• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
Metagross seems like a good choice since I can use him late on. Thanks for the help!
Does anyone know of a good cleric? I'd use Blissey, but I really don't like it that much. I just need a Pokemon that will be able to heal all my other Pokemon and remove any status conditions along with doing some damage.

Last edited:
Years
Not sure where the old moveset thread went.

Can I get moveset, nature and EV's for:

~Fake Out & Aqua Jet Blastoise
~Heal Bell & Close Combat (same moveset) Granbull (may be a waste, but I'm curious)

Can anyone recommend a Pokemon capable of setting up a mid-game SR and Sandstorm that isn't named Claydol?

Hippowdon
Stockpile, Slack Off, Stealth Rock, Roar. Toxic can work in place of SR.

Smeargle gives the Stockpile and Slack Off to hippo babies. Have one Sketch from your partner as it enjoys a couple Versus Seeker double battles.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
How does this Gallade set sound?

Gallade @ Life Orb / Big Root / Leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Moves:
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Night Slash / Shadow Sneak
-Any elemental Punch / Stone Edge / Psycho Cut / T-Wave / Will-O-Wisp

Gee, talk about Four Move Syndrome, eh!

Justin T

Hydro Action
Years
I'm going for a mixed dialga and wanted to know which nature is the most effective: quiet, hasty, or mild. I'm thinking mild because dialga keeps speed and power.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
I'm using a D-Dance mixed Tyranitar. His job is to take down speedy threats that could otherwise rip through my team like CS Heatran and Jirachi, or Scizor with Bullet Punch or Lucario with Vacuum Wave. I just can't decide what his item should be. Definitely either a Chople or Babiri berry, but I'm just not sure which one. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I know that normally he'd probably be taken down the turn after he gets DD up, but I have ways to make sure that he remains invulnerable while he gets it up so that the berry only comes into play when he can actually do some damage. Thanks for the help.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
How does this Gallade set sound?

Gallade @ Life Orb / Big Root / Leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Moves:
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Night Slash / Shadow Sneak
-Any elemental Punch / Stone Edge / Psycho Cut / T-Wave / Will-O-Wisp

Gee, talk about Four Move Syndrome, eh!

I've been running 252 HP / 152 Attack / 104 Speed and it's been working pretty well, Lets you outspeed Adamant T-Tar and Breloom, but nothing wrong with maxing attack either =]

Brick Break is also an option > Drain Punch for a little extra power, and don't forget Psycho Cut for his secondary STAB.

I'm going for a mixed dialga and wanted to know which nature is the most effective: quiet, hasty, or mild. I'm thinking mild because dialga keeps speed and power.

It depends on what you want. Quiet won't lower his good defenses so you can take hits a bit better, Mild focuses more on attacking power, and hasty helps his speed a bit. Choose whichever is most beneficial to your team.

I'm using a D-Dance mixed Tyranitar. His job is to take down speedy threats that could otherwise rip through my team like CS Heatran and Jirachi, or Scizor with Bullet Punch or Lucario with Vacuum Wave. I just can't decide what his item should be. Definitely either a Chople or Babiri berry, but I'm just not sure which one. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I know that normally he'd probably be taken down the turn after he gets DD up, but I have ways to make sure that he remains invulnerable while he gets it up so that the berry only comes into play when he can actually do some damage. Thanks for the help.

Life Orb would probably be the best bet so you can maximize his damage output, or Expert Belt if you don't like the recoil. Since he's running a mixed set, he needs to take advantage of his type coverage to take care of his common counters like Skarm or Hippowdon. Of course, Babiri Berry is definitely an option, on any form of DD T-Tar, but it's up to you if you want the extra insurance against Scizor.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
Thanks Aura. I looked over my team a little bit and decided that he'd be better off with a Life Orb. If he does end up dying too quickly, I can always change it later.

Jukain-Arashi

Years
What's a good nature for this Torterra?
~ Wood Hammer
~ Earthquake
~ Leech Seed
~ Stealth Rock
212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe

I've tried getting an Impish Turtwig but it seems impossible, is there another nature that will work fine with this set?

I also need a moveset for a Lead Roserade that I'll be using in a Grass Gym for the SoC League.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
What's a good nature for this Torterra?
~ Wood Hammer
~ Earthquake
~ Leech Seed
~ Stealth Rock
212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe

I've tried getting an Impish Turtwig but it seems impossible, is there another nature that will work fine with this set?
Relaxed is your only option, but you lose to Swampert who will OHKO you with Ice Beam. :[ If you do use Relaxed, use the average 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def.

I also need a moveset for a Lead Roserade that I'll be using in a Grass Gym for the SoC League.
Spr_4p_407_m.png
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+ Spe / - Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ground / Stun Spore

EVs are standard so you can at least speed tie with other Roserade. Stun Spore is an option if you can't get the HP type since this is for Wi-Fi.

Jukain-Arashi

Years
Thanks! What's a good moveset for a Leafeon? I'm not sure if it's a good sweeper or not. But I'd like to use it for the gym as well, since I'll never get it in my Pokedex unless I actually use it for something. The remainder of my teams consists of Ludicolo, Sceptile (already EV'd), Torterra, and Cradily. I need sets for these as well. Just PM them to me since I don't want people knowing my strategy for the gym.

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
I have a Clefable with Magic Guard and holding a Toxic Orb.
Wich move is better: Double-Edge or Facade?
The poison won't make dammage and double-edge won't make recoil.
I am embarassed :S

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Facade, the Poison doubles the base power, making it stronger than Double Edge (140 vs 120)

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
What are some reccommended EV's and Nature for a Tangrowth with this moveset?

-Ingrain
-Power Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Energy Ball
Also Tangrowth is holding Leftovers.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Ehh, that set is kind of iffy. If you want Sleep Powder, Power Whip, and the HP recovery, I'd just suggest the standard Knock Off set:

Tangrowth@Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Impish Nature
252 HP/228 Def/28 Spe

• Sleep Powder
  • Power Whip
  • Knock Off
  • Leech Seed
Sleep Powder to take out a foe for a little bit, Knock off their item, and some of their effectiveness is totally out the window. Leech Seed gives you recovery while forcing switches to opponents that don't want their HP sucked away, and Power Whip is a sustainable STAB move.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
Years
Jake, Facade doesn't double your attack power; it doubles the base power of Facade when the user is burned, poisoned, or paralyzing. Just clarifying this.

Between Double-Edge and Facade, Facade is superior on Clefable. Simply put, you have more base power when the damage is doubled thanks to the status. (140 vs. 120 base, or 210 vs. 180 STAB'd base)

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Sorry, i know this thread is only for competitive battling, but i 'm not sure where to post this. I'm struggling with Battle Frontier (Emerald, NOT D/P/Pt). I've put together a team that got me halfway through (all silver symbols), but not quite there. Could anyone help?

Here's my team:
Latios @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
Calm Mind
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Tyranitar@ Shell bell
Adamant Nature
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Ariel Ace

Milotic @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
Surf
Toxic
Rest
Ice Beam

Also, i had been unaware of EV training while putting this together. Sure, i bought a lot of Vitamins, but never did the "true" training. Anyway to undo this? Cuz, as you can see, my Latios and Milotic don't need an attack stat, and Tyranitar doesn't need a Special Attack one.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry, i know this thread is only for competitive battling, but i 'm not sure where to post this. I'm struggling with Battle Frontier (Emerald, NOT D/P/Pt). I've put together a team that got me halfway through (all silver symbols), but not quite there. Could anyone help?

Here's my team:
Latios @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
Calm Mind
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Tyranitar@ Shell bell
Adamant Nature
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Ariel Ace

Milotic @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
Surf
Toxic
Rest
Ice Beam

Also, i had been unaware of EV training while putting this together. Sure, i bought a lot of Vitamins, but never did the "true" training. Anyway to undo this? Cuz, as you can see, my Latios and Milotic don't need an attack stat, and Tyranitar doesn't need a Special Attack one.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179200

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
Years
Breeding Chancey: Do I Have to Choose?

Ello!

I am trying to breed Happiney/Chancey with the egg moves Counter and Aromantherapy, but I am thinking that she can't have both of the egg moves. Is that true or do I have to chain breed to get both moves?

Thank you for answering and reading!

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Ello!

I am trying to breed Happiney/Chancey with the egg moves Counter and Aromantherapy, but I am thinking that she can't have both of the egg moves. Is that true or do I have to chain breed to get both moves?

Thank you for answering and reading!
You'll have to chain-breed to get it I'm pretty sure, maybe Jumpluff for Aromatherapy and then Breloom for Counter I guess.

Alternatively they is a Move Tutor for Counter but I think that's for Emerald though I may be wrong.

Back