• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    I will try to insert this function (adding new Names) in the next version, as I do it for the last 4 Versions (from 1.5 to 1.9).
    But I don't yet found all ASM-Functions and Datalists I have to add new entries for new Mapname possibility.

The current status is, that the rom crashes if you enter a map with a new name...

Could you see the Research&Development thread I created? It's about adding new names. I added a new name with some errors but it didn't crashed my ROM.

xGGxToiZ

>.//:SO HOT:\\.<
    Years
  • Hey there!

I love A-map but when I add a new map and then put a mapscript in it, when I save it (Press Save map scripts button) it says : " AdvanceMapError(3): Couldn't change pointer at pos 0! ". Other mapscripts like 'setmaptile and on entering map/not on menu close' still work but my level scripts don't work.(02 and 04)

Any help? (I think I might have done something wrong . .)

So I have to do it all over again . . Y_Y

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Could you see the Research&Development thread I created? It's about adding new names. I added a new name with some errors but it didn't crashed my ROM.

I answered in your thread.

Hey there!

I love A-map but when I add a new map and then put a mapscript in it, when I save it (Press Save map scripts button) it says : " AdvanceMapError(3): Couldn't change pointer at pos 0! ". Other mapscripts like 'setmaptile and on entering map/not on menu close' still work but my level scripts don't work.(02 and 04)

Any help? (I think I might have done something wrong . .)

So I have to do it all over again . . Y_Y

on type 2 and 4 you have also to set the var number and type, do you do this?

xGGxToiZ

>.//:SO HOT:\\.<
    Years
  • I answered in your thread.

on type 2 and 4 you have also to set the var number and type, do you do this?

Yeah I do type it. For example, I'll use 5003 and 0 => flag : 0000 Var: 5003.
    But it doesn't work on the map.(It's an INSIDE MAP).

I think I may have touched something (A-map or the ROM?) or the ROM is damaged.

Well, I just did my hack all over again good thing I wasn't that far. ^ ^

That AdvanceMapError(3) still bugs me though . .
    See the attachment below.

Yeah I do type it. For example, I'll use 5003 and 0 => flag : 0000 Var: 5003.
    But it doesn't work on the map.(It's an INSIDE MAP).

I think I may have touched something (A-map or the ROM?) or the ROM is damaged.

Well, I just did my hack all over again good thing I wasn't that far. ^ ^

That AdvanceMapError(3) still bugs me though . .
    See the attachment below.

My bad. I have switched the two numbers.
    5003 should be in the " FLAG " while 0 as the value.
    Hahahaha! How stupid of me! ^ ^

I'm sorry. I should have read more . . But this mistake gave me the chance to improve my hacks graphics and other stuff. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread for asking this, but I wanted to do map editing of the original blue version and was wondering if this program will let me. If not if anyone knows what would and where I can find it. Thanks

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • i dont know much about GB hacking...but i think that map hacking isn't very easy. I've heard of a program "goldmap" but i have no idea where to find it or if it supports blue version.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • For Pokemon Red/Blue there is a tool named PokeMap, search on google for it.
    Goldmap/ZeroMap would be for Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    And neither are as felxible as AdvanceMap

(although AdvanceMap is supposed to be based on GoldMap's code? I guess the original GoldMap author didn't get as far as he/she wanted)

Years
  • For Pokemon Red/Blue there is a tool named PokeMap, search on google for it.
    Goldmap/ZeroMap would be for Gold/Silver/Crystal.

I've tried downloading pokemap, but every download i get of it opens saying that it's missing some strange file that ends with .dlls i believe. I think I'm just gonna use advance map editor for fire red though

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    I've tried downloading pokemap, but every download i get of it opens saying that it's missing some strange file that ends with .dlls i believe. I think I'm just gonna use advance map editor for fire red though Tray wisit Swampert Tools go to his oficial page you shud find eweriting for 1st gen. hacks

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Yes that is "normal" the most Tool use libarys.
    Because Pokemap is based on VB6 (Visualbasic 6) as far as i know, you have to install the VB runtimes.
    And after done this, you have ALSO to download EACH dll/ocx file the programm missing on startup, and copy it to the c:/windows/system32 or to the directory where the program is.

PS: this files are also named "needed files", I think here on the forum is also a thread about this file like in all other Romhacking forums around the WHOLE world.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2010
    I can't seem to get this to work. s:

Every time I load a ROM, AdvanceMap just sits there and does nothing. How long does it usually take ROMs to load?

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Um, in Viridian City, when I edit it, and test it out, it always restarts in some places. Like if I go left, it freezes for a second then it restarts.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • I can't seem to get this to work. s:

Every time I load a ROM, AdvanceMap just sits there and does nothing. How long does it usually take ROMs to load?

do you used a clean rom?

after loading AadvanceMap will show you how long it taken in the Statusbar at bottom of the window.

on me it's 3,5 Sec. but i are also heard from users with old PC's, it take 1 min or more...

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • First of all, thanks for making the A-Map! :D

I have a bit of a problem concerning my tilesets. You know we have tileset 1 and tileset 2. Well I'd like to add some newer and bigger tiles, but I only have some free blank space in the tileset 2 :/ Is there anyway I could add more blank space in my tileset 1 or 2 so I could add even more tiles, as some sort of expansions? Or will I have to keep replacing the tiles? :S

I<3Lugia

The Lugia Tamer!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Hi
    @all who have only the "corrupted" 80kb file.

try it 3-4 times, you sould be redirectet the second time if the first time will not work/will only geht the 80kb file.

the problem is a maximal execution time of 12 secound of my free hoster...

[EDIT]please report if it work with this or not![/EDIT]

On the second click, should I be getting a page with a bunch of random letters, numbers and symbols?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • First of all, thanks for making the A-Map! :D

I have a bit of a problem concerning my tilesets. You know we have tileset 1 and tileset 2. Well I'd like to add some newer and bigger tiles, but I only have some free blank space in the tileset 2 :/ Is there anyway I could add more blank space in my tileset 1 or 2 so I could add even more tiles, as some sort of expansions? Or will I have to keep replacing the tiles? :S
    No there is no way to create more space in the Tileset.
    But you can create/add a new tileset.
    I created a Tutorial for this see here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156018

On the second click, should I be getting a page with a bunch of random letters, numbers and symbols?

Yes and no....
    the "random letters" are the date of the zip file. but the browser shouldn't show them, it should save them to a file.
    Try to right click the link and use "Save destination to" or something like this. (on the second time it should work than, i hope -_-")

I<3Lugia

The Lugia Tamer!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Its not working for me...Oh well, I'll just wait until the next version comes out and hopefully I can DL that :)

sesshomaru13

Azuril Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    When I try to extract the zip file, 7zip says "cannot extract file as archive" and cancels.

Can anyone help me out here?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back