• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    Shiny Chandelure

So, I was fortunate enough to randomly come across a shiny Litwick today. So, here's what I was thinking about for it (remember, the nature/ability isn't changeable at this point):

Chandelure (F)
    Gentle
    Flame Body
    Balloon/Leftovers
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Calm Mind
    -Will-o-Wisp/Substitute
    252 SpAtk/258 Def/SpDef (need help here)

Thoughts?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • So, I was fortunate enough to randomly come across a shiny Litwick today. So, here's what I was thinking about for it (remember, the nature/ability isn't changeable at this point):

Chandelure (F)
    Gentle
    Flame Body
    Balloon/Leftovers
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Calm Mind
    -Will-o-Wisp/Substitute

Thoughts?

Well firstly congrats on the Shiny Litwick. Secondly, the EV's are just wrong first of all only 255 Ev Points can be given to a stat, and then only 252 of those points actually count for something, so here's a decent spread;

252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp.

It's pretty basic, but so's the nature and moveset.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Well, congrats on the Shiny Litwick!! :D <33 I wish I could find one...
    And sorry about the nature. D; I mean it could be worse, like Adamant, but Gentle which increases Special Def and decreases Defense isn't what any Pokemon needs. Gentle and Lax are like the two worst natures. D:

Hm, this is what I reccomend.
    Chandelure
    Gentle
    Flame Body
    Balloon
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Calm Mind
    -Will-o-Wisp
    252 SpAtk/252 Speed/6 SpDef
    Calm Mind is a lot more viable, since it's nature Increases it's already decent Special Defence and it's great. And Will-o-Wisp is great for crippling switch ins, especially since your defense is lowered. XD
    As a recommendation for a Team Mate, something that can Baton Pass Agility. This Shandera is very slow, compared to most of the game.

Years
  • So, I was fortunate enough to randomly come across a shiny Litwick today. So, here's what I was thinking about for it (remember, the nature/ability isn't changeable at this point):

Chandelure (F)
    Gentle
    Flame Body
    Balloon/Leftovers
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Calm Mind
    -Will-o-Wisp/Substitute

Thoughts?

I wouldn't change much personally. Aside from the EVs. If you can figure out the IVs you have in HP, you could give it enough EVs for 301 HP by level 100 and get off 3 Substitutes with minimal investment in HP. You can Will-O-Wisp on your bad match-ups, but with 75 accuracy it's going to miss occasionally, whereas you can always count on Substitute. I'd probably invest in Def if you're going for a defensive set, since Calm Mind covers your S.Def and Gentle nature means +S.Def -Def anyway. I can't say exactly how I'd divide the EVs, because I don't know your HP IV.

Actually, now that I think about it your HP will recover with Leftovers anyway, so it probably isn't necessary to be that specific :/.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Looking for a Kling Klang moveset / EV spread.

Oh gawd, Klinkklang has the absolute worse moveset anyone could ever ask for. The only thing it has going for him is Shift Gear. :[

KlingKlang
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Att/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
    Moveset:
    -Shift Gear
    -Gear Grind
    -Substitute
    -Return/Rock Smash

It is sad when you have only one attack you can use and you are forced to resort to Return or Rock Smash. Gear Grind is an impressive STAB move, though. 100 Base Power and breaks through Substitutes. Substitute is for blocking any Thunder Waves or Will-o-wisp that try and ruin your sweep. And you will see a lot of that in UU where you will be using this guy...

Detox

So, I was fortunate enough to randomly come across a shiny Litwick today. So, here's what I was thinking about for it (remember, the nature/ability isn't changeable at this point):

Chandelure (F)
    Gentle
    Flame Body
    Balloon/Leftovers
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Calm Mind
    -Will-o-Wisp/Substitute

Thoughts?

While it is shiny, there would be practically no use for this outside of in game battles, Flame Body is an awful ability, and it always needs Timid as the nature.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011

Well firstly congrats on the Shiny Litwick. Secondly, the EV's are just wrong first of all only 255 Ev Points can be given to a stat, and then only 252 of those points actually count for something, so here's a decent spread;

252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp.

It's pretty basic, but so's the nature and moveset.

I know. I moreso meant 258 divided between the defenses.

A lot of you are saying 252 speed. Is it worth investing in speed, though? I couldn't see her really outspeeding much, so I thought that it would be better in the defenses/HP.

Detox

Well since you seem to want to use it regardless... Chandelure has a pretty average base speed at 80, so you should actually. Max out speed, and Special attack. Your nature lowers Special defense and raises defense though, so I have no idea how that would work.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    Well since you seem to want to use it regardless... Chandelure has a pretty average base speed at 80, so you should actually. Max out speed, and Special attack. Your nature lowers Special defense and raises defense though, so I have no idea how that would work.

Its main use will be in-game battles/battle subway, but I still want to make it usable if I really wanted to use it in PvP.

Years
  • Help me with my Garchomp

Would a Naughty nature be good for a Garchomp? Or should I keep trying for Naive nature.. These are the moves I'll be teaching him. Earthquake, Ice beam, outrage, and either dragon claw or dragon rush or Draco meteor. He's also going to be holding left overs.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Would a Naughty nature be good for a Garchomp? Or should I keep trying for Naive nature.. These are the moves I'll be teaching him. Earthquake, Ice beam, outrage, and either dragon claw or dragon rush or Draco meteor. He's also going to be holding left overs.

For Garchomp, you would need a Jolly nature! Mixed attacking is not exactly what Chomp does best. Here's a good set up for him:

Item: Leftovers/Brightpowder
    EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spd
    Moves:
    -Swords dance
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake

This works best under an infinite sandstorm. Make use of his ability, Sand Veil, and Substitute till your opponent misses. Then boost with Swords Dance and attack attack attack.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • can someone tell me if the movesets are any good?

Golurk-Adamant
    Trait:Iron Fist
    EVs-252-Atk/252-Hp/4-Defense
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Shadow Punch
    -Dynamic Punch
    Trying to take full advantage of the Iron Fist ability, though i feel I should swap out Dynamic Punch for Earthquake.

Chandelure-Modest
    Trait:Flash Fire
    EVs-252-Sp.A/252-Speed/4-Defense
    -Flamethrower
    -Shadow Ball
    -Inferno
    -Hex
    I really need to find other moves but I can't decide which two to replace.

Meinshao-Adamant
    Trait:Regenerator
    EVs-252-Atk/252-Speed/4Defense
    -U-turn
    -Acrobatics
    -Drain Punch
    -Stone edge

so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Re: Breeding Opinions

Drifloon is one of my fave Gen 4's. It worth playing GBA to get:
    - Weather Ball + Body Slam babies
    - Body Slam + Hypnosis babies

As for fifth Gen, my focus for now is with the gothy Psychic.
    Should I go for:
    - Dark Pulse + Mean Look, or just Dark Pulse?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Just a random question. I'm thinking about training a Deerling for Sawsbuck and was wondering what moves I should use for it. I think I've got it planned out.

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb/Leftovers/Chople Berry
    Trait: Sap Sipper/Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 Atk | 252 Spe | 4 HP
    - Swords Dance/Substitute
    - Horn Leech
    - Jump Kick
    - Return/Double Edge

I dunno what to use for this though. Swords Dance gives you much power for Horn Leech and replenishing more HP, but Substitute can block many potential KOs from Conkeldurr and Techniloom.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Whimsicott @Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Trait: Prankster
    12 HP / 248 Def / 248 Sp.Def
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Toxic
    - Taunt

How be this?

Years
  • Darmanitan (Sheer Force)

How dangerous would a Dramanitan be with Sheer Force, and a Life Orb?
    Sheer force can negate life orbs health drain and coupled with its Base Attack, moderate speed, 30% damage boost from sheer force, and a life orb! I am not the best about stats but that sounds pretty scary.

Back