• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Release Date Speculation

When Will The new Pokemon HG And SS Release In Europe?

• January

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • February

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • March

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • April

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • June

• July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify in a message)

• Total voters

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I kinda doubt february... thats just the common formula for the games, They always come out in late march/april. (Example: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum) all games before that came out in September in north america, late march/ april in japan (get it yet?)
    Ohmigod. *starts to melt down* I WAS JUST MAKING AN OBSERVATION! When I finally thought we were done with people sneering "IT'S NOT DEFINITE!!! STOP TALKING ABOUT A FEBRUARY RELEASE DATE! IT'S GONNA BE MARCH!", here we go again. And let's quit with the sarcasm. By the way, you've got it backwards. September in Japan, March/April in North America. Come back and give me crap after you've figured your facts out.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I don't see how people can believe in Amazon's release date, the page doesn't even have any information and it doesn't even say HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I personally never trust any gaming magazines or any company who sells games(not make them) with their release dates. I mean how can anyone be 2 years off Kingdom Hearts 2 release date and still claim to have gotten information from the game creators.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    lol my brothers birthday is in febuary
    I dont care when it comes out as long as it comes out before march
    COME OUT NOW EVERYONE WANT YOU!!

I really hope Amazon is right and if it comes out on dec 21 I would ask for soulsilver or both for christmas

I will get pissed if they lied

Alex31

Pro D<
    Years
    Please, do you really think they've only been working on Platinum this whole time?

When they were making Platinum, they were also making HG/SS, and theres easily much more to the game than they're letting on, I wouldnt be surprised if they have it finished already.
    There was an interview with Gamefreak somewhere about this very thing,they've been doing these games for much longer than everyone thinks, and they've further with it than everyone thinks, and they still have some surprises left.

This Pokemon Sunday update stuff is to drip-feed everyone, to make them watch Pokemon Sunday, and to make them more excited about the games. I bet Pokemon Sunday has all the information already, they're just doing what normal media do, and drip-feeding the audience.

bluecat

just another day
    Years
    Please, do you really think they've only been working on Platinum this whole time?

When they were making Platinum, they were also making HG/SS, and theres easily much more to the game than they're letting on, I wouldnt be surprised if they have it finished already.
    There was an interview with Gamefreak somewhere about this very thing,they've been doing these games for much longer than everyone thinks, and they've further with it than everyone thinks, and they still have some surprises left.

This Pokemon Sunday update stuff is to drip-feed everyone, to make them watch Pokemon Sunday, and to make them more excited about the games. I bet Pokemon Sunday has all the information already, they're just doing what normal media do, and drip-feeding the audience.

Yeah, and I also know they begin work on English translations before the game is even done some times. Not sure if it applies to Pokemon, but I'm pretty sure I read they did that with Kingdom Hearts a few times. For all we know they could have been working side by side with the Japanese developers. *shrugs*

Would be smart though ya know? Why wait for the game to be complete when you already have material to translate while it's being made?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Amazon is a real site but have any of you realised that it doesnt say what language so it might just be the jananese games and they may be putting it on their website 31st?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    hmm didn't notice the months of release were getting closer and closer, but i did notice how the games in japan come out in September all the time

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Shouldn't this thread be closed due to speculating something that is possible but not sure and could end up as rumors?
    ...No - in fact I kept it open so that people could speculate on this if they wanted, and so there is only one place for it (so it doesn't keep coming up in the Speculation thread itself, or come in the form of multiple new threads so much, which does happen as people want to discuss when it'll come out a fair bit).

Besides - close something because what is speculated is only possible and could be a rumor? A lot of discussion is speculation, particularly in the Speculation sticky thread (and by that then that should be closed, along with many other threads)... if something is a rumor than people can say 'hey, it's a rumor' - but not everything is, and the release data may be leaked further down the line, who knows.

HeartGold95

HeartGoldFTW!
    Years
    ...No - in fact I kept it open so that people could speculate on this if they wanted, and so there is only one place for it (so it doesn't keep coming up in the Speculation thread itself, or come in the form of multiple new threads so much, which does happen as people want to discuss when it'll come out a fair bit).

Besides - close something because what is speculated is only possible and could be a rumor? A lot of discussion is speculation, particularly in the Speculation sticky thread (and by that then that should be closed, along with many other threads)... if something is a rumor than people can say 'hey, it's a rumor' - but not everything is, and the release data may be leaked further down the line, who knows.

Oh alright thanks i was just wondering if should or not but aparently not many have post this thread recently hope they post now but anyways thanks again!:)

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I was just thinking what the UK/EU release date might be, and assuming it comes out in America in early spring then you allow the usual few months for translations (it apparently takes MONTHS to add in a couple of u's) that means we won't get it until about June! I don't get why it takes so long for them to "translate" American English into British English.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I was just thinking what the UK/EU release date might be, and assuming it comes out in America in early spring then you allow the usual few months for translations (it apparently takes MONTHS to add in a couple of u's) that means we won't get it until about June! I don't get why it takes so long for them to "translate" American English into British English.

Amazon can have false release dates for some of their items. It is one reason why I rather wait to hear it from official sources rather than getting false hopes. However, the American release date can be revealed sometime in December like it was for Platinum last year. Then, I would expect pre-orders for the American copy to come along not too long after. Like most, I say anywhere between late February to late April may be the most common time of release for HeartGold and SoulSilver in the US.

As for the EK and Australian version, my time frame for the release dat there would be anywhere between May and June, but like said, anything is possible. As for why it takes so long to distribute amongst other copies, people tend to forget that it isn't only translations that take up time. There are the little factors inbetween that you must take into consideration as well. For instance, copying, packaging, shipping, and distributing out to each store of each country all takes up time. Then there is preparation for the release and reruns to make sure the game is well off to be on the market first as well. So, it takes time yes, but not only because of translation.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    So, new info now - the release date for America is the vague 'Spring 2010' date - which was quite expected by myself, really. That means anytime in March-May. Same as the other games like Platinum and so forth, really.

No news on other countries yet, of course... so speculation may yet continue for that as well, I suppose.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I am almost certain that HG/SS will be released around March 21st, for some reason a lot of the games have came out around there. I know this because my birthday is just a few days away from March 21st so I usually end up getting Pokemon games. : 3

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    Yeah, I'd hate to rain on the parade of anyone who's thinking February, but it's not going to be then, as the first day of spring is the 20th of March. So, when they say Spring 2010, it could be anywhere between the 3/20/10-6/20/10 (as the first day of summer is the 21st). BUT if you look at the current trend, it's been the 3rd/4th week of the 3rd/4th month, so expect sometime late March to late April. :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Yeah, I'd hate to rain on the parade of anyone who's thinking February, but it's not going to be then, as the first day of spring is the 20th of March. So, when they say Spring 2010, it could be anywhere between the 3/20/10-6/20/10 (as the first day of summer is the 21st). BUT if you look at the current trend, it's been the 3rd/4th week of the 3rd/4th month, so expect sometime late March to late April. :D

^ This, many people still think of a February release when the beginning of Spring isn't until March till the end of it in June. My speculations is on a March or April release however, as it seems most probable to go with the Spring release idea. Also, just like you've noted interestingly enough, the games have recently been coming into pattern by being released on the 3rd/4th week if the 3rd/4th month. Now, Game Freak and Nintendo aren't obligated on sticking to a pattern, but the time of release seems assuring looking back at the last few games that recently came out around the same time in Spring [Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum].

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Really, people, stop discrediting me and implying I know nothing. I said that long before a Spring release date was confirmed. In fact, judging by the date of Bob's post it was very recent. So just quit it. This thread is no longer about my speculations.

Now, Game Freak and Nintendo aren't obligated on sticking to a pattern, but the time of release seems assuring looking back at the last few games that recently came out around the same time in Spring [Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum].
    I find it funny how you're sticking to a pattern so quickly when you were one of the first ones to condemn my idea. :/

Last edited:

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    Really, people, stop discrediting me and implying I know nothing. I said that long before a Spring release date was confirmed. In fact, judging by the date of Bob's post it was very recent. So just quit it. This thread is no longer about my speculations.

I wasn't talking about you. I read through your thread, and saw that you came to the realization that there will be no Feb. release. It's everyone else that's still hoping for an early release. I apologize if that's the way it sounded, though.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I find it funny how you're sticking to a pattern so quickly when you were one of the first ones to condemn my idea. :/

No, not sticking to a pattern, but more so looking back at past releases. When one tries to format a rough prediction or thought you go back to past events or known information to softly conclude at a point.

I'm not sticking to the pattern, but more using it as a mild example to when the exact release may be. Earlier this year we couldn't have said it being released just based on past releases and a common pattern because the game's precence was still early in issue and most dates weren't known as yet. However, with official information such as a Spring release for the US and UK you can revert back to past dates as they too were not only Spring releases, but fell near the same dates. At least now most fans know the game's season release, but I myself cannot conclude on when exactly it may come out on the market.

Back