• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • firstly, OHKO moves are banned. unless your using that smeargle in double battles, your gonna scrap dark void, spore is the move you want. all smeargle does is baton pass, unless you wanna forgo an attacking set. i know im going to get raided for even mentioning this D:

spore
    belly drum
    extreme speed
    crunch

most steels in OU are part psychic, so crunch is neutral. im sure a +6 STAB extreme speed is bound to KO something that isn't naturally bulky

just go with gyara/salamence/scizor if you wanna sweep things.

Bolded parts kind of give away how bad of an idea it is to use let alone mention an attacking set for Smeargle. Totally inferior to like everything. It's a fine BPer on a BP team and its infamous lead set works okay too.

For future reference, forgo does not mean that you use something. It means that you wouldn't use something. I actually got confused for a few seconds lol. Though this might be because I'm posting at 5 AM and/or I misread your post...

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • *sigh*

yea, just going with the last bit that i posted, i was really hyper and wasn't able to sleep. why attack with a smeargle, i don't know.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Decided on using Charizard on my GSC team. It's Flying so it's immune to Spikes and it sweeps with Belly Drum. This is the gen when BellyZard was actually useful.

What's a good set? I'm thinking EQ and Fire Blast need to be there.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Please make sure you can remove its counters though or Starmie, Raikou, Suicune etc will crap all over you lol.

Id prolly think of ways to lure its counters up there however.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I've been working on a team built around a offensive combo of Bulky DD Gyara(DD/Waterfall/Taunt/Bounce) and SD Luke(SD/CC/ES/SE). I've been trying to find some good teammates for this offensive combination. So far, Life Orb Heatran with HP Ice is working well for the team, but I still face major problems with Swampert, Salamence, and Scarfed Magnezone. Any suggestions?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been working on a team built around a offensive combo of Bulky DD Gyara(DD/Waterfall/Taunt/Bounce) and SD Luke(SD/CC/ES/SE). I've been trying to find some good teammates for this offensive combination. So far, Life Orb Heatran with HP Ice is working well for the team, but I still face major problems with Swampert, Salamence, and Scarfed Magnezone. Any suggestions?

Dont use HP Ice on LO Tran, its really not needed. Use HP Grass, since LO Fire Blast already does 51.7% - 60.7% to Salamence/Flygon whilst HP Grass owns Cune and Vappy (<Major Road blocks for Gyara) and also Pert, that or use Dragon Pulse to get more power on Latias.

Use Crunch on Lucario or defensive Rotom poops all over this "combo" as you wont be luring it.

Scizor is a good team mate as always wearing on similar counters (Rotom, Zapdos etc) and also keeping Mence in check.

Jolteon is a pretty good team mate too pooping all over Zone with its great sp.def and Specs T-Bolt does like 48% to Zone. Also benefits from the removal of blissey thanks to LO Tran removing it.

Years
  • New To Competitive Teams

So, I've beat my version of Platinum after a long break from Pokemon and I would love to get into the competitive battling of Pokemon. I've always been a competitive gamer when it came to PS2, 360, etc. so why not DS?

So to start off, can you guys help me with the general terms?

-I've seen OU and UU alot, OU tier Pokemon, etc.

Strats? Approaching competitive battling? Training?

-I know the term EV but I don't fully understand how it works, as well as what IVs are?

Any tips on how to get started, the basic used/underused Pokemon, etc. would be very helpful.

I'm new to this but would love to learn and become a good battler :)

Years
  • O.K, so I'm planning on making a team out of these Pokemon:

1. Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Skuntank)

2.Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Sharpedo)

3.Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Houndoom)

4.Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Cacturne)

(Honchkrow)

6.Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Weavile)

As you can see, all my Pokemon are part Dark type, to show some sort of similarity between my team. I tried to stay away from powerhouses like Shiftrys and Spiritomb because I want my team o give the other a sporting chance.

But also, all my pokemon have TWO types, each having a different one. So that way, I can use a variety of moves.

But this is where I need help.

I'm stupid when it comes to movesets and E.V points for each Pokemon.

So know that you know the main idea for my team, could someone please help me create a moveset and E.V expectations for each pokemon, please and thank you.

I would just like to add I will not be "taking out" any of these Pokemon because i know these are the Pokemon I want to use.

:)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    "Nice scarf Machop weakness you have there"

Really though, 3 of your team is Stealth Rock weak, your entire team gets flattened by anything fighting type which is faster than Honchkrow (read : alot, i.e Lucario), lacks resistances and you are severely limiting yourself by not letting yourself replace honestly outclassed pokemon and the day Shiftry and Spiritomb are "powerhouses" is the day i take up competitive Soup eating.

"To give the other team a chance" is the wrong attitude all together, you play competitive pokemon to WIN. Period.

Sorry to seem harsh but its the truth. :/

So, I've beat my version of Platinum after a long break from Pokemon and I would love to get into the competitive battling of Pokemon. I've always been a competitive gamer when it came to PS2, 360, etc. so why not DS?

So to start off, can you guys help me with the general terms?

-I've seen OU and UU alot, OU tier Pokemon, etc.

Strats? Approaching competitive battling? Training?

-I know the term EV but I don't fully understand how it works, as well as what IVs are?

Any tips on how to get started, the basic used/underused Pokemon, etc. would be very helpful.

I'm new to this but would love to learn and become a good battler :)

https://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon <--Intro to competitive pokemon.

https://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml <--Iv's

https://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml <--Ev's

https://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/ <--Tiers.

Ubers : - Ban List from standard play, faux tier. People still play this however. THE most powerful/broken pokemon reside here.

OU (Overused) : - Standard paly, most people play this tier. The best non banned pokemon reside here.

BL (Borderline): - UU Ban list and faux tier no one plays this as the tier is too small and it. Good pokemon, generally arent much weaker if at all than OU pokemon.

UU (Underused) : - Underused pokemon, pokemon who arent used much. People still play this also.

NU (Never used) : - Garbage pokemon who arent used at all. Currently doesnt have a metagame either.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5320384 <--Complied Guides, for things like standard clauses, team building etc.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    O.K, so I'm planning on making a team out of these Pokemon:

1. Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Skuntank)

2.Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Sharpedo)

3.Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Houndoom)

4.Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Cacturne)

(Honchkrow)

6.Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions(Weavile)

As you can see, all my Pokemon are part Dark type, to show some sort of similarity between my team. I tried to stay away from powerhouses like Shiftrys and Spiritomb because I want my team o give the other a sporting chance.

But also, all my pokemon have TWO types, each having a different one. So that way, I can use a variety of moves.

But this is where I need help.

I'm stupid when it comes to movesets and E.V points for each Pokemon.

So know that you know the main idea for my team, could someone please help me create a moveset and E.V expectations for each pokemon, please and thank you.

I would just like to add I will not be "taking out" any of these Pokemon because i know these are the Pokemon I want to use.

:)

Mono teams are hard to make work. But since you insist on Dark-mono why not ditch the UU/NU Pokemon for OU's like Tyranitar. (I'm assuming this is OU because of the Weavile)

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Hi I'm looking for a moveset for a Crobat.
    I want the moveset to include, Fly.

unless your using this crobat in-game, fly is going to be completely useless (i.e. protect bait, switches, set up, etc.) and is inferior to the amount of damage that Brave Bird will do.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I plan on using Fly.
    I want a move set built around it.

There are no viable competitive movesets for Crobat that feature Fly on it. As revelp8 said, Brave Bird is superior in every way as a flying STAB. I suppose if you are dead set on using it, then no one can stop you, but posting in this thread asking for a moveset that someone simply cannot give you is silly.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Crobat @ Choice Band
    Jolly nature
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
    -Fly / Brave Bird
    -U Turn
    -Cross Poison
    -Pursuit

Here's your set I SERIOUSLY reccomend swapping Fly for Brave Bird but if you insist on using Fly there you go.

On a more serious note, I love my Cresselia but it's current set sucks I wonder which of these two sets I should use instead under the conditions that it must have Lunar Dance to give some Pokemon a second go:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Bold nature
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Defense/4 Speed
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -HP Fighthing (68 BP)
    -Lunar Dance

or

Cresselia @ Light Clay
    Bold nature
    EVs: 252 HP/148 Defense/40 Sp Defense/68 Speed
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Thunder Wave
    -Lunar Dance

Last edited:
    Years
  • [Request] Metagame Teacher

Well, I don't know if this is the section where i shall put this but if it is isn't i'm sorry, and I also ask to the moderators to don't close this thread untill I fin a teacher. Well, I would like to ask to any experienced member in metagame if it could give me metagaming classes. I'm really noob in metagame, and I really would like to learn, and be a good metagamer.

If there is anyone interest in teaching me, post in this thread or send me a PM.

Regards,
    Lyrics

Back