• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
On a more serious note, I love my Cresselia but it's current set sucks I wonder which of these two sets I should use instead under the conditions that it must have Lunar Dance to give some Pokemon a second go:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Defense/4 Speed
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-HP Fighthing (68 BP)
-Lunar Dance

or

Cresselia @ Light Clay
Bold nature
EVs: 252 HP/148 Defense/40 Sp Defense/68 Speed
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Thunder Wave
-Lunar Dance

CM Cress loses to the metagame imo, so don't use it. Dual Screen Lunar Dance sets can help bring in a set up sweeper that can safely set up with protection from Dual Screens or gain all of its health back and gain a reset in its sweep turns from Lunar Dance. I would go with the bottom set, but it is Taunt weak, so I would put T-Wave somewhere else on your team and put maybe Ice Beam to help stop dragons/Taunt Gliscor as an attacking move instead.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Crobat @ Choice Band
Jolly nature
EVs: 6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
-Fly / Brave Bird
-U Turn
-Cross Poison
-Roost
Why would you give Crobat Roost when it is holding a Choice Band? Being locked into using Roost makes it set up fodder for anything. Pursuit would be a much better option as Crobat can revenge kill threats such as Gengar, Latias, etc.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
FreakyLocz, I'm going to ask for you to stop posting in S&M for a while. You are constantly posting terrible sets, flawed logic and other items that may mislead others. Next post of your's I see that doesn't meet the forum standards will warrant an infraction. You can post looking for help but stop trying to help others.

I can teach you if you want :P.

No. You're not teaching anyone. Lyrics if you want help come on the PC server and we can help you on there.

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
Years
Help Me On My Movesets!

I need a help building up movesets for pokemon:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Impish
Intimidate
Ev spread????
~Taunt
~Thunder Wave
~Dragon Dance
~Water Fall
This Gyara is a defensive one that can be used as a lead. Impish nature gives it the amazing bulk to survive more attakcs! I would like a good bulky, yet fast ev spread for this guy so that he can out speed more pokemon. Taunt rids Support leads that dare set up except for a few: Roserade, Infernape, Aerodactyl, and Weavile. Roserade is probably the only problem as Gyara can scare away Infernape, take one Rock Slide/ Stone Edge from Aerodactyl, and can take any hit by Weavile. T-Wave is to slow fast pokemon down and probably scare it away. D-Dance is to power up water fall and have that small chance of flinch.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2010
Trainer in need of a little team help

Hi I'm new to competitive pokemon battling. And I have built a few teams before and they have not been all that great. But my friends and I are having a team building / battle competition and I really want to win at least once with this idea I have.

This Idea I Have is the Ultimate Girl Team, were the pokemon that I use are really feminine Ex. Miltolic, lopunny, wigglytuff, etc.

So Far My first two Ideas are:

Roserade
Timid
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Sleep Powder
Toxic Spikes
Leaf Storm
Synthesis

Blissey
Calm
Natural Cure
-
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam

I have a lack of good ideas after these two so any helpful suggestions how to improve these two and what i should add that fits with the ultimate girl theme are appreciated

Thanks for reading this.

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2010
im getting bored of OU pokes.so im starting to make a team of UU/NU/BL pokemon. first though i will need help on some of them:

wigglytuff @ leftovers
calm:252 hp,252 sp.def,6spd
thunder wave
light screen
wish drain punch

sandslash @ leftovers
impish:252hp,252def,6atk
swords dance
counter
earthquake
shadow claw

if i get answers for these two, then ill add more requests soon. thanks for your help guys:)

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
im getting bored of OU pokes.so im starting to make a team of UU/NU/BL pokemon. first though i will need help on some of them:

wigglytuff @ leftovers
Impish
32 HP / 224 Def / 252 SpD

thunder wave / Stealth Rock
light screen / Reflect
wish
Seismic Toss

Wigglytuff is kind of lol tbh, there are better options out there for support pokemon.

sandslash @ leftovers
Adamant
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
swords dance
Stone Edge
earthquake
shadow claw / X-Scissor

Ok.

if i get answers for these two, then ill add more requests soon. thanks for your help guys:)

Changes in bold, good luck with the team. ^__^

Years
RMT please

Okay I think this is a pretty good team, but i have my doubts about some pokes. I was wondering how i could improve my team any.

Aerodactyl
Jolly Nature
Hp-182
Atk-185
Def-87
Sp.Atk-84
Sp.Def-103
Speed-238
Ability- Pressure
Rock Slide, Earthquake, Taunt, Stealth Rock

Absol
Adamant Nature
Hp-272
Atk-394
Def-156
Sp.Atk-167
Sp.Def-156
Speed-249
Ability- Pressure
X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Psycho Cut, Night Slash

Heracross
Adamant Nature
Hp-297
Atk-380
Def-156
Sp.Atk-101
Sp.Def-223
Speed-259
Ability- Guts
Toxic, Stone Edge, Megahorn, Close Combat

Starmie
Timid Nature
Hp-275
Atk-140
Def-240
Sp.Atk-222
Sp.Def-204
Speed-345
Ability- Natural Cure
Rapid Spin, Recover, Thunderbolt, Surf

Gyarados
Adamant Nature
Hp-300
Atk-380
Def-178
Sp.Atk-120
Sp.Def-208
Speed-230
Ability- Intimidate
Stone Edge, Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Earthquake

Scizor
Adamant Nature
Hp-310
Atk-363
Def-191
Sp.Atk-136
Sp.Def-126
Speed-208
Ability- Technician
Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Brick Break

Any suggestions?? Should i switch any of this out for a heatran???

Blizzard Master

NU/BL/UU Trainer!
Years
Flying Squad

Hello! I'm trying to build a fun mono team but that can also handle its own competitively. Instead of using random flying types, I rendered my team to bird looking pokemon only. All suggestions are welcome and will be appreciated.

Altaria - Purity
334.png

Item: Life Orb
Nature: Careful (+Sp.Def/-Sp.ATk)
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Roost
-Earthquake

Noctowl - Hooty
164-3.png

Item: Leftover
Nature: Calm (+Sp.DEf/-ATK)
-Hypnosis
-Reflect
-Roost
-Air Slash

Skarmory - Armoria
227_skarmory_2_m.png

Nature: Impish (+DEF/-Sp.ATK)
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Curse
-Payback

Xatu - Geruda
178-3.png

Nature: Timid (+Speed/-ATK)
-Psychic
-Wish
-Thunderwave
-Shadow Ball

Chatot - Perry
441_chatot_1_m.png

Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Timid (+Speed/-ATk)
-Nasty Plot
-Chatter
-Hyper Voice
-Heat Wave

Staraptor - Aquila
398.png

Item: Salac Berry
Nature: Adamant (+ATK/-Sp.ATK)
-Close Combat
-Brave Bird
-U Turn
-Quick Attack

Other Considerations:
pidgeot.png
279.png
277.png

I tried to cover up their weakness but I think they'll have a hard time switching in. I'm not interested in using the Legendary Birds either, sorry. Please let me know what you think and thank you ^^

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Hi I'm new to competitive pokemon battling. And I have built a few teams before and they have not been all that great. But my friends and I are having a team building / battle competition and I really want to win at least once with this idea I have.

This Idea I Have is the Ultimate Girl Team, were the pokemon that I use are really feminine Ex. Miltolic, lopunny, wigglytuff, etc.

So Far My first two Ideas are:

Roserade
Timid
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Sleep Powder
Toxic Spikes
Leaf Storm
Synthesis

Blissey
Calm
Natural Cure
-
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam

I have a lack of good ideas after these two so any helpful suggestions how to improve these two and what i should add that fits with the ultimate girl theme are appreciated

Thanks for reading this.

Okay I think this is a pretty good team, but i have my doubts about some pokes. I was wondering how i could improve my team any.

Aerodactyl
Jolly Nature
Hp-182
Atk-185
Def-87
Sp.Atk-84
Sp.Def-103
Speed-238
Ability- Pressure
Rock Slide, Earthquake, Taunt, Stealth Rock

Absol
Adamant Nature
Hp-272
Atk-394
Def-156
Sp.Atk-167
Sp.Def-156
Speed-249
Ability- Pressure
X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Psycho Cut, Night Slash

Heracross
Adamant Nature
Hp-297
Atk-380
Def-156
Sp.Atk-101
Sp.Def-223
Speed-259
Ability- Guts
Toxic, Stone Edge, Megahorn, Close Combat

Starmie
Timid Nature
Hp-275
Atk-140
Def-240
Sp.Atk-222
Sp.Def-204
Speed-345
Ability- Natural Cure
Rapid Spin, Recover, Thunderbolt, Surf

Gyarados
Adamant Nature
Hp-300
Atk-380
Def-178
Sp.Atk-120
Sp.Def-208
Speed-230
Ability- Intimidate
Stone Edge, Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Earthquake

Scizor
Adamant Nature
Hp-310
Atk-363
Def-191
Sp.Atk-136
Sp.Def-126
Speed-208
Ability- Technician
Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Brick Break

Any suggestions?? Should i switch any of this out for a heatran???

Hello! I'm trying to build a fun mono team but that can also handle its own competitively. Instead of using random flying types, I rendered my team to bird looking pokemon only. All suggestions are welcome and will be appreciated.

Altaria - Purity
334.png

Item: Life Orb
Nature: Careful (+Sp.Def/-Sp.ATk)
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Roost
-Earthquake

Noctowl - Hooty
164-3.png

Nature: Calm (+Sp.DEf/-ATK)
-Hypnosis
-Reflect
-Roost
-Air Slash

Skarmory - Armoria
227_skarmory_2_m.png

Nature: Impish (+DEF/-Sp.ATK)
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Curse
-Payback

Xatu - Geruda
178-3.png

Nature: Timid (+Speed/-ATK)
-Psychic
-Wish
-Thunderwave
-Shadow Ball

Chatot - Perry
441_chatot_1_m.png

Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Timid (+Speed/-ATk)
-Nasty Plot
-Chatter
-Hyper Voice
-Heat Wave

Staraptor - Aquila
398.png

Item: Salac Berry
Nature: Adamant (+ATK/-Sp.ATK)
-Close Combat
-Brave Bird
-U Turn
-Quick Attack

Other Considerations:
pidgeot.png
279.png
277.png

I tried to cover up their weakness but I think they'll have a hard time switching in. I'm not interested in using the Legendary Birds either, sorry. Please let me know what you think and thank you ^^

The three of your RMTs were rejected due to not quite meeting our forum's standards. I merged them with this thread instead because they still had some semblance of a team that could still get help. If you'd like your own thread, please read our forum's rules and post your thread with the changes. :D

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2010
thanks alot,greatly appreciated. remember i said if i get help ill post more? well, here i came up with a defencive pusedopasser smeargle,(but im not sure if the moveset i have come up with is illegal)here it is:
smeargle @ leftovers
calm: 252 sp.def, 176 def,80 hp
toxic
will-o-wisp
spore
hyper voice

help is greatly needed here,thanks guys:)

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
Years
thanks alot,greatly appreciated. remember i said if i get help ill post more? well, here i came up with a defencive pusedopasser smeargle,(but im not sure if the moveset i have come up with is illegal)here it is:
smeargle @ leftovers
calm: 252 sp.def, 176 def,80 hp
toxic
will-o-wisp
spore
hyper voice

help is greatly needed here,thanks guys:)

smeargle needs all the speed you he can get, so a +speed nature is needed so get a jolly one. on another note, the lil painter can't take a hit for the life of it, so all other EVs can go in HP usually, you can split a little towards def, but usually, it gets OHKOd by anything either way.

WoW
Spore
Baton Pass
Taunt/SR/Spikes

Spore and BP are pretty much mandatory on smeargle, WoW for phys atks.

usually though, for status abuse, i'd go with the rotom-a, faster, better stats for def purposes and more resistances.

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2010
ok then thanks alot. i knew it was a crappy poke,but i thought if it can use a wide array of moves,why not abuse it:D?

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
Years
Always run a focus sash on your Smeargle, unless of course, you're running a salac berry, but that's just for the seldom useful belly drum gimmick Smeargle.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
As far as competative battling goes, is there ever a good use for Wise Glasses or Muscle Band? Or is the generally preferred option a Life Orb/<Name> berry for sweepers bey they special or physical, respectively?

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
As far as competative battling goes, is there ever a good use for Wise Glasses or Muscle Band? Or is the generally preferred option a Life Orb/<Name> berry for sweepers bey they special or physical, respectively?

Life Orb is almost always the superior option, or a Choice item, depending on the set of course. The extra power is usually needed in today's metagame :D

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Life Orb is almost always the superior option, or a Choice item, depending on the set of course. The extra power is usually needed in today's metagame :D

K. Thanks. What about the Expert Belt? or is that an inferior Life Orb/Choice item as well?

Back