• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation announcement feedback.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Why are we even derailing this topic in the first place? All I did was ask if a comment I'd received constituted abuse and I got abuse thrown at me for no reason at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    No; it doesn't constitute abuse. Comments will not removed unless against general forum rules, afaik. Stop complaining <3

Thank you.

Years
  • Really? Because I'm sure that rep wasn't abused.. except by probably 2% of the forum.

No, what was abused was the hard work of the staff that people take for granted to remove negative rep; and thats sad. Thats the reason rep was removed, and if you go back and look past threads and posts, the staff were really happy with reintroducing rep. I doubt it was an easy decision for them to remove it as its a feature that benefits alot of people.

"Staff Abused Rep" No, sorry, people sucked upto the staff and gave them random rep, maybe, but they would not just abuse rep.

On the topic of the removal of rep, I will safely say that it was not anyone's fault but those that couldn't man up and take the negative rep.

Will you cry if someone tells you you are stupid via VM or PM? Will the staff do anything?

NOPE. Unless it gets to a stage of cyber bullying; your problem is your problem, not the people that maintain the forum and thats the reason why rep was removed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Really? Because I'm sure that rep wasn't abused.. except by probably 2% of the forum.

No,
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]what was abused was the hard work of the staff that people take for granted to remove negative rep; and thats sad[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. Thats the reason rep was removed, and if you go back and look past threads and posts, the staff were really happy with reintroducing rep. I doubt it was an easy decision for them to remove it as its a feature that benefits alot of people.

"Staff Abused Rep" No, sorry, people sucked upto the staff and gave them random rep, maybe, but they would not just abuse rep.

On the topic of the removal of rep, I will safely say that
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]it was not anyone's fault but those that couldn't man up and take the negative rep[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Will you cry if someone tells you you are stupid via VM or PM? Will the staff do anything?

NOPE. Unless it gets to a stage of cyber bullying; your problem is your problem, not the people that maintain the forum and thats the reason why rep was removed.
    QFT, sister. QFT.
    Preach it <3

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    you got that comment because you said you reported first in a post and etc, not that hard to figure out

Well, at least someone decided to tell me the reasoning for my post comment. Well done Zet!

That's all I wanted from the others, but you didn't do so. :(

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • gah... good thing reps are gone. People have been giving me negative reps lately because I've been having a very bad time lately. So I didn't sound very nice. But one person's reason didn't make any sense... 0_o

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Anothing bolt that may need to be tightened in this transition is that on the advanced search of the members list, you can order by "Post Comment" (I assume you could once order by reputation.) This probably should be removed, as it's now pointless with no number value attached to it, and to new members, will be confusing.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Unfortunately that may lead to a chilling effect because people will be less willing to give out the bad reps for fear of retaliation.

well in a way its a good idea, but think about it, would you want to know who is talking crapolla about you? Knowing the person thats doing so, can cut down on this.

:t354:TG

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    But like
    that can lead to immature people, who get bad comments, getting pissery and possibly even starting flame wars .o.
    and thats NO GOOD

and people feel more comfortable leaving comments knowing they can be anonymous
    if they really want people to know they left a comment, they can sign it, ya' know :>

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I think you should be able to see the people that give you comment reps because now I'm getting insulting comments about my font, my avatar and other random stuff

Maybe they do find it hard to read and it's a suggestion to change it. Admittedly, I have to use PC with the font size turned up due to most people's customisations, and I don't even have to wear glasses a lot.

Sorry to be off-topic, but TG, soon there will be an option in the user CP (or something) for people to strip the custom formatting from posts when they view the forum, so you should get less comments about your text.

I know it's really annoying, but I think we have to learn to ignore these comments, as I don't think they're what the old rep system or the new comment system is intended for, but it's not like it's affecting your user reputation. No point in removing it - once you've read it, you've read it.

and people feel more comfortable leaving comments knowing they can be anonymous
    if they really want people to know they left a comment, they can sign it, ya' know :>

I agree. I've had a couple of people sign their comments. It should be left entirely optional, because some people are more confident about it than others...and if they were automatically signed, I think a lot of flame wars would start. =/

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Huh. Never realized the rep system was gone until I read this. Well the comments are a nice idea.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Nicely done.

Now, we don't have to worry about everyone sucking up to mods and admins anymore.

HA!
    That's funny that you think that.

I think that removing rep because members decided they don't like criticism is a stupid idea. Mods removing rep simply because of all the whining from members who probably deserved the negative rep in the first place? How sad. I mean did we forget who is in charge here? How about the mods just tell the whiners, NO. Then keep the rep there? I mean the mods can see if it's a legitimate neg. Honestly people are just babies to criticism.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Meh...Pointless debate and argument is pointless. This whole thread is devolving into a flame war IMHO.

Anyways, back on topic now...It's better. If you were a mod, would you want to put up with all those n00bs begging, complaining, and crying to you about it? I wouldn't. Disabling the rep point system is a win-win situation for everyone, it increases the overall friendliness of the community and stops abuse. Simple as that. If you don't like it, you know where the sign out button is, and you don't have to come back. (That goes for each and every one of you posting in here and stupidly arguing about the new system!) :)

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    is the comment thing working because I'm not able to give comment Rep to anyone now

Rep doesn't exist no more, but you must be in a usergroup where you can't send out post comments. Try contacting a member of the administration team, they'll know and put you back to the right usergroup

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

• Rep doesn't exist no more, but you must be in a usergroup where you can't send out post comments. Try contacting a member of the administration team, they'll know and put you back to the right usergroup
    I'm sure everyone can still make post comments, it just doesn't count towards your final rep anymore.

Back