• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
  • Don't put any EV's in Sp. Def since Swampert's defence and HP are its best stats, and make it even more bulky, so maxing out it's best stats is generally the best choice. You may put some EV's in Sp. Def, but it's highly suggested you use those EV's I posted.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2011
    Hello if anyone actually goes on this section of the forum i am just wondering what my Milotic's moveset should consist of for a tournament with my friends(RSE and FR/LG), though i already have all the essentials but do not have the Toxic TM anymore.

Here is my current moveset

Surf
    Hydro Pump(What i may switch)
    Ice Beam
    Recover

I have a few choices to fill in, either Reflect, Light Screen, Double Team, or even Thunderbolt so I can not be stalled with other water types.
    I have my EVs set into HP and DEF with a few in Speed, along with a Bold nature. I am looking for a Tank pokemon and so I need help deciding what should replace my somewhat unneeded Hydro Pump. As an added note, i dont wish to breed for Mirror Coat.

A quick strategy i thought up was that once i have Milotic in battle, and since his defenses are sky high i should keep using Double Team and Recover if i am hurt, then start to attack once i am nearly unattackable. What do you think?

Is Reflect or Light Screen better if i do not choose Double Team because my Milotic's Def and Spdef are exactly equal?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I have a few choices to fill in, either Reflect, Light Screen, Double Team, or even Thunderbolt

Milotic cannot, and never has been able to learn Thunderbolt! Why do people constantly think that!? (sorry I had to say that)

But I would suggest for filler something like Toxic, since it will force your opponent to either switch out or end up taking massive damage from residual poisoning. You have the right natures and EV spread though it sounds like.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2011
    lol omg stupid unreliable forums! sorry i didnt know...
    anyways like i said i lost my Toxic TM so i am limited in my choices. any suggestions?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I would give it a screen then. I missed the part about Toxic (which kinda sucks tbh) Give it Light Screen or Reflect based on what your team has less resistance to.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Use Hidden Power Grass (if it has it) > Hydro Pump, it helps with Feraligatr, Azumarill, etc. If not, Haze is another option to stop Cresselia, Feraligatr, Slowbro, Spiritomb and the like from not stat boosting.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Alright guys, i am new here and getting back into the game with a couple of questions. To start off i am doing a primape. I know he is not the greatest pokemon but he is among my favorites.

Primape @ Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Vital Spirit
    EV's: 252Atk/4HP/252Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Close Combat / Cross Chop
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Stone Edge

I figure that most of these moves will combat the majority of the pokemon that will be a problem. I was considering maybe leading with him or once my wall pokemon dies (if i have 1). I figured i could scout some with him or use u-turn for when i encounter bulky pokemon like dusclops i could use it and switch to houndoom to help.

Also does anyone know a good IV articale i can read? Because i am having issues getting my primape good ivs past his speed or attack. I have 2 sets of mankeys that have good attack ivs and good speed ivs. Suggestions?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Alright guys, i am new here and getting back into the game with a couple of questions. To start off i am doing a primape. I know he is not the greatest pokemon but he is among my favorites.

Primape @ Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Vital Spirit
    EV's: 252Atk/4HP/252Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Close Combat / Cross Chop
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Stone Edge

I figure that most of these moves will combat the majority of the pokemon that will be a problem. I was considering maybe leading with him or once my wall pokemon dies (if i have 1). I figured i could scout some with him or use u-turn for when i encounter bulky pokemon like dusclops i could use it and switch to houndoom to help.

Also does anyone know a good IV articale i can read? Because i am having issues getting my primape good ivs past his speed or attack. I have 2 sets of mankeys that have good attack ivs and good speed ivs. Suggestions?

I wouldn't use this outside of UU, but it's a decent set for Primape.

And IV breeding isn't too complicated, but it can take a while. Just keep breeding with the parents that have your desired IVs and you'll pass them down to a baby eventually.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    How's this doubles Giratina set?

Giratina-A @ Leftovers
    Bold nature
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SAtk
    -Magic Coat
    -Shadow Ball
    -Aura Sphere
    -Draco Meteor

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    I wouldn't use this outside of UU, but it's a decent set for Primape.

And IV breeding isn't too complicated, but it can take a while. Just keep breeding with the parents that have your desired IVs and you'll pass them down to a baby eventually.

Ok, good to know. Can you explain the UU, OU thing to me. Because i have no clue what these mean.

natedogg

Ahhh, it's so hot...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 16, 2011
    "The tiers serve a dual purpose. The first is to promote balanced gameplay and the second is to create an environment where weaker Pokémon can be used. A Pokémon may only be used in a tier equal or above its situated tier."

Got this from smogon. Explains the difference between the tiers.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Which is the best out of these two?

Relicanth@Life Orb
    Jolly
    Rock Head
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Rock Polish
    Head Smash
    Waterfall
    Earth Quake

VS.

Aggron@Life Orb
    Jolly
    Rock Head
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Rock Polish
    Head Smash
    Aqua Tail
    Low Kick

I already have a water type btw.

---------------------------------

Zapdos@Leftovers
    Bold
    248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
    Discharge
    Heat Wave
    Roar
    Roost

Would Moltres be a good UU counter part to this? And what should I give it?

Thanks.

MsHailstorm

Smooth Criminal~
    Years
  • I'm kinda new to the whole EV Training and Competitive Online Battling thing, so pardon me if I seem like I have no idea what I'm doing, lol.

Lucario is one of my favorite Pokemon and from what I've researched is pretty versatile in battle, anyone know of team ideas I can build around a Lucario with this moveset?

Lucario @Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Ice Punch

Feel free to make any changes to this moveset if you feel it can be improved. :)

Back