• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Release Date Speculation

When Will The new Pokemon HG And SS Release In Europe?

• January

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • February

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • March

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • April

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • June

• July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify in a message)

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    There's an extract from a gaming magazine in France, and one in the UK, saying the release date is Christmas 2009.
    Again, doesn't mean it's correct. Many times beforehand, such claims have been made of release dates for games, only to turn out to be false. It *could* be real, but I can't help but think it's just all too unlikely. (And again, Christmas is another generic-looking date there - and there's already conflict there - gaming magazine says Christmas, Amazon says New Years Eve).

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    There's an extract from a gaming magazine in France, and one in the UK, saying the release date is Christmas 2009.

Those are really unreliable I remember one saying Kingdom Hearts 2 was going to come out in 2004 and I waited for a long long time before it actually came out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Well if your lucky you may get it on your birthday lol but that's awesome :3

Alex31

Pro D<
    Years
    Those are really unreliable I remember one saying Kingdom Hearts 2 was going to come out in 2004 and I waited for a long long time before it actually came out.

They may be unreliable, but they NEED to have it confirmed, or have a high change of it, or a suggestion from the official company to allow it to go to press or be posted on an official site by an official company, otherwise they are in breach of some of the rules of press.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    check out my latest post it says its come in out the 12/31st and i have proof

dec 31st is probably when its comming according to amazon

Last edited:
    Years
    This would be the first I've heard of it, but I doubt it. The Japanese release is September 12th, so we probably won't see HG/SS until early/mid-2010.

Years
    The only set official release date so far is September 12, in Japan.

I looked at the page you are referring to, and Amazon has several unreleased games listed, such as Super Mario Galaxy 2. I think the point of that is so people can pre-order them early, if they prefer.

December 31st is, more than likely, not the actual release date. I have a feeling we won't see these two games until 2010.

bluecat

just another day
    Years
    I would be flabbergasted if they came out in December. But I think next Spring is more likely.

Can't know for sure though. If the earlier date holds true, I would think we would be hearing something official really soon. So here's to hoping! :D

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    I did check Amazon today and it did say Dec, 31, 2009. However it still hasnt really been confirmed by Nintendo yet so its not quite known yet whether or not its really coming out then. Its still probable that the games will come out in the early parts of 2010. However there still is a hopeful chance that New Years Eve is the actual date and if thats the case...then i'll be really glad then! :D Lets hope New Years 09 is true!

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    I seen that on amazon they have the english release date as December 21, 2009. They did say they wanted a qucik release

bluecat

just another day
    Years
    I'd also like to point out that Amazon has had wrong release dates listed at first before (I've experienced this with some CDs and books before). They simply want to have the item up in their system so people will start pre-ordering. Or sign up for product info updates with certain items. They usually correct it later when they have more information. So I wouldn't take Amazon's word to heart just yet.

But it sure would be awesome if it turned out to be true...I hope it is. :)

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
    I kinda doubt february... thats just the common formula for the games, They always come out in late march/april. (Example: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum) all games before that came out in September in north america, late march/ april in japan (get it yet?)

I seen that on amazon they have the english release date as December 21, 2009. They did say they wanted a qucik release

Uh... that'll never happen. Getting the game translated in a matter of 3 months? An impossibility, seeing how much data is in the game. I mean, All 493 pokemon are in it with new pokedex entries and kanto, and possibly even hoenn.

Last edited:

alho12

Heart Gold:0131-4210-8237
    Years
    lets not get to ahead of are selfs i mean this could be luck or made not

Back