• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • Uhm, yeah, EVs mostly aren't for boosting weak stats, they're for giving Pokémon extra in stats. Blissey's going to want every single last HP point you can put onto it.

Years
  • In addition, if you plan on having wish over soft boiled then protect is far more useful than counter and as you have the use of protect toxic becomes much more effective than thunder wave.

Though this completely depends on your team which if doesn't benefit from wish and you would prefer softboiled go for flamethrower or ice beam to stop yourself being set up fodder.

A counter set would most likely would not be as effective as a more standard.

Years
  • Over a nasty plot set calm mind is generally chosen as the stat upper of choice as the special defense boost allows a much more solid sweep stopping threats such as moltres coming in and ruining your sweep.

The Attacking moves to choose from are between hp fighting and dark pulse/ shadows ball.

Shadow ball is recommended over dark pulse as it has better coverage and the added effect of special defense lowering is much more appealing than the flinch rate on a slow pokemon

For recovery you have a choice between rest and pain split. Rest is much more reliable so i suggest that.

Additionally you could choose sleep talk over hp fighting to be a bit bulkier and stop rest from making you setup fodder.

The suggested ev's are just 252 in hp and 252 in defense for bulk and 4 in special attacks.

Last edited:

ry91

That's what she said!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2012
    NEED HELP WIT MY KANGASKAN!!!

it is jolly natured with speed ev's and i trained it to level 100 with a power anklet,
    so it is pretty f'in fast at 262, now i was wonderin should i put sucker punch or crunch on the moveset to hit ghost types, they both have pros and cons i guess bu i need help:(

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • Oh, I had no idea 262 is fast, lol...

Sucker Punch cause its slow. Not fast, slow.

Also, any ideas for NU leads? Dont say persian please.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there any offensive Spritomb set which works? I was thinking of something like NP Spiritomb.

NP tomb kinda sucks, since it loses to everything that switches into it due to its slowness, so its really hard to sweep once you set up. Basically you NP as something like Venu/Houndoom/Arcanine/Moltres come in and ALWAYS have to switch. It p much never works.

Spiritomb@ Spell Tag
    244 HP / 48 Atk / 204 SpA / 12 Spe
    Quiet Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power Fighting
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Pursuit

This is a great set midgame. Bluff a CB and when the sweeper tries to set up on you nail them with boosted attacks.

Shadow Ball + HP Fight decimate near on every tomb switch in and puts ALOT of them in SS range.

Also hilarious to dispose of Mismagius. Pursuit its subs, then it stays in and you can SS for the Ko.

Seriously, this thing gets so many kills its ridiculous.

CroTomb is decent too.

@ Essence

Qwilfish, Gligar, Pinsir, Glalie, Camerupt, Sandslash, Hippopotas (ss), Armaldo...all are good nu leads. Jumpluff too i guess. Persian is pretty decent and is the current #1 lead.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • So I'm making a new UU team (balanced) and I want to use scarf Venu as a revenge killer. The EV spread on Smogon is okay (I'll might drop the HP EVs to speed to outpace Swellow) but why there's a -atk nature when there's attack EVs?

So, the team so far is

SD Absol
    SD Gatr
    (I always wanted to use Tomb, so I'll might go for the set DA posted above)
    Scarf Venu

Now, a good lead who isn't spikes fodder and can set up SR? I was thinking Kabotups (with rindo) . It can also spin. Also is Lanturn any of use?

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • Qwilfish, Gligar, Pinsir, Glalie, Camerupt, Sandslash, Hippopotas (ss), Armaldo...all are good nu leads. Jumpluff too i guess. Persian is pretty decent and is the current #1 lead.

I know persian's the best lead, but I have him as a lead in my current NU team and I want to try a few new things. Out of Gligar, Pinsir, Glalie, camerupt and armaldo, which are the best 1 or 2 in your opinion and what are the movesets? Thanks

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, so...I'm quite fancying Swords Dance Scizor and a lead Empoleon, due to, well, Empoleon being cool, and Choice Band being the only Scizor around wherever I go...meaning I'll have the element of surprise xD.

So, could anybody help me build a team around them?

Obvs I need a Special Sweeper aswell, as I fail at stall. I'll probably use Mixed Dragonite or Mixed Infernape as a wall-breaker. And don't say use Mence. Dragonite gets Superpower.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Ok, so...I'm quite fancying Swords Dance Scizor and a lead Empoleon, due to, well, Empoleon being cool, and Choice Band being the only Scizor around wherever I go...meaning I'll have the element of surprise xD.

So, could anybody help me build a team around them?

Obvs I need a Special Sweeper aswell, as I fail at stall. I'll probably use Mixed Dragonite or Mixed Infernape as a wall-breaker. And don't say use Mence. Dragonite gets Superpower.

We aren't here to build a team around two Pokemon for you. You need to build it yourself, and then we can help out with flaws/weaknesses. But from what you are saying, I guess Mixed Dragonite could fit well =P

Years
  • Hey, If I'm running a swords dance Scizor then does this set look good?

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Technician
    EV's: 252 ATK, 252 Speed (or HP?)
    Moves
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Brick Break
    -Swords Dance

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    Hey, If I'm running a swords dance Scizor then does this set look good?

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Technician
    EV's: 252 ATK, 252 Speed (or HP?)
    Moves
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Brick Break
    -Swords Dance
    im not an expert! but superpower over brick break is favorable. brick break wont ko a heatran without sword dance. superpower will. atleast this was the case when i predicted and brickbreaked a heatran, but it survived.

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    search skarmory moveset on google and read the ones on smogon.

Also, since it's probably for in game, is it gonna be a wall or something else?

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Keen Eye // Impish (+Def, -SpA)
    Moves:
    Brave Bird
    Roost
    Spikes
    Whirlwind

You can also use SR instead of spikes, but I find spikes works better

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I really need to find a good moveset for skarmory on pokemon emerald

For emerald the third gen standard was;

Skarmory@Leftovers
    252 HP / 60 Atk / 184 Def / 12 Spe
    Impish Nature
    Trait : Keen Eye
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Hidden Power Flying / Drill Peck / Steel Wing
    ~ Rest / Substitute
    ~ Whirlwind / Roar

Set up Spikes and keep Roaring physical attackers away once you have 3 layers up basically. 2nd slot is your stab move of choice, the flying moves are more useful overall but Steel Wing does hit Tyranitar. 3rd slow is up to you, Rest lets you heal whilst Substitute stops Magneton going "lol" at you. You need Wish support to heal Skarmore if you do this however.

necroscyth

Grammar Is My Drug
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Moveset for Milotic

Any1 know a good moveset for a sp def sp attk and speed EV'd Milotic?

Back