• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Stop trolling and go and discovers the wonders of RP Metagross.

lol

Heat Wave > Calm Mind so you dont get pooped on by steels.

I've used RP Gross and the standard RP/Meteor Mash/ThunderPunch/EQ standards just gets boring after awhile. Is there anything else viable on that set to jazz it up a bit? I know you've suggested Zen Headbutt before but Psychic isn't very good coverage. Explosion only seems good on the Choice Band set really.

Detox

Is there lead tyranitar set that does not use counter? I'm looking for a set that makes it bulky but still be able to handle other leads.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Is there lead tyranitar set that does not use counter? I'm looking for a set that makes it bulky but still be able to handle other leads.

Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    evs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Rest / Earthquake
    - Pursuit / Payback

EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
    Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam / Fire Blast
    - Payback
    - Low Kick / Stone Edge

2 Versions of lead tar for you.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I know Calm Mind Cress is good but how about Charge Beam? With Charge Beam+Ice Beam she gets perfect coverage and boosts her her Special Attack.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Bold or Modest nature
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/32 SpA/72 SpD
    -Charge Beam
    -Ice Beam
    In the last two slots take your pick from: Moonlight, Lunar Dance, Sunny Day, Reflect, Light Screen, T-Wave, HP Fighting etc. Cress is so versatile she can use lots of stuff. Bold is the nature for longetivity but Modest can be used for tanking power.

Sunny Day can annoy TTar on the switch and hit back with HP Fighting after it looses the SpD boost from Sandstorm but that's gimmicky at best.

Detox

evs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Rest / Earthquake
    - Pursuit / Payback

EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
    Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam / Fire Blast
    - Payback
    - Low Kick / Stone Edge

2 Versions of lead tar for you.

But wouldn't it need some defense EV's too?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    But wouldn't it need some defense EV's too?
    Majority of the types mainly physical (Fighting, Ground, Water, etc) is super effective vs Tyranitar though. Tyranitar is a pretty cool special wall though (having used it many times).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I know Calm Mind Cress is good but how about Charge Beam? With Charge Beam+Ice Beam she gets perfect coverage and boosts her her Special Attack.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Bold or Modest nature
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/32 SpA/72 SpD
    -Charge Beam
    -Ice Beam
    In the last two slots take your pick from: Moonlight, Lunar Dance, Sunny Day, Reflect, Light Screen, T-Wave, HP Fighting etc. Cress is so versatile she can use lots of stuff. Bold is the nature for longetivity but Modest can be used for tanking power.

Sunny Day can annoy TTar on the switch and hit back with HP Fighting after it looses the SpD boost from Sandstorm but that's gimmicky at best.

Attacking Cresselia doesn't work. Too many issues with Rotom-A/Blissey/Tyranitar/any Steel-type not to mention its total lack of power or a decent offensive STAB attack. Neutral coverage isn't very good when your neutral attacks aren't even doing good damage (which is the case here), so there is no point in mock BoltBeaming, even with two slots to spare. Simply don't use it. But for future reference, if something has no offensive power at all, you really should make the Pokemon's EV spread adapt to that (AKA run max Atk/SAtk and a +Atk/SAtk nature if possible). Lastly, this is outclassed by virtually every Calm Minder in the game.

Also since when was CM Cress any good lol

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
  • I'm planning on using this Blaziken set for Wifi battle. But before EVing it I wanted to make sure the nature and EV's are okay.

Blaziken @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Blaze
    EV's: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Thunder Punch
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Superpower/Brick Break

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I'd advise using 84 Atk/184 SpA/240 Spe. That's the standard EV spread for Scarf Blaziken. Also, use Hidden Power Ice > Stone Edge, but since it's Wi-Fi and you can't get HP Ice, then you can use Stone Edge there.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • I'm planning on using this Blaziken set for Wifi battle. But before EVing it I wanted to make sure the nature and EV's are okay.

Blaziken @ Choice Scarf
    EV's: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Thunder Punch
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Superpower/Brick Break

Pretty much standard here, you have 3 physical moves and only 1 sp atk :T you want vacuum wave over stone edge. it seems repetitive having a choice scarf and a priority +1 move, but it really will help in UU battles. although its hard to breed for it, try getting on the Hidden Power grass.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Pretty much standard here, you have 3 physical moves and only 1 sp atk :T you want vacuum wave over stone edge. it seems repetitive having a choice scarf and a priority +1 move, but it really will help in UU battles. although its hard to breed for it, try getting on the Hidden Power grass.
    Losing Stone Edge loses coverage, you have Superpower as your fighting type move, and using a priority move on a Scarfer? Scarf Blaziken is really fast.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • I'd say use:
    Blaziken @ Choice Scarf
    EV's: 84 Atk/184 SpA/240 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Superpower
    ~ Thunderpunch
    ~ Hidden Power Ice (if you can't get it then Stone Edge)

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Losing Stone Edge loses coverage, you have Superpower as your fighting type move, and using a priority move on a Scarfer? Scarf Blaziken is really fast.

your right. im taking that statement back. *sigh* mornings

I put in T-Punch in place of Vaccum Wave because Scarf + Priority didn't sound too good. I'm not sure what to use now.

I'd follow Fire Wolf's advice, but other than that, you got good coverage for what you're doing.

Back