• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Redesigned Hoenn

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Jagged Pass looks fantastic as well as the bike route. It's going to be so much easier to get a great time now thanks to us being able to move diagonal

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I loved how cool Jagged Pass looks in that latest footage, and the evolution scene looks even better now that we've seen it in action as opposed to a screenshot.

Also, nice to see they've retained that logo on the Gyms again. It would have not made sense to leave it out all of a sudden given that it's now a new tradition since 5th Gen to have logos on the Gyms.

I hoped that they didn't reuse the same symbol as Unova and Kalos. Especially seeing how the HgSs had a different symbol for each region, unlike that used in the next two gens after the remakes (which ended up being the same). Especially since Hoenn is farther from those two which seem to have a connection.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Wow, the Fortree City Gym really does look like a grass one. I like the new design though, it matches more with the scenery and it makes more sense.

Years
    Wow, the Fortree City Gym really does look like a grass one. I like the new design though, it matches more with the scenery and it makes more sense.

At least the outside does. I think the inside should be a giant nest. Or perhaps a puzzle involving nests and mechanical Aerodactyls flying the player around. It'll fit nicely with the city being built on top of trees.

Years
    I hoped that they didn't reuse the same symbol as Unova and Kalos. Especially seeing how the HgSs had a different symbol for each region, unlike that used in the next two gens after the remakes (which ended up being the same). Especially since Hoenn is farther from those two which seem to have a connection.

At 0:25 in the video posted earlier, you'll notice the Fortree Gym has the same logo that was used on Unova and Kalos' Gyms. Speaking of HG/SS, they did have a different color for each gym, mostly to represent the type that was used there.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Since HGSS, that Gym logo has become the generic logo for Gyms regardless of the region. So there would be no real reason to change that.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Since BW. HGSS had a custom regional symbol for Johto/Kanto. Honestly, I kinda wished they made another one. Since the start of gen 6 I saw the one they're using as a sort of symbol for the new gyms, which all go under one international banner, but for the older ones they should have used a new one, before the change, which would have happened somewhere before Unova. But eh, having the gyms standardized from the start works too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Its not my photo but I can see something very big about the new Mauville City.

The center of the building has what looks like a ceiling window of a mall. Now, inside the window, it has the same fencing and support beams just like a mall. I can see that Mauville City is a blend of a shopping mall and a city in one!

Redesigned Hoenn

Years

The center of the building has what looks like a ceiling window of a mall. Now, inside the window, it has the same fencing and support beams just like a mall. I can see that Mauville City is a blend of a shopping mall and a city in one!

Spoiler:

I don't see the Pokemon center there, so I'm guessing the rest of Mauville is under that roof.

Years

Spoiler:

I remember a while back there was some discussion thinking the huge redesign might be due to the Game Corner getting cut out due to Europe's anti-gambling laws which were passed around the time Platinum was released, but yeah I wonder what purpose the redesign served.

As for that house on the left, that might be the Day Care Center.

Last edited:

Years
    I remember a while back there was some discussion thinking the huge redesign might be due to the Game Corner getting cut out due to Europe's anti-gambling laws which were passed around the time Platinum was released, but yeah I wonder what purpose the redesign served.

It has a lake inside the fence just like the original Hoenn Daycare did, so that pretty much proves it. Plus the layout of the route resembles what we've seen of Route 117 (plus it's left of Mauville xD)

Also please remember to use spoilers when posting/quoting big pictures guys.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

If they're neglecting Game Corner because of this reason, it would have been nice if they had replaced it with something such a restaurant.

New customers would come every hour, some of whom you could battle against if you choose. If they wanted, they also could have allowed us to work her to earn rewards and whatnot, similarly to how they've done it in Pokémon X and Y. It would be more than just play some mini-games, if you ask me!

Years
    If they're neglecting Game Corner because of this reason, it would have been nice if they had replaced it with something such a restaurant.

New customers would come every hour, some of whom you could battle against if you choose. If they wanted, they also could have allowed us to work her to earn rewards and whatnot, similarly to how they've done it in Pokémon X and Y. It would be more than just play some mini-games, if you ask me!

You're thinking of the Battle Chateau.

But I think it'll be pretty nice to have a facility that functions just like it in Hoenn should the Game Corner not come back.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
    I can't wait to see how they do Sootoopolis City (I think that's how it is spelt) as well as Lavaridge Town and can't forget Mauvile City and Cycling Road.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Mauvile's redesign seems to me like they wanted another big city in a similar vein to Lumiose City. Which is great, seeming I think it looks a hell of a lot better that way.

Back