• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    No it's not a waste. All the moves that everyone suggested are moves that don't cause any damage. I don't use those. I won't give my opponent a free move to wipe me out, where is the logic in that? Lolz, maybe you guys think I'm an idiot, but my battle style works for me. I seriously feel like characters in the anime. Everyone always judges them like, what are they thinking using that move/pokemon against that type or whatever, etc. But it's works for me so.....

Maybe your right, I'm not saying your wrong. But I think your looking at the stats too obsessively. I don't do that, it's ridiculous to be obsessive over that and say, hey, he's 10 pts lower in Sp Attk so that move isn't gonna work. Seriously? What's the difference? It isn't significant enough for me to obsess over. Same goes for natures, a 10% stat difference isn't going to be major. Now if it was 20% + then sure, worry about it, but 10%? Why?

Btw, I've played Pokemon alll of my life. Never had a problem with any of the move choices I made. I just wanted to know what damage causing moves were good. I don't bother with ones that raise my stats or lower the opponents stats. Only physical and condition moves for me.

Yeah when you play competitively this is the sort of frankly dumb, stubborn mind set that makes you get wasted each and every single time you battle and you'll keep wondering why you keep losing. Its up to you if you wanna listen, but eventually you will come to realize that we're right. This horrible mindset also keeps you from improving.

everyone suggested are moves that don't cause any damage. I don't use those. I won't give my opponent a free move to wipe me out, where is the logic in that? Lolz,

lrn2predict and use it on pokes whom cannot harm you.

But nooo you're right, i mean who would want moves that double your attack stat so you can tear through your opponents team or even pass those boosts to some of the best physical sweepers in the game so they can tear through the opposing team ? Nah that sux dood "lolz". [/Sarcasm] :/

Lastly btw how are we "obsessing over stats" when its just logic. You're using Energy Ball which comes off of Leafeons base 60 sp.att when you can use Leaf Blade which comes off of its almost double base 110 Attack stat. ~___~

It has come to my attention that you arent experienced in battling anyway so ill link you here and here.

D_A posted this set some time earlier in this thread:

Jirachi@Choice Specs
    252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Modest / Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder

By Thunder, I assume he meant to post Thunderbolt.

Nah Serene Grace makes Thunder trollish, 60% paralysis rate which is hilarious imo. :x

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Wouldn't Life Orb fit better? It already has a healing move so leftovers is kinda uneccesery. Never used Togekiss though.

IMO Togekiss is kinda like offensive Suicune, since even with little/none defensive investment it still has a ton of bulk, and when you are taking 25% from switching into SR and the likes, that 6% every turn might prove to be very valuable in the end. Besides, if you run lefties your opponent won't know straight away what set you are running, so that puts you at an advantage since they'll have to scout for your moves, leaving you free to do whatever.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Guess you're right.

Now that you mention Suicune I was thinking if he can fit my team.
    I'm planning about the CroCune set.

Swampert (lead)
    Sp.def skarm
    Rotom-H (don't think there's a better spinblocker to handle the likes of starmie / tentacruel / forry)
    CM Raikou
    CM Luke (I think I'll replace this guy. He's mainly a filler since Lati left)
    Scarf Rachi

I also think about a rapid spinner since this team is kinda semi-stall. I think Kou doesn't fit in too much but eh he had some sweeps. For some reason I think SD Fera or SD Absol might fit but nah.

Also I was wondering if the defensive Rotom-H set is effective. Since it's blocking spins some investment in special defense might work?
    Edit:
    For some reasons I now feel Crocune won't fit >.>

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Man this team leans toward stall >.>
    I'll might put Forry in, sp.def or def set? I always wanted to try out stall anyway.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Pain Split > Spikes on Sp.def forry? I have Skarm for spikes.
    Or perhaps boom?

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • I'll use Forry then.

Now the team looks like

Swampert lead
    Sp.def Forry
    Rotom-H
    **Free spot** (Blissey? I'm planning on WishBliss, kinda worried about Scizor though)
    CroCune
    ScarfTar? (Or ScarfRachi?

RodeoJones

True Blue.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    I've also got a Suicune question. What would be the best Suicune for a team with Specs Jolteon, Curselax, SD Luke, Rapid Spin Starmie, PhysWall Steelix?

I was thinking Subcune. Would that be viable? I want it to have Ice Beam as I don't think I've got anything to deal with Dragonite.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I've also got a Suicune question. What would be the best Suicune for a team with Specs Jolteon, Curselax, SD Luke, Rapid Spin Starmie, PhysWall Steelix?

I was thinking Subcune. Would that be viable? I want it to have Ice Beam as I don't think I've got anything to deal with Dragonite.

You could do Bulky Cune (personally my favorite set):

Suicune @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    -Calm Mind
    -Rest
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf

bulky and pretty powerful. a great bulky sweeper

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I've also got a Suicune question. What would be the best Suicune for a team with Specs Jolteon, Curselax, SD Luke, Rapid Spin Starmie, PhysWall Steelix?

You can look here for Suicune sets: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/suicune

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Why on earth is Umbreon now OU? It's now classed as better than Cressellia!

It doesn't mean its better, just means its used more. Well actually Umbreon IS kinda better, it has alot more support options.

Because it's less pursuit bait?

Tell me, how is it Pursuit bait when Reflect and Thunderwave null that totally lol ? Rather the fact that its easy to set up on and doesn't hurt anything outside of Ice Beam/Psychic and Moonlight is non-viable because of T-Tar's Sandstream, so it really cant heal well.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Any good Deoxys-A aggresive lead set? I'm participating in a 3v3 Uber tournament and setting up hazards will just be a lose of time.

I really dunno what to put the 3 other though, this is my Uber team https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=218613, I was thinking about Deo-A + RPSD Groudon + Ho-Oh, but meh. Meybe I'd Gira-O, or even Swellow for the jokes?
    Or should I put Giratina (wall) there? I don't think having too much time for stalling will be essential in a 3v3.

Also, I'm using WishBliss, but I don't think I really need the defense investment, a viable spread with Calm nature? (OU play)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Use Dual Screen Deo-S + Baton Pass Mew + Ho-Oh. imo, if you pull it off "gg".

Back