first when I played the New Mauville mission I thought it was another kind of Team Magma base. Lol.

Well the cave is seen on the new map, so that probably means it'll be underground again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I can notice many details. Not trying to be smarter then everyone else but heres what I know.

#1: Route 115 has an expanded beachside. Thats just small potatoes.

#2: Route 134 on the ORAS Hoenn map has a new dive spot next to the spot where you enter the Sealed Chamber.

#3: I can explain Mauville City. In the original RSE, Wattson scrapped plans to upgrade the entire city. Now in ORAS, it seems reversed. I bet its gonna be a modern, futuristic city. Possibly similar to a mall.

Years
    I remember there dive spots nearby the Sealed Chamber spot in the originals, but not that particular one. Perhaps that one is new. Maybe it'll be where we can get Regigigas (if it's added).

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I just realised how different the Fortree City gym looks compared to the conventional gym design, which is a nice addon.

but now it looks like a grass type gym. Lol.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Maybe cause Tropius is now her main? Nah, that would be silly. Otherwise, good to see Soot confirmed. The top didn't have it, so it was worrying for a while.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Maybe cause Tropius is now her main? Nah, that would be silly. Otherwise, good to see Soot confirmed. The top didn't have it, so it was worrying for a while.

How else can you make flutes? *huff puff*

Anyway, the trick house can also be seen in the video. It looks rather dilapidated though.

Years
    I loved how cool Jagged Pass looks in that latest footage, and the evolution scene looks even better now that we've seen it in action as opposed to a screenshot.

Also, nice to see they've retained that logo on the Gyms again. It would have not made sense to leave it out all of a sudden given that it's now a new tradition since 5th Gen to have logos on the Gyms.

Back