• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Relationship with parents.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Quite good.
    my mom,dad and i can talk for hours.
    i like my dad more than my mom but earlier it was opposite. i mean when i was young and made some mistake my dad used to scold me a lot but now he doesn't scold me (but my mom scolds me now :P)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have no relationship with my parents basically. I've never lived with either my mother or my father, I haven't spoken to my father in over a year, haven't seen my mother since I was 10, though she calls me sometimes. Grandparents is a much better situation tbh. I get along with both overall though we disagree sometimes, etc.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I have a pretty good relationship with my parents. My Dad only rarely comes to visit us, but we keep in touch, and I know he cares about me.. which is good. My Mom and I, however, are like friends. We get along pretty well, and although there are some things for which we don't have the same perspective, we're able to sort it out. I'm not a big fan of talking with my parents, but they're still pretty cool.

Melves

up in the air.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    Not bad, considering we live in different countries and I only get to see them during vacations. I speak with them everyday through Skype for few minutes. When I was a kid, I had a better relationship with my dad.

Years
  • I get along very well with my father, with the exception of the common situation where I will tell him to turn off the TV if he leaves the living room for more than, say, 15 minutes. He never listens. In general if there's something we argue about often it's my environmentalism vs my father's not caring a lot. But other than that we joke a lot, I think it's a good relatinonship.

With my mother it's a bit more complicated. When I was younger I always considered her some kind of tyrant - she has always been the by far stricter parent and often and quickly gets very loud. now I think that she's alright but has absolutely no sense of humor. I like her, even though we still argue a lot and she always is the initiator of these verbal fights, often with nonsensical reasons. Usually she will ask me to do something incredibly pointless that often somehow involve a telephone, I will refuse and explain why it's pointless and she will go mad. An unpleasant characteristic, but she can be a nice person, too.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • My parents mean the world to me. It was rough with my dad in middle/high school but I don't know what I would do without them. They've almost always supported me in everything I do and would do anything to keep me healthy & happy. Along with my brother they are definitely the most important people in my life.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Volatile. At best, it's tolerable, with us mostly ignoring each other. At worst, it's borderline violent, and I'm surprised at least one of us hasn't been arrested for a domestic yet... Shouting matches are common, and violence and weapons have been threatened by both sides a number of times. They are incredibly narcissistic and crave exercising control and power over me. Constantly yelling, and often i can't even ask them the time without them going ballistic. Both of them like to complain about everything. They try to use the whole "We raised you" bit as an excuse to insult and demean me and to send me on a guilt trip. They turn our house into more like a prison. I swear, once I can get steady employment, I will look forward to leaving them behind forever and cut off all contact.

Last edited:

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
  • I get on really well with my father; we often joke around and throw playful insults at each other. Occasionally he'll get angry at me for some reason but generally we have a good relationship.

Same goes for my mother, though I don't joke around with her as often and she's stricter. She tends to shout at me more than my father does and I get into arguments with her more often. She nags quite a lot too (though I can't say I blame her) but overall we have a good relationship.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • My relationship with my dad is good enough! We have.. Minor.. Disagreements but I'm sure he'll get over it and come to realise that I know what I'm on about and that he's wrong.

My relationship with my mother on the other hand is awful, I mean for a start I don't even like her company, I'm glad my parents are divorced because she's a jealous, arrogant, rude, unlikeable woman, I'm more of a trophy child to her than anything, whenever she needs to do something for me like drive me somewhere she'll be all "UGH I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE MAKING ME DO THIS WHY ARE YOU DUMPING YOUR CHILD ON ME AGAIN!?".. She was a terrible parent growing up, and she's done some horrible things I'm not going to go into detail here (yet i'm silghly androphobic, funny that) and sure she's gotten a little better over the years.
    I think this time... In well about two weeks my relationship with her will be practically non existent..

But yeah, I guess I wish I could have a better relationship with them but this is how things have turned out, hm?

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • basically.

parents=raeg.

i swear to god.

every freaking day there's some stupid argument that goes on at our house and i'm usually the one to blame for it. i have a sister, but my parents decide to hate on me just because i'm the youngest.
    my mom:
    KJADNAKJDNSAKDMAKD there are so many bad things i can say about my mom. she's just... ugh. she freaks out over very little things and practically explodes whenever i'm around. if she makes a mess she makes me clean it up, saying it was "my fault" when it was her own freaking mess. and then she whines and complains about being tired all the time and i tell her, "can you schedule an appointment with a doctor" and she just freaks out and starts yelling at me for no reason. ._.
    my dad:
    my dad's a little bit better i guess. i mean, he's funny and lighthearted, but when he gets mad he can get.... abusive. most of the time he's just a lazy butthole who sits around and watches the history channel all day while eating oreos, and then he tells ME to get up and start doing stuff when i'm UNDERWEIGHT and take karate lessons.
    the worst part? they ignore me most of the time. like, i tell them that i'm not feeling well and they just look at me and shrug. and usually if sarah's sick, like if she has a cold or something, they are practically all over her. and then if i'm crying over something, i have to sit on my bed in my room and just cry alone. sarah however gets hugged and loved on. they could give a crap what happens to me. hell, i could be dead right now and they wouldn't care. they'd just be like, "oh she's dead. not our problem." i would be surprised if they even buried me.

asdfghjkl.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i love and respect my parents very much. call this a cliché, but they have gone through a lot in their lives just to raise me well (especially my mother).
    my parents can be quite clingy, however, but i suppose that that's just a reflection of how much they love me.
    there are some aspects in my life that i'm not confident in sharing with them, like my sexual preferences, but hopefully i can gather enough courage to tell them these things.

WhiteExterior

Back from Beyond
    Years
  • For the most part, I've actually always had a pretty good relationship with my parents. Then again, I'm not really too much of a problematic child, like my sister is.

My dad is verbally abusive, however. And he's hard to be around, but he's still a sweetheart. Though I'll admit, he's very difficult to get along with.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    My relationship with my parents used to be really strained when I was younger.
    I have a pretty good relationship with my mom now. I don't tell her I hate her anymore so, that's good?
    I don't really see my dad. He wasn't really in my life much anyway. We are on good terms though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    My relationship with my mother is better than my relationship with my father, but that's because he doesn't agree with my love of technology and is a very judgmental perfectionist... Though he has gotten better recently with the perfectionist thing, so it's more like hyper-OCD now. Despite this I still love em though, and would be very sad to see something happen to him.

My relationship with my mother is good because she is quite lax, and tends to keep a neutral stance on things unless it is truly harmful. We talk a fair amount about things.

Ayselipera

If you asked them they would probably say it's a perfect relationship, but if you ask me it's just okay at best. We just barely talk anymore. Which is mostly them trying to talk to me and me giving short answers and for that I feel kind of bad, but I just don't want to talk as of late. I've always been sort of annoyed with them for certain things that they didn't do when I really needed them and it's not that I blame them now for how I am or anything like that I just don't trust them because of that. I don't know it's like deep down I always wanted that parent that was like your best friend or the one you could tell anything to and nearly everyone around me has parents like that and so it's always stuck out to me. Plus sometimes people I know will mention it to me like, "I actually enjoy hanging out with my mom I don't know what I'd do without her we tell each other everything.... unlike you lololol!" followed by something like, "How do you cope!?!" xoxo

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    My dad's an alcoholic who I get on with in the few days of the month he's sober and utterly despise the rest of the time.

I get on with my mum sometimes, but we argue quite a lot because I literally feel unable to tell her anything.

Years
  • I have a good realtionship with my parents even if I'm a bit closer of my mom, I lived with them untill August 2011 but I moved to go to college and now I only see them for christmas hollydays and for summer vacation. I really love my parents even if my mom gets on my nerves a lot and my dad sometime annoying.

Years
  • My relationship with my mother is great. We communicate, joke, and openly talk about things. We're like best friends.

My relationship with my father is good, but not as great as with my moms. I have trouble communicating with my father sometimes, and I dont see him much because he always works. He is also kind of judgmental about me. I always also have this feeling that I disappoint him, and because of that our relationship isnt super strong.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Sadly, my relationship with parents have somewhat been non-existent because both of my parents have jobs (my father doesn't live with me because of his job) and I'm onto my own things, so we rarely ever communicate. We don't have any other problems, though, and get along well if time allows us to.

Lara

<3
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Well, my relationship with my father is great. My parents are divorced so I live with my dad, and rarely see my mother. She lives a significant distance from us and she has work, so seeing her isn't common. I'm trying to repair that, though.

Back