• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • Any1 know a good moveset for a sp def sp attk and speed EV'd Milotic?

Milotic very rarely needs Sp Def EV investment since it's already very specially bulky.

But it sounds like you want something offensive:

Milotic @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / Life Orb
    Timid
    4 HP / 252 Sp Att / 252 Speed
    - Hydro Pump / Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - HP Grass / HP Electric
    - Hypnosis / Surf / Recover

Offensive Milotic is great in UU, in OU you're better off running something defensive otherwise Starmie totally outclasses it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • thanks..but for 2nd option, one that doesn't lower stats?

I wouldn't worry about lowering the stats too much to be honest. It can't take hits anyway. But Brick Break is good, or if you are good with prediction/have substitute you could try Focus Punch. There is also Superpower which is like a worse Close Combat.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • NP Cacturne is pretty bad, as Cacturne's base 55 speed is disappointing, no special priority moves and its outclassed by NP Houndoom who has a better offensive typing and better speed. But if you still want to use it, use this set:

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Cacturne @ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest / Timid
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 Spe / 4 SpD / 252 SpA
    Moveset:
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Energy Ball / Grass Knot
    ~ Dark Pulse
    ~ Focus Blast

Best used with Sandstorm support.

I still say its an outclassed Houndoom.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    A few noob questions

I'm trying to build a competitive team on HeartGold Version and I just have a few questions.

Do father pokemon have to know a certain move to pass it onto the baby, or do they just need to be the right Pokemon?
    I'm trying to get a Growlithe that knows Morning Sun, will the Espeon that will father it have to know Morning Sun in order for it to get the move?

What are the chances of a Pokemon's nature changing when it evolves?
    I have a Poliwhirl with Water Absorb, is there a chance of it's ability changing to Damp when I evolve it into Poliwrath?

EV training
    Basically all I need to know is what the maximum amount of points I can add to an individual stat is and what the limit for overall stats is as well.

How do shiny Pokemon differ from non-shiny Pokemon?
    I recieved a shiny Eevee from an event recently and I'd like to use it in a team, other than its appearance, how is it different from a regular Eevee?

Thank you very much for reading, any help with any of these questions will be greatly appreciated.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I'm trying to build a competitive team on HeartGold Version and I just have a few questions.

Do father pokemon have to know a certain move to pass it onto the baby, or do they just need to be the right Pokemon?
    I'm trying to get a Growlithe that knows Morning Sun, will the Espeon that will father it have to know Morning Sun in order for it to get the move?

I have a Poliwhirl with Water Absorb, is there a chance of it's ability changing to Damp when I evolve it into Poliwrath?

EV training
    Basically all I need to know is what the maximum amount of points I can add to an individual stat is and what the limit for overall stats is as well.

I recieved a shiny Eevee from an event recently and I'd like to use it in a team, other than its appearance, how is it different from a regular Eevee?

Thank you very much for reading, any help with any of these questions will be greatly appreciated.
    1. They need to know the move.
    2. You mean ability, not nature, and it only changes if the evolution has different abilities. If I breed a Shroomish with Poison Heal it will evolve into a Breloom with Poison Heal. However, a Tyrogue with Inner Focus will evolve into a Hitmonchan with Iron Fist (I think).
    3. The maximum is 255 per stat, but when training you only need 252. Since 4 EVs = +1 to the stat at level 100, you need a number divisible by four, which is 252. The overall maximum is 510, but once you get 508 EVs from training you can put the last two into any stat (though you'll probably end up with something like 252/252/6).
    4. It's just looks.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    What does LO Growth Shaymin-S kill that Specs Shyamin-S does not? I'm trying to decide between the two sets.

I'm trying to build a competitive team on HeartGold Version and I just have a few questions.

EV training

1) The father Pokemon must know the move.

2) In the case your provided, the nature will remain the same upon evolution.

3) The maximum EVs a Pokemon can have total is 510 and the maximum per stat is 255. However, 1 stat point is awarded per every 4 EVs so you only need 252 EVs in a stat to max it out. Also good to know, the Pokerus doubles EV points. The item Macho Brace also doubles EV points when held. "Power" items add 4 EV points in their respective stat irregardless of what Pokemon you knocked out. Also, vitmans add 10 EV points (these are NOT doubled by Pokerus) and the maximum EVs you can get via vitamins is 100.

4) I'm not sure, but I heard shininess is determined by IVs and that shiny Pokemon tend to have better IVs than normal Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • 4) I'm not sure, but I heard shininess is determined by IVs and that shiny Pokemon tend to have better IVs than normal Pokemon.

Only in GSC, I believe, because they had to set shiny-ness based on something that was in the original RBY. In the new games, I'm pretty sure it's completely random and dependant on something completely irrelevant to stats.

Years
  • Bred a Seel with Smeargle in my HeartGold. The result?

Seel (M/F + Hydration/Fat), Lv.1
    - Perish Song
    - Stockpile
    - Hail (LOL (?); LOL is not yet an attack, sadly)
    - Rain Dance

How would I finish a Dewgong build around:

Dewgong ~ "Ability + Nature + EV spread + Hold Item"
    -Stockpile
    -Perish Song
    -?
    -?

It going to be Rest plus one attack? :o

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Uhhh Lapras is better lol

Just use a Block/Perish Song/Protect/<Attack move> set or something lol

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
  • Moveset for Dusknoir

In one of my newest teams, I decided I wanted to add a Dusknoir to it, but I'm not entirely sure what nature and what moves I should teach it. Any advice? I plan on using Dusknoir defensively.

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    google search dusknoir moveset and go to smogon. They have like 5.

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • Dusknoir OU Tank
    Pressure @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EV: 252 Hp, 28 SpD, 228 Def
    Moves:
    Will-O-Wisp
    Pain Split
    Confuse Ray
    Substitute

Got the basic idea from Smogon, but I don't like tanks having to attack. Burn, Confuse ray and Pain Split will do enough damage for sure =)

Back