• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

RTHookers

Banned
Years
  • Ho-oh with agility and SD will REALLY own crap. I'll might pass to Gira-O but it's considerably frail than other Ubers (though it once survived Ice arceus judgement)
    I'll try that strategy though, sounds fun.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • what is the advantage to having a lot of HP if your pokemon has no defense at all? oh yeah a noob question but what is the maximum amount of EV's a stat can have? is it 252 or 255?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    what is the advantage to having a lot of HP if your pokemon has no defense at all? oh yeah a noob question but what is the maximum amount of EV's a stat can have? is it 252 or 255?
    As in using max HP EVs on Infernape (example)? Well, no advantage, you want to focus on its Speed and offense stats since it probably won't be able to take any hits at all.

255 is the max, but the 3 EVs are useless because 255 isn't divisible by four, so 252 is better.

Nivek15

Honest Trainer
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 20, 2010
    Good moveset for a Rampardos?

I just hatched a baby Cranidos. Adamant nature, male.

Egg moves:

Earthquake
    Headbutt
    Leer

Any suggestions on a good moveset when it becomes Rampardos?

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • As in using max HP EVs on Infernape (example)? Well, no advantage, you want to focus on its Speed and offense stats since it probably won't be able to take any hits at all.

255 is the max, but the 3 EVs are useless because 255 isn't divisible by four, so 252 is better.

ah so a pokemon with 255 EVs is the same as a pokemon with 252 EVs?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • ah so a pokemon with 255 EVs is the same as a pokemon with 252 EVs?
    In one stat, technically yes.

At level 100, 4 EVs = +1
    255 is the max you can have per stat:
    255/4 = 63.75, you can't have 3/4 of a stat, so it's useless.
    252/4 = 63, so either way you'll have +63 in one stat by EVs alone.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • I just hatched a baby Cranidos. Adamant nature, male.

Egg moves:

Earthquake
    Headbutt
    Leer

Any suggestions on a good moveset when it becomes Rampardos?

Lets see here.
    If its a TM problem, I can provide those for you if you want.
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge(STAB)
    Fire Punch/Thunder Punch/Swords Dance/Rock Polish (depends if you want attacking or stat boosting)
    Pursuit

This is the moveset for one of mine, except its Jolly. I also picked Thunderpunch.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • I need a replacement

I was originally going to have a latias but now that it is uber I can't. I was then going to use salamance but with talk of it also going to uber I now need another special attack.
    my current team is lead azelf, choice band scizor, physical electivile, physical wall hippowdon, special Empoleon. What can I use to fill in the last slot?

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • You can try MixNite. I have been debating whether to use Salamence aswell as a replacement for my beloved Chompy (RIP) but I looked into it more, and Dragonite works very well as a Special Sweeper or Physical Sweeper in any case. However, you do have Hippowdon, which means sandstorm might screw up the sweeper. Not a problem with MixNite. Run 196 EVs into SpATK, 112 into ATK, and 200 into SPE, equipping it with a Life Orb, with Roost (Helps with the Life Orb recoil and the Sandstorm), SuperPower, Draco Meteor, and or FireBlast/Flamethrower.

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Thanks i'll consider using it luckily I have a 31 spd Iv Dratini sitting around my boxes. I'll make it and test it out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Ok, I need some help with this one:

Scizor Holding Occa Berry
    Careful Nature
    252 SPd/ the rest random, non on SPA

Roost
    SuperPower (for Magnezone)
    U-Turn
    Bullet Punch

Here's the problem: his highest IV's are in Special Attack (Mischievius) and IDK what he really has in the others, but they should be decent because I breeded right?

Anywho, the whole point of this was to make sure he cannot be 2 OHKO's by surf or Thunderbolt, and cannot be OHKO'd by Overheat Rotom..can he still be?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • So can anyone suggest a good move set for Gallade?
    Gallade @ Life Orb
    Ability: Steadfast
    Nature: Jolly / Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Stone Edge / Ice Punch
    ~ Psycho Cut / Shadow Sneak

I recommend not to use Gallade though, as it has left UU and Infernape, Lucario and Machamp outclass it.

BlazingShadow

Stealth God
    Years
  • Gallade @ Life Orb
    Ability: Steadfast
    Nature: Jolly / Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Stone Edge / Ice Punch
    ~ Psycho Cut / Shadow Sneak

I recommend not to use Gallade though, as it has left UU and Infernape, Lucario and Machamp outclass it.

Machamp is good but I think its kinda slow.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Machamp is pretty good at spamming DynamicPunches (with No Guard, Dynamic Punch has 100% accuracy so it's damage + assured confusion). You can always Baton Pass speed to Machamp though.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Ok, I need some help with this one:

Scizor Holding Occa Berry
    Careful Nature
    252 SPd/ the rest random, non on SPA

Roost
    SuperPower (for Magnezone)
    U-Turn
    Bullet Punch

Here's the problem: his highest IV's are in Special Attack (Mischievius) and IDK what he really has in the others, but they should be decent because I breeded right?

Anywho, the whole point of this was to make sure he cannot be 2 OHKO's by surf or Thunderbolt, and cannot be OHKO'd by Overheat Rotom..can he still be?

Careful Scizor really isn't that great, you want an Adamant Scizor to maximize his Attack potential, also decent IVs are not a guarantee from breeding, all IV chances are random. I would honestly rebreed (you can try RNG abuse if you like to help get an adamant 31 Attack Scizor)

As for the being OHKOed by the various special attacks, I'm pretty sure Rotom-H still has a shot to go through Overheat, but I won't be able to tell unless I have the exact EVs from Scizor.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Well I KNOW stall is hard to pull in NU, I'll try anyway since after trying out a noob stall team I've made (Pert, sp.def forry, rotom-h, blissey, crocune and scarftar) I seem to pretty much like stall.

I'll go with Misdreavus for my spinblocker. I'll might try Drifblim lOater though.
    I still wonder who can setup Toxic Spikes, and I need a shuffler. I was thinking about SubRoost Articuno with Roar > Toxic. I'll use Qwil for spikes, Roselia for toxic spikes? I have slash for spinning. I'll might go with SS stall with Cradily > Articuno but I really dunno. Any suggestions?

Back