• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
  • Great Tool, without it I wouldnt be hacking xD

Just sth you could add in the future:
    - A stamp or big-block tool for the movement permissions
    - a grid in the block editor (should be able to turn it on and off)
    - a filling can tool
    and if its possible (i dont think it will be in the next few versions cause its really hard): a region map image editor

and i have a question: how can i edit which region map is opened when i open the town map on a specific map. for example i create a map and i want it to make it so that when you are on that map and you open your town map or use fly ir loads the third region map not the first one,,, how do i make that? i know how to change the location of a city to another region map, but that doesnt solve my problem. maybe its in the header values?
    For the region map image editor, it isn't that hard. Just export the tileset with VBA or UNLZ, then export the tilemap with either program, then open both in Cylone. Edit, save, import, then you're done!

@Score_Under: Yeah, that was the problem. I just had to use a previous backup though, because I couldn't repoint the map header, etc.
    Thanks anyways!

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • Neti: There is a fill tool, it's the "middle" button on your mouse.

My future suggestions:
    1. Screenshot Taker. (Something that will either take a .png or .jpg and save it somewhere of just your map, so it can be uploaded and posted for whatever means.)
    2. Simulator (This might be tough, but the ability to put a character in a map you've just created, with the size of the screen of a gameboy. No scripts or anything have to work, just the ability to walk around on your map to test it out while in AdvanceMap, cause sometimes I wanna check connections or see if this looks nice in GBA, but I don't want to have to go all the way through my game.)

:]

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    in advancemap 1.92....

I made a warp, but whenever I use it ingame, this message pops up:

Code:
    Unsuppoted BIOS function c7 called from 020023fc. A BIOS file is
    needed in order to get correct behaviour.

what gives?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • thanks i love this tool.. I was wondering though, would you ever make a map like advance map with the wild pokemon editor etc. for the gbc games?

there is GoldMap for the GBC games, it have similar tools in it.

Great Tool, without it I wouldnt be hacking xD

Just sth you could add in the future:
    - A stamp or big-block tool for the movement permissions
    - a grid in the block editor (should be able to turn it on and off)
    - a filling can tool
    and if its possible (i dont think it will be in the next few versions cause its really hard): a region map image editor

and i have a question: how can i edit which region map is opened when i open the town map on a specific map. for example i create a map and i want it to make it so that when you are on that map and you open your town map or use fly ir loads the third region map not the first one,,, how do i make that? i know how to change the location of a city to another region map, but that doesnt solve my problem. maybe its in the header values?

As score_under say also, if you use the big-block in Map view it also copy movement permission data.
    and with the different fill/replace functions (see shortcuts described in readme file) the most thing can be done.

if the grid it will also show a grid in the blockeditor.
    a grid for the tileset part i find not very usefull, then you only see the grid, not the image...

a filling can tool -> is there already, see shortcuts described in readme file

because the question about the region map:
    there is a spezial list with nameindex values for each region map.
    it is not so easy to describe, pleas contact me with ICQ. (number in profile)

indeed it is a great tool...
    it has everything I wish to use for editing a ROM, but I only wish it has a command for clearing map tiles and map movement permissions.

that may be the only thing I ask though... :\

anyways, thanks for making such a great tool for ROM-hacking~

If you want a clean map, you can also create a new Map, and override the bank.map position (where you want have a clean map) with the insert function.

otherwise you can use the stamp/fill shortcuts (see readme there the shurtcuts are described)

You probably overwrote your map data with an old script.

The "Großer Block" function (ctrl+right-click) already does this, but only in map view, and will always paste the movement permissions AND the map tiles.

I have a suggestion for a new feature:

Random map!
    With settings like: Beach, Sea, Town, etc. and other settings like House density, island size, caves, number of islands, amount of shallow water, etc usw.

Random map would not be possible!
    there are to many unknown information for each block, i could use to generate a random map.
    and i dont know a algorithm to do so.

Neti: There is a fill tool, it's the "middle" button on your mouse.

My future suggestions:
    1. Screenshot Taker. (Something that will either take a .png or .jpg and save it somewhere of just your map, so it can be uploaded and posted for whatever means.)
    2. Simulator (This might be tough, but the ability to put a character in a map you've just created, with the size of the screen of a gameboy. No scripts or anything have to work, just the ability to walk around on your map to test it out while in AdvanceMap, cause sometimes I wanna check connections or see if this looks nice in GBA, but I don't want to have to go all the way through my game.)

:]

1. for the moment there is a "screen shot" function, but can only save as *.dib (same as *.bmp)
    2. a simulator with only this ability would be easier than one who could all things, but this is also very difficult to do.
    with a complete save state and fly youcan reach each point of the game very fast, so i think this would be enough. but nice idea^^

in advancemap 1.92....

I made a warp, but whenever I use it ingame, this message pops up:

Code:
    Unsuppoted BIOS function c7 called from 020023fc. A BIOS file is
    needed in order to get correct behaviour.

what gives?

sorry, never see a message like this, no idea how you can fix this...

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • Hi, LuHo. I noticed something about Ruby's World Map - it also has 2 layers, if you don't believe try it :). There's some names like "Safari Zone, Lanette's House etc" I wonder when will that be editable?

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    yeah, i am aware of gold map, i love that told to. But for say rbyg or for crystal version?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Why are there so many movements (I only use C, 1, 4, 10, 0, 5, 14, 16, the ones that the game uses)?

Like, there are 3C, 18 and I don't know what else that aren't even in the game!

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • Delphi.
    It's high-level (one of my pet hates) but it works in Wine (which makes up for it entirely)

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • Delphi.
    It's high-level (one of my pet hates) but it works in Wine (which makes up for it entirely)

you actually know about wine? you must be a linux user. haven't you had the same problems that I've seen when using it? maybe I need to configure it(wine) differently.

[off_topic] "(one of my pet hates)"
    another person who doesn't have pet peeves. personally, I have major ****ing psychotic issues, makes the world easier to sort out.[/off_topic]

also, how does the percentage bar work in the wild pokémon editor? is it like a fraction(20 steps out of 100 steps you will encounter something) or variable for random #'s( random between 1 & 100. if lower than 20, goto wild encounter)?
    always confused me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My palettes are not saving at all. I change the palletes. I hit the apply button. I close it. I press Write Palette Changes To Rom. I press load new blocks. I close the block editor. I save the rom. Then when I load up the rom, everything is normal colors. Why can't I save it? What am I doing wrong?

THE HACK ATTACK

a hack attack is coming soon.
    Years
  • None of the Adv.map versions work on me crappy computer i've tried 1.80, 1.90, 1.91, 1.92 and it just freezes on me it goes to the not responding status after i choose the rom to open and no no error codes i just need sumthin to help with both map editin and script editin( i was told that this was the best tool to do so by GKS) could it be my OS cuz i dont thing hard drive space it a proble seeing as i reformatted it in the last week...

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • you actually know about wine? you must be a linux user. haven't you had the same problems that I've seen when using it? maybe I need to configure it(wine) differently.

[off_topic] "(one of my pet hates)"
    another person who doesn't have pet peeves. personally, I have major ****ing psychotic issues, makes the world easier to sort out.[/off_topic]

also, how does the percentage bar work in the wild pokémon editor? is it like a fraction(20 steps out of 100 steps you will encounter something) or variable for random #'s( random between 1 & 100. if lower than 20, goto wild encounter)?
    always confused me.
    Well, I am on windows mostly, so I haven't browsed through all of the program in Linux, because I need windows to run all the VB stuff people make.
    Anyway, the percentage bar is definitely random, because I find it annoying when I run from a battle, turn around, and get battled again.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • None of the Adv.map versions work on me crappy computer i've tried 1.80, 1.90, 1.91, 1.92 and it just freezes on me it goes to the not responding status after i choose the rom to open and no no error codes i just need sumthin to help with both map editin and script editin( i was told that this was the best tool to do so by GKS) could it be my OS cuz i dont thing hard drive space it a proble seeing as i reformatted it in the last week...

which OS do you have?
    AdvanceMap only Work on Windows 2000 and above.
    And it is only for PokemonRoms of the Advance generation.

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • hey LU-HO, if it's true advance map is written in Delphi, would you have any objections to having someone compile a version for Linux, as I found a compiler that claims to use the same language(but I can't test that out, as I don't know Delphi).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back