• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    If Groudon and kyogre are both sent as leads at the first turn of the match who's ability is activated?

Petemon

GO Abra
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    what moves should i teach haunter/gengar i have thunderbolt ans shadow claw taught alredy dont mind a bout SC thnx

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    what moves should i teach haunter/gengar i have thunderbolt ans shadow claw taught alredy dont mind a bout SC thnx

Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    *Filler move*

For filler moves, Hypnosis works well. another attacking move also works, Psychic could be useful for killing Fighting pokemon.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • Ok, so I've recently learnt that (in Soul Silver/Heart Gold) you can breed two Pokemon who are holding Power items, to pass those enhancements onto the baby Pokemon...

So what if you had a Pokemon that already had one Pokemon with a high Attack and the other with a high Defence, but gave the high Attack Pokemon the Sp. Attack power item to hold and the high Defence Pokemon the Sp. Defence Power item... would that then make them awesome?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Ok, so I've recently learnt that (in Soul Silver/Heart Gold) you can breed two Pokemon who are holding Power items, to pass those enhancements onto the baby Pokemon...

So what if you had a Pokemon that already had one Pokemon with a high Attack and the other with a high Defence, but gave the high Attack Pokemon the Sp. Attack power item to hold and the high Defence Pokemon the Sp. Defence Power item... would that then make them awesome?
    No, because then if the parents had poor SAtk and SDef IVs the Baby would inherit said poor IVs and it wouldn suck in the end.

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
  • Inheritance from parents only effects at most, 3 stats.
    You can have 2 parents with extremely high ivs, and still get a child with only 1 stat having high ivs.

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • Bent Rules

My school is having a Pokemon Tournament. (I KNOW RIGHT!?) Except, they aren't very educated in the rules of Smogon's Tiers or the Clauses. Hopefully, I can convince them to take a look at the rules, but as far as tiers go, they've already specified "NO LEGENDARIES OF ANY KIND". Lame I know.

So, being the authority on Pokemon, (at least at school where maybe 10 other people play 4th gen) I really think I have a chance at winning this.

I'd like some help, because I don't know where to start. I really favor Dragons, and since the OU rules aren't in place, Chompy would have been a shoe-in. But I have a heart, and I don't take pride in making classmates cry (believe me, i did when i faced a Chompy) So, focus on Sweeping with Dragonite, with special emphasis on annoying the crap out of the enemy, setting up for the sweep.

Here's what I've got.

Roserade @ Focus Sash
    (252 Spe) (185 SpAtk) (67 HP)
    Bold Nature
    Natural Cure
    -Sleep Powder
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Leaf Storm
    -Hidden Power Fire

Regardless of anything that happens, I'll put the lead to sleep, then lay two layers of TxSp if I can. Hidden Power Fire is for Foretress who will blow the spikes away and usually wall Roserade. Leaf Storm, huge power, plus STAB can usually OHKO Aerodactyl.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    252 Atk 252 Spe 4 SpDef
    Adamant Nature
    Inner Focus
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Extremespeed
    -Aqua Tail

A late game Sweeper. I want to stress that. He wouldn't be able to set up with DD without common counters like Metagross, Garchomp, and Weavile on the field. This is why I want a team that weakens slowly, to support my favorite Pokemon. Standard late gamer, Extremespeed for revenge kills, aqua tail to get those 2HKOs that Waterfall couldn't otherwise do. With Outrage, I almost feel like I don't need DD, but its totally open to debate.

This is really all I've got.

I wanted to try and experiment with Gyarados and Electivire combo, or a BaitTar, but whatever is whatever man.

I know its not exactly an RMT, but I could really use some help here. I'm quite stumped.

Back