• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
  • Well I changed the pointers in advance map and made my own footer data in hex. Then I clicked save and reload and it reloaded it and then when I want on a new map, the map's footer had been repointed to an invalid offset.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • do you do like this:
    - change "Map footer Offset" under "Map option" and press the "Save Change and reload map" button
    - change the content "Map footer" of "Map data" and press the "Save Change and reload map" button

or do you not press the button of the "Map option" part first?
    this is very important otherwise it is saved at the false position.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • do you do like this:
    - change "Map footer Offset" under "Map option" and press the "Save Change and reload map" button
    - change the content "Map footer" of "Map data" and press the "Save Change and reload map" button

or do you not press the button of the "Map option" part first?
    this is very important otherwise it is saved at the false position.

I do it the first way and then after clicking the button to reload the map I double click it to reload it again and then I get an error and the footer data gets repointed to an invalid offset again.

I'm going to leave this, I found this in a hack I was playing but it was fine in game. I think it was a bad patch so I'd leave it.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Hello Lu-Ho,
    I don't have this problem currently but I did sometime ago and I'm interested in finding out any sort of fix for the problem because I feel like at any moment it could happen again.

In both the map and tile editor my new tiles look just fine, but when I play my ROM they're replaced by horrible looking water/flower animations.
    I've narrowed it down to a problem with overwriting tiles in the saved .DIB files seeing as it's only parts of the tiles that animate, and they usually match the palettes of the newly inserted tiles.
    Also, i've checked my tile's behavior data and everything's set without any animations.

If I could guess it's a problem replacing animated tiles in a tileset. Do you have any idea of how I could fix this so I can have more space for my other tiles?

I have attachments demonstrating the problem in a older rom hack.

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I've had a similar problem recently; it may be that you have an animated tile on the bottom layer of the block.
    Or a tile that replaces a previously animated one.
    Either way, just replace the bottom tile. Or if it's the top tile causing the problem, change that.
    And you can't replace animated tiles with non-animated ones. (Duno why exactly; maybe LU-HO knows.)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hello Lu-Ho,
    I don't have this problem currently but I did sometime ago and I'm interested in finding out any sort of fix for the problem because I feel like at any moment it could happen again.

In both the map and tile editor my new tiles look just fine, but when I play my ROM they're replaced by horrible looking water/flower animations.
    I've narrowed it down to a problem with overwriting tiles in the saved .DIB files seeing as it's only parts of the tiles that animate, and they usually match the palettes of the newly inserted tiles.
    Also, i've checked my tile's behavior data and everything's set without any animations.

If I could guess it's a problem replacing animated tiles in a tileset. Do you have any idea of how I could fix this so I can have more space for my other tiles?

I have attachments demonstrating the problem in a older rom hack.

Find the animations in a Tile editor and recolour them with the background colour of the palette so in-game they will be invisible and the tile will look right.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • Find the animations in a Tile editor and recolour them with the background colour of the palette so in-game they will be invisible and the tile will look right.
    Erm;. No?
    I thought you just had to make sure the tile behaviour data is NOT set to an animation..

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • lolz, yea but theres something about that spot on ur tileset image. You can't (as far as i know) make new tile animations yet, nor can we remove them. So if you took a non-animated section of tiles, assigned them an animation behavior byte, it wouldn't be pretty i don't think (i'm to laz to try it right now...) so it would make sense that taking an animated "chunk" of tiles and assigning them a non-animated behavior byte would have a similar, but opposite, effect.
    correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that is true, but i'm not furshureornuffin, just trying to give advice.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • The MOST animations are made by the animations informations on the Tileset data.

You cannot replace animated tiles with non-animated ones, expect you remove the Animation information in the tileset animation Header.

As many times requested, i try to add a Animation editing function in the New AdvanceMap, but i'm not sure if it so easy to find out/create function for this.

greetz LU-HO

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    If Anybody is still here, LU-HO especially, does any-one know which movement permissions are needed to make a bridge on fire red using AM 1.92

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    If Anybody is still here, LU-HO especially, does any-one know which movement permissions are needed to make a bridge on fire red using AM 1.92

Use 0's just before the bridge on the higher ground, and then use... I think it is 10 for the actual bridge... I'm not too sure about that...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Use 0's just before the bridge on the higher ground, and then use... I think it is 10 for the actual bridge... I'm not too sure about that...

Use 0's before the bridge. Use a 10 for anything on the bridge which is blocked. And use a 3C for the bridge and make sure the block data is 00 00 00 00 for the tiles that you will step over and under.

Years
  • will this advance map open NDS rom such as pokemon diamond pearl or platinum because am playing platinum iigh now and i want ot modifer my own wilds

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • will this advance map open NDS rom such as pokemon diamond pearl or platinum because am playing platinum iigh now and i want ot modifer my own wilds

ADVANCE map.
    Only for Gameboy ADVANCED games.
    Not for DS games.

(Why can't people search or use their fluckin' brains ¬_¬)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I am hacking FireRed and have a question. After I follow my new warps inside the buildings, I click to follow them back out and I'm in Viridian City instead of being back in Pallet Town. How do I fix this, so when I edit the buildings I'll still be in Pallet Town?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back