• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So I've got a normal Ninjask(jolly,252 hp, 252 speed, 6 def) with
    swords dance
    agility
    double team
    baton pass
    which I plan on using to pass the speed and boost to a physical sweeper

what physical sweeper would be recommended?

by the way, this is for single battle in battle tower, my 3rd Poke is a wall Bronzong(252 sp def, 252 def, 6 hp) with
    toxic
    extrasensory
    iron defense
    rest

Why the heck do you have Agility when it has Speed Boost ? o_o

Sub > Agility and Pass to something that can actually benefit from it like Metagross etc.

248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe @ Adamant. Making its subs bulkier is better and so you can actually pass more stuff.

Going for a Toxic Staller. Thinking Registeel is my best choice, with it's 150 base defense and special defense. Others I was looking at were cresselia and muk.

Anyways I wasn't sure about an ev spread for it. Should I max out both def and spd? or maybe max out HP and give it some in def and some in atk? It's a careful nature. Probably gonna go with leftovers, maybe shuca berry. Moveset would be something like this:

Toxic
    Protect
    Rest
    Sleep Talk/Earthquake?

If you know of a better toxic staller, or a better moveset, let me know.

-Ken

Blissey and Vaporeon are the best Toxistallers tbh.

Does Breloom suck in online play?

No it doesn't suck. People just use it wrong. Seed Bomb is terrible though. I have no idea why people use just an awful move. Horrible coverage, lets you get walled by everything that resists fighting, the only thing it even hurts is Gliscor. :/ Stone Edge and Leech Seed are better most of the time seriously though lol.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Me too I don't really get why seed bomb is there as almost all popular OU pokemon resist it =/.
    Also Toxic Spikes + subseed breloom 4 annoyage?

Toxic Spikes on a team with breloom is generally a bad idea since almost every breloom set involves using spore.

And Seed Bomb is kinda useful, hits Gyarados, Gliscor and ghost-types better than Focus Punch does. Also good for stuff like max hp/max def Suicune/standard Vappy if you don't have a sub and they switch in only expecting you to carry focus punch.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    All of those are spore'd in the face..
    Edit: Wow I fail it only hits vappy >.>

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

And Seed Bomb is kinda useful, hits Gyarados, Gliscor and ghost-types better than Focus Punch does. Also good for stuff like max hp/max def Suicune/standard Vappy if you don't have a sub and they switch in only expecting you to carry focus punch.

Gyarados is better hit by Stone Edge. Stone Edge hits the Rotoms whilst also covering Gengar too along with Salamence.

Vappy and Cune get Sub Seeded to death and Focus Punch hits them both really hard enough already (2hko on both, the same as seed bomb).

So really Seed Bomb only really covers Gliscor well tbh lol

Though cb loom is the best imho.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    So I'm running this Groudon:

Groudon @ Life Orb
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Drought Ability
    Jolly Nature
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake

General sweeper EV spread. I'll might switch to Leftovers. Jolly gives me 612 speed after a boost so nothing can revenge this crap. (Or the way I calculate is not good)
    Last slot, D-Claw / Stone Edge? Lugia gave me some problems. I'll might use Shadow Claw to hit Giratina too but I think SE would be better.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Blissey and Vaporeon are the best Toxistallers tbh.

Well, if I wanted to go with one of the ones I mentioned, what would be my best option with them? Specifically the ev spread for registeel, or if the others I mentioned are better than registeel.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
    Thinking of using ninjask. What are some good EV Distributions for it?:

Ninjask @ Focus sash
    Speed boost Ability
    Jolly Nature
    - X-Scissor
    - U-Turn
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost?

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    Ludicolo as a Sponge (My moveset. Care to evaluate?)

Okay so I am making a super pokemon team and one of my pokemon is Ludicolo. Here is his basic...stuff.

Lonely Nature (I know it lowers Defense, I was thinking about getting a new one but I just got way too many Lotads with Swift Swim I kinda called this good.)

Rain Dish
    Holding Leftovers

Attacks:
    Rain Dance
    Leech Seed
    Mega Drain
    Protect (I want to change it to Substitute, but I suck at Voltorb flip so I can't get 2000 coins.)

Is this good?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thinking of using ninjask. What are some good EV Distributions for it?:

Ninjask @ Focus sash
    Speed boost Ability
    Jolly Nature
    - X-Scissor
    - U-Turn
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost?

The ONLY reason you'd use Ninjask is to pass speed. Sweeper Jask is outclassed by many things and is inferior.

Ninjask@Leftovers / <Pinch Berry>
    Jolly Nature
    176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Swords Dance / Protect
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ X-Scissor / Aerial Ace

If you're using Protect use 248 HP / 8 Atk / 184 Def / 68 Spe @ Adamant for more bulk and you wont need speed as much then as you have protect to activate speed boost.

Okay so I am making a super pokemon team and one of my pokemon is Ludicolo. Here is his basic...stuff.

Lonely Nature (I know it lowers Defense, I was thinking about getting a new one but I just got way too many Lotads with Swift Swim I kinda called this good.)

Rain Dish
    Holding Leftovers

Attacks:
    Rain Dance
    Leech Seed
    Mega Drain
    Protect (I want to change it to Substitute, but I suck at Voltorb flip so I can't get 2000 coins.)

Is this good?

Uh Lonely sucks, use Calm.

Ludicicolo@Leftovers
    252 HP / 76 Def / 184 Sp.D
    Calm Nature
    Trait : Rain Dish
    - Surf
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect / Rain Dance
    - Toxic / Ice Beam / Energy Ball

Mega Drain is weaksauce.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have another question. Is the Bulky Spiker Qwilfish better than Spikes Support Qwilfish?

Yes.

A. Because Bulky Spiker Qwil is my set. >o
    B. Bulky Spiker isn't set up fodder for other Spikers and shuts down anything wanting to set up or heal on it with Taunt.
    C. Pain Split lets the Bulky Spiker set up more Spikes as its able to heal.
    D. Bulky Spiker actually beats things and isn't stupid and frail lol.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Best Shuffler in NU?
    Also do I really need SR with spikes or I can just use SR and shuffle (I know it'll be less effective.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2023
    Hey,

My friends and i are getting 'back into' pokemon.
    One of my friends got in way before use, and has his pokemon up.
    He has fully EV Trained one of his pokemon, Rampardos, so its really fast. I generally use Gengar, which can survive its first attack, Hypnotize it and dream eat to full health/kill him. But this is a pain because hypnotize isnt 100%

TL;DR
    I would like:
    A water type, Fast, Strong.
    Can anyone suggest?

Yes, i made a thread but was told to come here.
    Thanks

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    What is a good moveset for my Leafeon?

I want him to know Energy Ball and Leaf blade for sure. But I'm unsure of what else to teach him.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What is a good moveset for my Leafeon?

I want him to know Energy Ball and Leaf blade for sure. But I'm unsure of what else to teach him.

Dont use Energy Ball, its special and Leafeon has horrible special attack. Use physical attacks only. That and dont use the same type moves on one set unless they server a totally different purpose (i.e Ice Shard + Ice Fang).

Leafeon@Life Orb
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Leaf Blade
    ~ Return
    ~ Quick Attack / X-Scissor / Synthesis

Swords Dance Sweeper. Shame it doesn't have much of a movepool.

Leafeon@Leftovers
    132 HP / 160 Atk / 216 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    ~ Leaf Blade
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Roar / GrassWhistle

Baton Passer.

Leafeon@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Def /6 Spe
    Impish Nature
    ~ Leaf Blade
    ~ Wish
    ~ Yawn / Roar / Toxic
    ~ Protect

Wish Supporter.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    A physical move and a special move of the same type doesn't exactly work out. The most used Leafeon set is the SD set (Swords Dance, Double-Edge/Return, Leaf Blade, Quick Attack/X-Scissor). My novelty set includes Sunny Day, SolarBeam, Hidden Power Fire/Rock/Ice and Synthesis. I don't see how a Leafeon could utilise Energy Ball other than a Choice Specs set which is utterly weird. Energy Ball + Leaf Blade = ??? Feel free to make your own set but it's gonna be weird. (Substitute/Protect, Yawn, Leaf Blade, Energy Ball w/ Hasty/Lax nature and Leftovers is the only one I can come up with.)

@wolfy Use a Kingdra or Ludicolo in a Rain Dance team.
    Ludicolo- Damp Rock
    Timid
    252SpAtk 252Spd
    Rain Dance
    Surf
    Grass Knot/Energy Ball
    Ice Beam

Kingdra- Damp Rock/Leftovers/Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Adamant
    252Atk, 176HP, 80Spd
    Rain Dance
    Dragon Dance/Substitute
    Waterfall
    Outrage

Kingdra- Damp Rock/Leftovers/Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Naughty
    240Atk, 240Spd, 12SpAtk, 12HP
    Rain Dance
    Waterfall
    Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    Hydro Pump/Surf/Outrage/Substitute

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Yes, i made a thread but was told to come here.
    Thanks

Rampardos has lol speed. Unless you somehow let it get off a Rock Polish, your Gengar should hit first; just KO it with...well, anything. You don't need to Hypnosis - Dream Eater it; Rampardos also has lol defenses. In fact, Rampardos is just lol except for its attack. Don't let it set up Rock Polish and you'll be fine. Whatever he sends his Rampardos into should be able to KO before it hurts you.

Although how the heck your Gengar can survive I wonder. Does it run like Ancientpower or Rock Slide or something lol like that? o.o Both unboosted Stone Edge and Earthquake off a neutral nature and no EVs always KO, according to Smogon's calc.

If you absolutely need a water type, Kingdra works pretty well (especially after a Dragon Dance) and so does Gyarados. :D

Back