• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Super Power >> Fail wing on CB Krow lol

ok, i was thinking of a feraligatr

Feraligatr @ ?
    naughty
    evs: 252 atk/ 168 sp atk/ 84 spd
    ice punch
    dragon dance
    crunch?
    hydro pump

ok, i'm not so good :P
    plz, rate

Ewww.

Use the following as its outclassed by Gyarados otherwise (At pure DDing).

Feraligatr @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly nature (+Spe , - SpA)
    - Sword Dance
    - Substitute
    - Waterfall
    - Flail

or

Ferliagatr @ Liechi Berry / Salac Berry
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant nature (+Atk , - SpA) / Jolly nature (+Spe , - SpA)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Substitute
    - Flail
    - Waterfall

Platinum.

If in D/P replace flail with Crunch / Return

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Could anyone suggest a good leaf type set to train on my pearl?

*Also*

My new diamond team to take through game (Moves decided throughout game):

Prinplup <<<<Will be Empoleon
    Naughty nature

Roselia <<<<Will be Roserade
    Bashful nature

Gible <<<<Will hopefullly be Garchomp :P
    Relaxed nature

Monferno <<<< Everstone'd
    Mild nature

Meditite <<<<Will be Medicham
    Gentle nature

Now I'm not sure about....

Spoink <<<<Will be Grumpig if kept.
    Naive nature

May replace Spoink, with maybe a Flying type. But Which?, Don't want a Starly/Staravia/Staraptor.

Please help.

Read the rules, dont post anything ingame in this forum "A team of 6 magikarp work in game". This is a competitive forum (Wifi + Shoddy) so yeah.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Is there a specific moveset for Snorlax in Platinum? Or is it precisely the same? EDIT: Trying to build a Plat. team on Shoddy, btw.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • Actually since it now gets Bounce it is perfectly viable to run an all Magikarp team.

Snorlax is mostly the same except for Superpower and I guess Seed Bomb if you're tired of Swamperts.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • I just joined a new league called the Azelf League. It is really fun and is about to start. You can check it out from the link in my signature.

Anyway, I need to make a team out of 6 Pokemon for the league. However, the league requires you to choose a tier and only use Pokemon from that tier. I chose tier 2, which contains these Pokemon:

Charizard; Typhlosion; Blaziken; Infernape; Beedrill; Wigglytuff; Victreebell; Kingler; Hitmonlee; Tentacruel; Ampharos; Wobbuffet; Corsola; Miltank; Shiftry; Sableye; Golem; Crawdaunt; Walrein; Bibarel; Gastrodon; Weezing; Electivire; Froslass; Fearow; Venomoth; Rapidash; Marowak; Gyarados; Moltres; Sudowoodo; Dunsparce; Mantine; Ninjask; Gardevoir; Medicham; Spinda; Armaldo; Relicanth; Roserade; Loppuny; Toxicroak; Yanmega; Mesprit; Raichu; Golduck; Dodrio; Lucario; Vaporeon; Noctowl; Sunflora; Qwilfish; Kingdra; Delcatty; Snorlax; Torkoal; Clefable; Kecleon; Metagross; Wormadam; Purugly; Abomasnow; Gliscor; Regigigas; Nidoking; Polywrath; Starmie; Omastar; Crobat; Umbreon; Heracross; Porygon2; Beautifly; Exploud; Swalot; Lunatone; Chimecho; Registeel; Pachirisu; Chatot; Licklicky; Magnezone; Leafeon, Garchomp

Exclude all of the ubers. Anyway, I could really use some help on my team. It does not have to be all OU Pokemon. Infact, I would prefer only 3 OU and 3 UU. I would also like it if you could somehow work this Hitmonlee into the team.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
    Ability: Limber
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Blaze Kick

This Hitmonlee can rip through a handful of OU Pokemon. He is not as weak as many believe.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    good moveset/nature for rydon?

Like the subject says... I am playing ruby and thinking of catching a ryhorn and training it, so I was wondering what is a good move set for him/her and what nature should I go after more. I'm into speed and defence for natures, so tell me a good one. thanks who ever helps me. =]

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Go for a nature called impish, raises defense but lowers special attack. A moveset for rhydon would be... Earthquake, maybe hyper beam, substitute, focus punch, if you find it hard to get these tms, or don't want to use them, then use this moveset:
    Earthquake
    Mega Horn
    Hyper Beam
    Iron Tail

Tell me if you don't like these movesets.

Last edited:

Skaterzpenguin

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Go for a nature called impish, raises defense but lowers special attack. A moveset for rhydon would be... Earthquake, maybe hyper beam, substitute, focus punch, if you find it hard to get these tms, or don't want to use them, then use this moveset:
    Earthquake
    Mega Horn
    Hyper Beam
    Iron Tail

Okay I don't think hyper beam will work that much if i'm getting a impish ryhorn/rydon. Also I don't use all attacking moves. For an example, I would use 3 moves and one like protect or sumthing. I hope you get my drift. xD

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay I don't think hyper beam will work that much if i'm getting a impish ryhorn/rydon. Also I don't use all attacking moves. For an example, I would use 3 moves and one like protect or sumthing. I hope you get my drift. xD
    Yeah I just thought about it, let me see... What about this:
    Attract
    Toxic
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    or...
    Attract
    Toxic
    Rest
    Iron Tail or some high type of pp move
    He should hold a chesto berry for rest.

Skaterzpenguin

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yeah I just thought about it, let me see... What about this:
    Attract
    Toxic
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    or...
    Attract
    Toxic
    Rest
    Iron Tail or some high type of pp move
    He should hold a chesto berry for rest.
    Wow, there we go! =D

ok this is my moveset for it now! (impish)

-earthquake
    -toxic
    -attract
    -rest

well... thanks for helping me out! ^_^

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow, there we go! =D

ok this is my moveset for it now! (impish)

-earthquake
    -toxic
    -attract
    -rest

well... thanks for helping me out! ^_^
    Your Welcome!^^ With its high defense already and impish nature and once the opponent knocks his hp down you use rest and by the time you did that the foe might be fainted by now because of toxic, and with attract it would help him stay in longer.

Detox

I basically want my little uxie to be of some use so i need help with a staller set....

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • For Diamond/Pearl

Uxie@Leftovers
    Bold
    252HP/252def/6sp.def

U-Turn
    Stealth Rock
    Yawn
    Thunderbolt/Psychic/Protect

This set softens up the foe until your team can attempt a sweep. Stealth Rock is obligatory, Yawn helps cause switches, and U-Turn to help set up a counter to your foe's Uxie counter. The last slot has debate; Thunderbolt hits Gyarados, Psychic pairs okay with U-Turn for damage, and Protect scouts, as well as allowing Leftovers to give more healing.

For Platinum...I don't know much. Maybe throw in Knock Off somewhere to give more team support.

Also...wtf at those above sets for a Rhydon? Those are crap... Is it for Ruby/Sapphire? If so...

Rhydon@Choice Band
    Adamant, Rock Head
    252HP/252atk/6spd

Megahorn
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide/Rock Blast
    Focus Punch/Double-Edge

CB Rhydon; hard to use, but sure as heck hits hard. Bring it in on a Tauros Return, and predict to kill something. Rock Blast is considerable with its ability to break Substitutes, but is rather unreliable. The last slot is prediction power vs. safety. Double-Edge with Rock Head gives a powerful attack with no recoil.

Last edited:

Infernape Girl 17

I ♥ Infernape :D
    Years
  • hi i would like to know what a good moves i can use on my leafeon for wifiing. my leafeon has impish nature which raises defense which is cool. so far on it i have wish razor leaf grasswhistle and roar. shouldi go with leaf balde instead or stay with razor leaf since razor leaf has more pp i think.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hi i would like to know what a good moves i can use on my leafeon for wifiing. my leafeon has impish nature which raises defense which is cool. so far on it i have wish razor leaf grasswhistle and roar. shouldi go with leaf balde instead or stay with razor leaf since razor leaf has more pp i think.

Leaf Blade since its has more power.

Leafeon@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 ATT
    Impish nature
    - Leaf Blade
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Roar / Grass Whistle

Wish Pass PHazer.

skaterzpenguin said:
    Like the subject says... I am playing ruby and thinking of catching a ryhorn and training it, so I was wondering what is a good move set for him/her and what nature should I go after more. I'm into speed and defence for natures, so tell me a good one. thanks who ever helps me. =]

No ingame stuff please. Read the rules. This is competitive forum.

Earthquake
    Mega Horn
    Hyper Beam
    Iron Tail

Hyper Beam and Iron Tail are horrific.......as are Attract and Rest on it <_<.

Rhydon@Choice Band
    252 HP / 252 ATT / 6 DEF
    Trait : Rock Head
    Adamant Nature
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Rock Slide / Rock Blast / Hidden Power Rock
    ~ Focus Punch / Double-Edge

Rock Blast breaks subs (See Ninjask). Double Edge hits Claydol/Weezing, Focus Punch his Skarmory harder than anything and other moves should be self explanatory.

OR

Rhydon@Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    212 HP / 122 Atk / 176 Spe
    Trait : Rock Head
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Swords Dance / Megahorn
    ~ Rock Slide / Rock Blast
    ~ Substitute

Sub set pretty much.

PhantonSyndrome said:
    I basically want my little uxie to be of some use so i need help with a staller set....

Use ABYAY'S set (Yawn Rocking is annoying as hell >_<).Additionally another really nice set is this.

Uxie@leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.ATT
    Bold Nature
    - Thunderwave
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Last edited:

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Hi I know this may seem like a dumb quewstion but I just heard I cant use my garchomp in OU anymore. Is this true? and if it is can anyone suggest an alternative. Thanks :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back