• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Redux: The Sinnoh Stories [T]

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • Posting seemed to slow down a bit these days but don't worry. I'm just waiting for people to post after me so I will not be double posting lol.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Oh there was a post toward me? I am sorry. I didn't notice. if a few people are posting, I can continue.

My main reasoning was I am in a good amount. I still like the idea of the Sinnoh Journey. If I had been able to join Z Journey, I would have definitely dropped out. I think these types of RPs are better with other people.

Anyway, I got a post up after over a month lol. Not very long, but wanted to get something up. I need to figure out how to do the Gym Battle. But I will start posting now.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Can I ask, how do you make a boarder around your post like that? I feel like such a noob not being able to do that ;n;

Honestly, I have no idea lol. One of my friends made it for me a few months back, so I have been using it for this RP. It basically something similar to how sizes and colors work on words, but has a good amount of set 'codes' that need to be placed correctly. I am in no way able to tell you how to make them lol. I am sure you could have some answers or someone can make you one if you want one.

Also, I will reply to your next post soon. Gonna see if anyone else wants to post before I post anymore. It might be best to make a JP together if we plan to interact a lot more. That way there won't be 10+ posts going back and forth just between us.

That Lonely Girl on a Laptop

The Paradise Hunter
    Years
  • Honestly, I have no idea lol. One of my friends made it for me a few months back, so I have been using it for this RP. It basically something similar to how sizes and colors work on words, but has a good amount of set 'codes' that need to be placed correctly. I am in no way able to tell you how to make them lol. I am sure you could have some answers or someone can make you one if you want one.

Also, I will reply to your next post soon. Gonna see if anyone else wants to post before I post anymore. It might be best to make a JP together if we plan to interact a lot more. That way there won't be 10+ posts going back and forth just between us.

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. See if anyone wants to jump in with our conversation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Journey RPs sound really interesting. Never done one before! How do they work, exactly? How is this one going?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Unusual. The OP didn't load past the image the first time. Reloaded and it worked? This is what I get for looking at this on a phone.

Anyway, it sounds very interesting. I'll most definitely have to give this puppy a look. Do people tend to pair/group up in a journey RP, in your experience?

That Lonely Girl on a Laptop

The Paradise Hunter
    Years
  • Unusual. The OP didn't load past the image the first time. Reloaded and it worked? This is what I get for looking at this on a phone.

Anyway, it sounds very interesting. I'll most definitely have to give this puppy a look. Do people tend to pair/group up in a journey RP, in your experience?

Well this is my first time in a journey to and I assume that is possible to pair or group up in this, seeing how that tends to happen in rps like this

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Unusual. The OP didn't load past the image the first time. Reloaded and it worked? This is what I get for looking at this on a phone.

Me and a few others were going to pair up at the very start of the RP, but it failed to grow. The problem would be getting everyone on at once, or working on it as a Jp. However, with the lack of activity currently, I don't think it is a big issue to go back and forth between people traveling together instead of making a ton of JPs.

I haven't been in many journey RPs myself, but ones I have taken part in, there is usually a group of 2 to 4 traveling together.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Name: Stan (Stacey) Cordeline
    Hometown: Solaceon
    Appearance: This is a standard look.
    Redux: The Sinnoh Stories [T]

He will wear whatever looks best and since he is who he is, feminine attire is what naturally adorns him. He won't go out of his way to be provactive with his clothing choices but he is equally shameless- he'll wear what works when he has to.

Interests and Goals:

His primarily goal is to make some money. He has hustled and done odd jobs ever since his family moved from Johto and with the collapse of the family business forcing him out, he is even more keen to make the moolah. Indeed, this goal has been so prevalent for so long that it is why he looks the way he does- his sister needed help convincing her new teachers on their first day at a new school that she was at school when in reality she was off competing in a high stakes pokemon match, so they went through great effort to make him look convincing. Lo and behold, it worked...and it didn't even require much. It worked so well that they kept it up for most of the year, and he just kept on looking that way afterwards.

He is not above losing to make money either. He had a successful run as a jobber trainer. People would hire him out to lose to their children or friends. He hustled on the streets of several cities and looks at the adventure he is about to partake in as just another way to make a buck.

He has a wide variety of interests, most of which are derived by his focusing on whatever he does that ends up working. he has a passing interest in card games of all stripes and has always had a certain affection for all things Pokemon. He loves trying new and interesting things, and is willing to indulge himself in just about any activity if he thinks he can do it well. No matter what it is, if he is good at it, he'll take an interest in.

Family:
    Mother, Janice, Father, Enricin, and older sister, Rose. Together they formed a dysfunctional if loving family. Originally of Johto, they moved here after Enricin failed (again) to distinguish himself as a Pokemon trainer. Seeking a new start, Janice moved the family business- a lumber service ran primarily by Enricin's pokemon- to their new home. And then moved again. And again. The business never took off and Enricin's job prospects as a failed lifelong trainer were poor. As a result, both parents worked outrageous hours, leaving their son and daughter alone. Rose took responsibility, and large elements of her charcter and personality rubbed off on the very impressionable Stan.

Strengths:
    Unflappable and has an amazing ability to adapt. No one exemplifies better the saying, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade". He can become what he needs to be when he needs to be it and he knows it. This knowledge means that failure or hardship are shrugged off with a grin. He has always had a habit of turning defeats into victories (unless he is paid to do the opposite), and knows that no matter what, he can make do. If he were to be stranded on a deserted island...well, he'd enjoy the impromptu nude beach and lifetime supply of coconuts.

Humor and Upbeat Attitude. He can make a joke out of any situation, with a broad sense of humor- immature, mature, parody, satire, sarcastic quips and elaborate surrealism all appeal to him. This is a symptom of the dreaded, 'positive attitude' disease. Since he has few expectations and a belief that he can and will always be able to get by, he is almost always satisfied. The more positive feedback he gets, the more likely he is to ascribe GIANT SUCCESS to his efforts.

Quick thinking and sneaky smart. No one will mistake him for a genius, but his range of experiences and indulgences in a wide variety of situations makes him an underestimated wealth of knowledge. He can come up with quick solutions and respond to changing circumstance with lightning speed.

Friendly. He is easy to get along with as, after making money, having good people around him is what matters.

Weaknesses:
    Stan doesn't know who he really is and hasn't for years. In moments of quiet reflection he grapples with questions of identity and purpose. He spends the overwhelming amount of his life as Stacey and enjoys it, but why? Is that who he is or is it simply the most comfortable mask? Not being able to pin down what to do with yourself can be hard. Read a book and learn some knowledge or take that cheap, not so glamorous but it pays the bills so just don't think about it job? he always takes the job. It is hard to understand what's the mask, what's the job, and what's the person underneath. And the worst part is that he doesn't know if he ever wants those answers.

He could probably use a good friend or two to help him out, but it also means that someone willing to help him could just as easily be someone wanting to manipulate or control him. Once you worm your way into his heart he has an almost impossible task ahead of him if he wants to distrust you. He tends to be very impulsive. Part of his ability to adapt, the darker side of it, is that if something looks promising he has a hard time not trying it, even if it is a bad idea. This has put him in bad situations with bad people, and has rarely benefited him. His impulsiveness has been known to detract from whatever main goal is ahead of him.

Starter Pokemon:
    Tauros, a gift from his father.
    Horn Attack
    Zen Headbutt
    Rest
    Giga Impact
    Work Up
    Scary Face

Ability- Early Bird

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I just noticed that Coul is in Celestic Town, maybe when Oakley and Tatsumi get there we could post with Varys then?

Yeah, I think I am going to go ahead and post and then wait a little in Celestic to see if anyone returns. I think a good amount of people are around or near.

I might break off for a few solo posts for the gym battle. Although I don't think it will be as good as the first gym battle or two. I don't really want to stretch the gym battle out for more than 2 posts. Plus I am still relatively new when it comes to typing pokemon battles.

Lol @Trainer Marsh. I was like OMG, that is a badass female trainer and then read the SU, turns out she is a guy that cross dresses. I feel like Naruto when he figures out that Haku is a boy.

Years
  • Name: Stan (Stacey) Cordeline
    Hometown: Solaceon
    Appearance: This is a standard look.
    Redux: The Sinnoh Stories [T]

He will wear whatever looks best and since he is who he is, feminine attire is what naturally adorns him. He won't go out of his way to be provactive with his clothing choices but he is equally shameless- he'll wear what works when he has to.

Interests and Goals:

His primarily goal is to make some money. He has hustled and done odd jobs ever since his family moved from Johto and with the collapse of the family business forcing him out, he is even more keen to make the moolah. Indeed, this goal has been so prevalent for so long that it is why he looks the way he does- his sister needed help convincing her new teachers on their first day at a new school that she was at school when in reality she was off competing in a high stakes pokemon match, so they went through great effort to make him look convincing. Lo and behold, it worked...and it didn't even require much. It worked so well that they kept it up for most of the year, and he just kept on looking that way afterwards.

He is not above losing to make money either. He had a successful run as a jobber trainer. People would hire him out to lose to their children or friends. He hustled on the streets of several cities and looks at the adventure he is about to partake in as just another way to make a buck.

He has a wide variety of interests, most of which are derived by his focusing on whatever he does that ends up working. he has a passing interest in card games of all stripes and has always had a certain affection for all things Pokemon. He loves trying new and interesting things, and is willing to indulge himself in just about any activity if he thinks he can do it well. No matter what it is, if he is good at it, he'll take an interest in.

Family:
    Mother, Janice, Father, Enricin, and older sister, Rose. Together they formed a dysfunctional if loving family. Originally of Johto, they moved here after Enricin failed (again) to distinguish himself as a Pokemon trainer. Seeking a new start, Janice moved the family business- a lumber service ran primarily by Enricin's pokemon- to their new home. And then moved again. And again. The business never took off and Enricin's job prospects as a failed lifelong trainer were poor. As a result, both parents worked outrageous hours, leaving their son and daughter alone. Rose took responsibility, and large elements of her charcter and personality rubbed off on the very impressionable Stan.

Strengths:
    Unflappable and has an amazing ability to adapt. No one exemplifies better the saying, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade". He can become what he needs to be when he needs to be it and he knows it. This knowledge means that failure or hardship are shrugged off with a grin. He has always had a habit of turning defeats into victories (unless he is paid to do the opposite), and knows that no matter what, he can make do. If he were to be stranded on a deserted island...well, he'd enjoy the impromptu nude beach and lifetime supply of coconuts.

Humor and Upbeat Attitude. He can make a joke out of any situation, with a broad sense of humor- immature, mature, parody, satire, sarcastic quips and elaborate surrealism all appeal to him. This is a symptom of the dreaded, 'positive attitude' disease. Since he has few expectations and a belief that he can and will always be able to get by, he is almost always satisfied. The more positive feedback he gets, the more likely he is to ascribe GIANT SUCCESS to his efforts.

Quick thinking and sneaky smart. No one will mistake him for a genius, but his range of experiences and indulgences in a wide variety of situations makes him an underestimated wealth of knowledge. He can come up with quick solutions and respond to changing circumstance with lightning speed.

Friendly. He is easy to get along with as, after making money, having good people around him is what matters.

Weaknesses:
    Stan doesn't know who he really is and hasn't for years. In moments of quiet reflection he grapples with questions of identity and purpose. He spends the overwhelming amount of his life as Stacey and enjoys it, but why? Is that who he is or is it simply the most comfortable mask? Not being able to pin down what to do with yourself can be hard. Read a book and learn some knowledge or take that cheap, not so glamorous but it pays the bills so just don't think about it job? he always takes the job. It is hard to understand what's the mask, what's the job, and what's the person underneath. And the worst part is that he doesn't know if he ever wants those answers.

He could probably use a good friend or two to help him out, but it also means that someone willing to help him could just as easily be someone wanting to manipulate or control him. Once you worm your way into his heart he has an almost impossible task ahead of him if he wants to distrust you. He tends to be very impulsive. Part of his ability to adapt, the darker side of it, is that if something looks promising he has a hard time not trying it, even if it is a bad idea. This has put him in bad situations with bad people, and has rarely benefited him. His impulsiveness has been known to detract from whatever main goal is ahead of him.

Starter Pokemon:
    Tauros, a gift from his father.
    Horn Attack
    Zen Headbutt
    Rest
    Giga Impact
    Work Up
    Scary Face

Ability- Early Bird

Welcome to the RP

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I just noticed that Coul is in Celestic Town, maybe when Oakley and Tatsumi get there we could post with Varys then?

I would be happy to do that. I'm currently in the gym battling against tiamat. after the battle, I will be picking up my Scyther from the Pokemon center. Maybe we could meet up there and have our characters proceed together to Mt. Coronet?

Back