• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Im with airconditioning, those sets aren't reliable. Its quite fun sweeping with a salac berry though :)

Years
  • I was thinking of building a Rain Dance team, but since Kyogre's an uber, it wouldn't be as good as I'd like. Well, unless I'm missing something.

I was definitely going to use Kingdra and Kabutops, but I need ideas for the rest of the team. Also, it should be as competitive as possible.

Any thoughts?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    If i remember correctly, bronzong is a staple member of any weather team. Wait for T_S to update the guide he's making on weather teams.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Ludicolo makes great use of the rain, since with Rain Dish + Leech Seed he doesn't really need the Leftovers recovery, therefore he can set up the rain with Damp Rock and then proceed to stall things

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
  • Hey guys I need some help with a Tyranitar.
    I am new to EV's and WiFi battling so I need a moveset, EV distribution and even an item!
    Thanks in advance,
    ~Massimo

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • What should I run on a MixKing. I was thinking this move set:

Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower / Shadow Ball

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
  • Hello! I want to know if marowak would be good on a resttalking set.
    Also, when your resstalking does your pokemon use belly drum?

Marowak @ Thick Club
    Nature: Adamant
    Ev's: 120 Hp, 138 Spd, 252 Atk
    - Belly Drum/Swords Dance
    - Rest
    - Sleeptalk
    - Fire Punch

These ev's are so I can at least outspeed and 2hko a weezing that is trying to haze me
    . I don't know if they will use Belly Drum in the sleep, will it just waste my hp or say "your Attack Can't be raised any higher".

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Marowak doesn't Rest Talk. You are walled by anything that resists Fire, and they use you as Set-Up Fodder. (OMG, stares at Curselax and Heatran!)

Marowak@Thick Club
    Brave
    252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def
    Sturdy

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Double Edge
    Fire Punch

Use it on a Trick Room team. This sweeps stuff. Period.

~T_S

Valkyrie90

Spiritual Concentration
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2008
    Is this Steelix good?

Steelix@Leftovers
    Nature: Impish (-s.atk +def)
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Toxic, Stone Edge, Gyro Ball, Earthquake
    EVs: 252 HP 252 S.DEF 4 ATK

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Look for the standard set for Skarmory.

Skarmory@Shed Shell / Leftovers
    252 HP / 16 ATT / 200 DEF / 40 SP.DEF OR 252 HP / 60 ATT / 196 DEF
    Impish nature
    - Brave Bird / Drill Peck
    - Spikes / Stealth Rock
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind

Id advise Shed Shell and Brave Bird, so Magnezone wont rape you and you can switch out freely. Brave Bird actually does decent damage to alot of things, it ensures Gyarados doesnt lol at you. Stealth Rock if you team struggles with Gyarados and Salamence, or Spikes just to hit everything part from fliers and levitators.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • whats an espeon moveset - i know it has rubbish moves but what moveset should i use on it
    i have asked this many times but no-ones replied.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I would personally use:
    Espeon@Choice Specs
    Timid
    252SpAtt/252Spd/4HP
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Grass Knot
    HP [Fighting]
    There's probably a better set out there, but this could work. Psychic and shadow ball are your staple attacks, while Grass deals with bulky waters and HP fighting deals with Dark types who are immune to your staple attacks.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You can try EspyJump. I used this for a while

Espeon@Leftovers / Salac Berry
    196 HP / 122 Sp.Def / 192 Spe
    Timid Nature
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Psychic

Set a sub up immidiately to scout what they have as a counter. If you have a Sub set up as a slower opponent comes in, you can freely pass it to an appropriate counter. When facing a weaker special attacker you can begin boosting with Calm Mind, creating an unbreakable Substitute before passing to a sweeper. Zapdos, lucario, Porygon-z, heatran all appreciate these.

Given the sheer number of Tyranitar and to a lesser extent, Hippowdon and Abomasnow, you may want to carry some weather support on your team if you are planning to use this set. It hinders its ability to take special hits as it negates lefties recovery.

Salac berry or leftovers, Salac berry has some advantages, that being it allows you sub down to activate it and pass the speed and makes espeon faster than threats, for example if you set a sub up on the switch, and something like weavile comes in you can sub down whilst it breaks your sub to activate salac berry and have an intact sub and + 1 speed which makes you faster and therefore baton pass to safety or hell even calm mind behind the sub and pass that. Leftovers allows Espy to take hits better. So its up to you.

Evs allow max lefties recovery, 192 evs allows you to outspeed Garchomp, although you can give it more speed (216 EVs) for Mismagius, 347 (240 EVs) for Infernape or max if you want to try your luck against Gengar. Any remaining EVs should go in Special Defense.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • well, i've saved this page for future reference, i'm trying to make a espeon like gofre's atm due to the fact i'm using it for battle tower, however i will use dark azelfs when competetive battling. thanks

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    No probs, just make sure you switch out when needs be. The loss of a single poke can screw you over verrrry quickly

Btw DA im lovin the quotes in your sig ;)

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I'm new 2 battling and wondering if these where good move-sets right now i hav a Riolu , Cranidos and an aerodactyl

Luricario
    Serious
    Ev 252spd/252atk/6hp
    Metal claw
    Force palm
    Aura ball
    Thunder Punch

Ramardos
    Lax
    EV 252 atk /252 ???/252 hp
    Earthquake
    Zen hedbut
    Aceint power
    Flamethrower/Stone edge

Aerodactyl
    Quiet
    Evs 252 atk/252spd/6hp
    Giga impact
    Hypr beam
    Double edge
    Dragon Claw

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2008
    Hokay I am super new to battling other people, never done it before. :P I would like to give it a shot though so I've been reading everything I can to try and get an idea of what I'm doing. This is what I have (tenatively) planned to use:

Marowak @ thick club
    252atk/252speed/6hp
    rock head
    adamant nature
    Swords Dance
    Bonemarang
    Stone-Edge
    Double-Edge/Eartquake

leafeon @ leftovers
    252def/100spdef/152hp/6spatk
    relaxed nature
    wish
    yawn
    leaf blade
    ?

froslass @ icy rock
    252speed/252spatk/6hp
    timid nature
    hail
    blizzard
    confuse ray
    destiny bond

tauros @ choice band
    252atk/252speed/6hp
    jolly nature
    intimidate
    sleep talk
    rest
    earthquake
    ?

vulpix @ quick claw
    252speed/252spatk/6hp
    modest nature
    flamethrower
    dig
    confuse ray
    toxic/will o wisp

SO yeah, I'm pretty hopeless hehe. Any suggestions are welcome, especially what to use for my 6th pokemon. I'm open to change anything but if possible I'd like to keep at least Leafeon and Marowak.

Thank you for your time and sorry for my noobishness, I hope I'm doing this right. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back