• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Better spinblocker in NU other than dusclops? It's just pure taunt / sub*statup move* bait.

Drifblim@Leftovers
    252 Def / 252 S.Def / 6 Speed
    Bold Nature
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Shadow Ball
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Thats what i use lol. Bulkiest ghost apart from Clops and is immune to S-slash's eq's.

Or there is Misdreavus who is bulkier than it looks in NU and is immune to Sandslash stab and with just a sprinkle in def (80~ def evs) its never 3hko'd by its Stone Edge and gets other cool moves like Wisp, Pain Split, Heal Bell and Perish Song etc.

Sableye is ok too, gets Recover, Wisp, Taunt, Knock Off and lols at like all of the fighters in the tier.

Offensive wise there is Haunter and CM Blim.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2023
    Thanks guys
    Im gonna go with Kingdra.
    -Surf
    -Hydro Pump
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Pulse/Dragon Meteor/Outrage

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Thanks guys
    Im gonna go with Kingdra.
    -Surf
    -Hydro Pump
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Pulse/Dragon Meteor/Outrage

Umm, no. That's just an awful set, seeing as Dragon Dance doesn't affect special attacks at all. Kingdra can't pull off a mixed set too well unless it's in the rain. Just choose special or physical.

Kingdra@Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Swift Swim
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

• Substitute
    • Dragon Dance
    • Waterfall
    • Outrage
    Leftovers for recovery each turn for more subs, Lum Berry to prevent status before you sub or to cure confusion after you use Outrage.

Kingdra@Choice Specs
    Swift Swin
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA/216 Spe/40 HP

• Draco Meteor
    • Hydro Pump
    • Surf
    • Dragon Pulse
    It's STAB attacks hit everything neutral minus Empoleon (Who isn't really that common anymore). Draco and Hydro Pump help wreck stuff early game to mid game, Surf and Dragon Pulse are more reliable moves accuracy wise late game when missing can kill the game for you.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    On specs Kingdra ive never gotten the logic behind Swift Swim. Sniper is honestly better imo, since OHKOing Blissey with a Crit is supposed to be one the sets selling points tbh. :x

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Okay...you guys have good ideas for my Leafeon, but honestly I don't see why you think it's weird that I like Energy Ball........I found it to be powerful. =/

Thanks for the advice though

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    so i'm making a lopunny mainly for NU battling, and i cant decide between 2 things (i havent bred it yet)

a. klutz ability and switcheroo with choice scarf
    or
    b. cute charm and encore

the 2 are very similar since i can plan my switcheroo with klutz, but idk which one would be better (in the long run?)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Okay...you guys have good ideas for my Leafeon, but honestly I don't see why you think it's weird that I like Energy Ball........I found it to be powerful. =/

Thanks for the advice though

No matter how powerful it is, Leaf Blade's just a million times better and two moves of the same type is mostly no. :D

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    No matter how powerful it is, Leaf Blade's just a million times better and two moves of the same type is mostly no. :D

Well he doesnt get leafblade til lvl 71. He knows energy ball now, and that move is like impossible to get..so that would be a waste to just delete it later.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well he doesnt get leafblade til lvl 71. He knows energy ball now, and that move is like impossible to get..so that would be a waste to just delete it later.

The point is Energy Ball sucks on Leafeon. Its special, Leafeon has a horrible special attack stat whilst Leaf Blade is physical and Leafeon has great att to work with. Leaf Blade is better, simple. There is no reason to use Energy Ball on Leafeon, period.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    so i'm making a lopunny mainly for NU battling, and i cant decide between 2 things (i havent bred it yet)

a. klutz ability and switcheroo with choice scarf
    or
    b. cute charm and encore

the 2 are very similar since i can plan my switcheroo with klutz, but idk which one would be better (in the long run?)
    Lopunny isn't the most defensive Pokemon, so I would strongly advise against the Cute Charm + Encore set. Use the Klutz set you mentioned but with a Toxic Orb.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Then you've sort of wasted Energy Ball, haven't you? Even Razor Leaf on Leafeon is better than Energy Ball. D:

No it's not a waste. All the moves that everyone suggested are moves that don't cause any damage. I don't use those. I won't give my opponent a free move to wipe me out, where is the logic in that? Lolz, maybe you guys think I'm an idiot, but my battle style works for me. I seriously feel like characters in the anime. Everyone always judges them like, what are they thinking using that move/pokemon against that type or whatever, etc. But it's works for me so.....

Maybe your right, I'm not saying your wrong. But I think your looking at the stats too obsessively. I don't do that, it's ridiculous to be obsessive over that and say, hey, he's 10 pts lower in Sp Attk so that move isn't gonna work. Seriously? What's the difference? It isn't significant enough for me to obsess over. Same goes for natures, a 10% stat difference isn't going to be major. Now if it was 20% + then sure, worry about it, but 10%? Why?

Btw, I've played Pokemon alll of my life. Never had a problem with any of the move choices I made. I just wanted to know what damage causing moves were good. I don't bother with ones that raise my stats or lower the opponents stats. Only physical and condition moves for me.

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I looked throuh this thread and I can't seem to find it.
    What was the best moveset for Draco Meteor Jirachi?
    D_A posted this set some time earlier in this thread:

Jirachi@Choice Specs
    252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Modest / Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder

By Thunder, I assume he meant to post Thunderbolt.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    I'm curious as to whether the following setup is worth the effort to breed:
    Togekiss / Serene Grace
    Nasty Plot
    Water Pulse
    Ancient Power
    Ariel Ace/ *Move of Choice*

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    This Nasty Plot Togekiss set is better:
    Togekiss @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Aura Sphere
    ~ Roost.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Wouldn't Life Orb fit better? It already has a healing move so leftovers is kinda uneccesery. Never used Togekiss though.

Dylan1

ALOT IS NOT A WORD!!!!
    Years
    Egg Stratagies

I need some stratagies for breeding pokemon. Namely my shiny ghastly

Back