• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Um,I dunno if this is the correct place for this thing, but still,
    I usually play HG on DS.I started Platinum on my PC(desktop) a few days back,just 2 check out,but I can't get my fc,even aftr gettin the palpad-it only says "log on to nintendo wfc".AND THERE's NOTHIN THERE!!
    So, does that mean I can't wifi/shoddy battle if it's frm pc????
    PLZ reply in detail.

And for god's sake, don't say

"Buy a platinum cart-it costs...blah blah..."

shoddy battle doesn't use friend codes or even wifi anyway lol

And no you cant go on wifi from a ROM unless you do something, which i forgot and idk how to do it. Google "wifi on a ROM" and it should come up.

TheSage

Newbi
    Years
    Is EV training at Lvl 100 in SS possible ?

I recently just found about EV training (I know, im a Newbie and proud =P). Anyway, 5 of my team members are already at level 100 and I was wondering if there was anyway for me to still EV train them.

I did some research into it and I've heard about the 'Box Trick' but they have all been on Diamond and Pearl. Is there anyway to do it in Soul Silver ?

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Is there a page that will list everything that is illegal? I was gonna have a Belly Drum + Mach Punch Magmortar but then I was told that was illegal, I wouldn't like to make this mistake again so could anyone give me a link to what moves are illegal on certain Pokemon and what Pokemon are banned please?

Also, where do these rules apply? I'm trying to build a team for the Pokemon video game championships next year, I've seen videos of the battles that took place this year and people were using the likes of Girantia, Palika ect. This confused me because I've read they're banned.

I'm not saying I'm never gonna battle online or anything, but what I want to build a team for first is that tournament, especially seeing as this year I turned up an hour before I was told registration would begin and I (And hundreds of other people) were told we couldn't compete because they'd been registering people since 9AM

*Shakes fist at lying organisers*

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
    wow :s I didn't know that thing about Belly Machmortar!

I'm planning a Rain Dance NU team and I want lumineon to be a physical sweeper with max EVs in speed and attack, swift swim and that.
    I was thinking about Rain Dance, U-Turn (for scouting), Waterfall and... don't know :s

There's not much it can learn... I was thinking about Secret Power, Return or Toxic.
    What do you think?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    wow :s I didn't know that thing about Belly Machmortar!

I'm planning a Rain Dance NU team and I want lumineon to be a physical sweeper with max EVs in speed and attack, swift swim and that.
    I was thinking about Rain Dance, U-Turn (for scouting), Waterfall and... don't know :s

There's not much it can learn... I was thinking about Secret Power, Return or Toxic.
    What do you think?

I have a better idea, "dont use Lumineon if you like winning" lol -.-

Really there are so many better options, Qwilfish, Floatzel, Gorebyss, Relicanth, Seaking, heck even Huntail and Mantine outclass it as Swift Swim sweepers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2012
    Crawdaunt Wifi Strategy

Hi I would like to know if this is a good move set for competitive crawdaunt i didnt look on smogon or anything.Anyways its a bulky crawdaunt.

Crawdaunt@leftovers
    Ev Spread:252 Hp 252 Def 4 spe
    Nature: Impish
    Moveset:Protect,waterfall,Dragon dance/substitute,superpower

Final Stats are 330 Hp, 227 Atk, 295 Def 194 SpA SpD 146 SpE 146

My reasoning with this is to protect for leftovers and to make it bulky enought to possibly get a mid game sweep. i say substitute is more of a defensive option while DD covers for this pokemons low speed and somewhat low attack. Yes it Can DD as an HG/SS exclusive egg move. Give me your thoughts and rate 1-5 plz. Thanks Bye!

Sorry i Meant to say protect please ignore

Last edited:

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    if you trade them to a hacker, they can reset their level to 1 or whatever & clear unwanted EVS for a fresh start......that's the only way i know

Honus

exploding with sloppy murders
    Years
    The box trick still works in HGSS (as far as I know but I've only used it once or twice). However, if your Pokemon are already Level 100, chances are they've used up their maximum of 510 EV's unless you Rare Candy'd them. If they are maxed, you can try looking into EV reducing berries like Pomeg and Kelpsy berries (you might want to look this up a bit more) so you can re-train your Pokemon.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Is there a page that will list everything that is illegal?...
    Correct me if I'm wrong but illegal movesets are usually illegal because the moveset isn't possible.

For example: Magby can only learn belly drum as a egg move from hariyama, but hariyama can't learn mach punch so the hariyama can't pass on both moves meaning that magmortar can't have both moves. So the moveset is illegal because you can't have two fathers to your pokemon. (Call the pokemon version of Jerry springer)

So I mean if you breed your own pokemon you will know that those movesets are impossible/illegal.
    However if you get your movesets through trade threads I'd recommend checking the movesets on serebii or something

Also correct if wrong but the only pokemon that can use priority move+belly drum are linoone and smeargle

Hey does this moveset work as a physical sweeper stopper?

Alakazam
    ability Synchronize
    timid
    252 speed/252 sp. att
    Item burn orb

protect
    Trick/signal beam
    Focus blast
    psychic

the three attacking moves provides perfect coverage. and protect+sychronize burn means that the swords dance lucario (example of a physical sweeper) can't OHKO you and at least stopped for now by the burn.

Last edited:

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    If this is for battle tower(AI battles), you could put a leftovers on this and get in like 3 or 4 DDs in and sweep their team into oblivion. Also, crawdaunt has access to swords dance, which may or may not be better than DD.

For living opponents, this might not work cause they could taunt you.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Well i mean this is how it will work on a real life opponent

Crawdaunt gets owned by a special attack, its not bulky enough to take a t-bolt from a pikachu.
    There are better pokemon, like lapras, that have access to DD and are NU.

Lapras
    Leftovers / Life Orb
    Water Absorb
    Adamant
    Moveset
    EVs 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Return / Zen Headbutt
    ~ Substitute / Ice Beam / Ice Shard

This is a good pokemon.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Lapras is weak to SR and has a plethora of other weaknesses. Whiscash is actually a better DDer than either of them since it gets near perfect coverage with Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Earthquake / Stone Edge or Bounce. It also has arguably better typing than the previously mentioned pokemon.

Crawdaunt@leftovers
    Ev Spread:252 Hp 252 Def 4 spe
    Nature: Impish
    Moveset:Protect,waterfall,Dragon dance/substitute,superpower

Crawdaunt has base 30 (35?) Speed, so it won't be outspeeding a lot of important things with no speed investment. It just doesn't have the typing or stats to run a defensive spread.

tl;dr: use Whiscash instead.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    my emerald swampert.

Adamant nature

200 attack evs
    120 defence evs
    120 sp defence evs
    115 hp evs

waterfall
    earthquake
    brick break
    ice punch (battle frontier tutor)

What do you think about it?

im usualy pretty lazy with ev training so if you want you can give me a better one (oh and this is only for the hoenn region, i have no intention on migrating it or anything)

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    You have 555 EVs, which is too many unless hoenn is different than Gen IV.
    If that is for in game, it has good coverage.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Correct me if I'm wrong but illegal movesets are usually illegal because the moveset isn't possible.

For example: Magby can only learn belly drum as a egg move from hariyama, but hariyama can't learn mach punch so the hariyama can't pass on both moves meaning that magmortar can't have both moves. So the moveset is illegal because you can't have two fathers to your pokemon. (Call the pokemon version of Jerry springer)

So I mean if you breed your own pokemon you will know that those movesets are impossible/illegal.
    However if you get your movesets through trade threads I'd recommend checking the movesets on serebii or something

Also correct if wrong but the only pokemon that can use priority move+belly drum are linoone and smeargle

Hey does this moveset work as a physical sweeper stopper?

Alakazam
    ability Synchronize
    timid
    252 speed/252 sp. att
    Item burn orb

protect
    Trick/signal beam
    Focus blast
    psychic

the three attacking moves provides perfect coverage. and protect+sychronize burn means that the swords dance lucario (example of a physical sweeper) can't OHKO you and at least stopped for now by the burn.

Self inflict status doesn't work on synchronize, you'd have to trick it first before the status inflicts on you :T you'd also have to come in on lucario to revenge kill it, i don't why bother wasting a turn to burn it when you can just outright go for the kill with STAB psychic :T

what should i use lickylicky for a wall or ???? and what should be the move set

Lickilicky shouldn't be used for a wall IMO there are better pokemon in NU that can be used as a wall but try the counter set at the least, play it right and you can KO at least one pokemon

252hp/252def/4atk
    impish

counter
    body slam
    Wish
    Explosion/Protect

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Since this probably isn't for competitive, you're probably want to post here next time. Anyway, I have used Swampert to great success in the Emerald Frontier in various facilities. That Swampert definitely is inefficient though. Ice Beam is always superior to Ice Punch--the power difference is really noticeable. Ice Beam is necessary for KOing Dragon-types and slow Grass-types. Similarly, Waterfall is inferior to Surf in every situation except for a double battle I guess? Just use Surf though, simple. Lastly, Brick Break isn't adding anything to Swampert's moveset outside of breaking the rare Reflect/Light Screen. With STAB, Earthquake already has the damage output to make Brick Break not worth it, even against Normal-types.

The last moveslot can be tackled in various ways. There are definitely problem Pokemon for Swampert like Gyarados, Ludicolo, and really anything with a strong Grass move that is faster and/or capable of surviving Ice Beam. Double Team Venusaur, Sceptile, amd Meganium are definitely annoying in that regard. Gyarados is the Pokemon that poses the greatest offensive threat, so the Rock Slide tutor is definitely an option. It also gives you more PP to use against Zapdos (Pressure sucks) while destroying Articuno. Counter and Mirror Coat both have their uses, though I've never really found myself in a position where I was upset that I didn't have Counter. Rest is an option if you don't have a ChestoRest user on your team. My recommendation is Rock Slide but a lot can work.

Lastly, the EVs either need to focus on offense or defense. Swampert's great walling ability comes primarily from its typing, and it really does need a good chunk of EVs to wall things. However, I always preferred using an offensive EV spread to try to get more kills. I used this:

A Berry or Leftovers is the item of choice always.

Swampert @ Chesto Berry (use a Lum Berry if nothing else needs it)
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 96 HP / 200 Atk / 212 SAtk
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Endeavor (I was just lazy and didn't bother changing the move--use Rock Slide or Mirror Coat, as I said earlier)

The EVs are somewhat arbitrary but 259 SAtk really is superior to 206. The power it has is incredible. The defensive stats are 365 HP/216 Def/216 SDef, which was always plenty for me. Also, Swampert still outspeeds Donphan and Vileplume, even with a Brave Nature and no Speed EVs, lol. Either way, adjust them as you'd like, but the more Special Attack, the better. If you can't RNG breed for perfect IVs, losing the Attack is probably the best way to go--the SAtk is really important!

If it's just for the Elite Four, then your current build is fine. You really should still replace Waterfall with Surf though.

Back