• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Is this good for a GOLDUCK?

Golduck @ Hasty
    Cloud Nine
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 SpAtk
    ~Cross Chop
    ~Confuse Ray
    ~Shadow Claw
    ~Ice Beam

Cross Chop & Confuse Ray are Egged from a Smeargle.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
  • Is this good for a GOLDUCK?

Golduck @ Life Orb
    Nature: Hasty
    Cloud Nine
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 SpAtk
    ~Cross Chop
    ~Hypnosis
    ~Waterfall
    ~Ice Beam

This is the set you had, with some changes.

or..

Golduck @ Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly/Adament
    Cloud Nine
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    ~Cross Chop
    ~Shadow Claw
    ~Waterfall
    ~Ice Punch

But he's better as a special attacker..

Golduck @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    Cloud Nine
    252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    ~Surf
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Hypnosis
    ~Ice Beam

or

Golduck @ Choice Specs
    Cloud Nine
    ~Surf
    ~Psychic
    ~Hidden Power Electric
    ~Ice Beam

Cloud Nine makes him a great Sandstorm/Sunny Day/Rain Dance/Hail team killer if used correctly.
    Being used for this purpose, I think he could make good use of a bulky EV spread, but I'm not sure on the EVs.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Golduck @ Choice Specs
    Cloud Nine
    ~Surf
    ~Psychic
    ~Hidden Power Grass
    ~Ice Beam

Grass over Electric. Golduck is most effective at countering UU Rain Dance teams. Grass OHKOs Kabutops, Omastar, and Gorebyss along with other Rain Dance blockers like Quagsire. Golduck needs all the Speed it can get, so I prefer Timid nature over Modest.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Clefable @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 HP / 152 Def / 106 Sp Def
    Cosmic Power
    Seismic Toss
    Thunderwave/Toxic
    Soft Boiled

I've always wondered why there was never a Cosmic Power Clefable set listed anywhere...and it could work. After one CP, Clefable's stats are 394HP / 330 Def / 399 Sp Def...That's pretty darn sturdy in any environment...expecially UU. If she manages to get two in, That's 394 / 440 / 532. Proceed to paralyze or poison whaterver switches in, then plug away with seismic toss. Thoughts?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Critical hit says hi.

All Cosmic Power sets are pretty much solid on paper, but something like a Steelix uses that as set up fodder.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Steelix would totally ruin the set obviously...it's immune to both statuses. I'll try her out and see what works.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Curse sets

The move curse is very weird. The type ??? is mysterious. Nevertheless it's useful. It damages the enemy(Ghost) or boost the stats(Others). And it can penetrate Protect!

This is my premiere Curser.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers

Curse
    Mean Look
    Will 'o' Wisp
    Confuse ray or Ice punch.

or

Umbreon @ Leftovers

Confuse ray
    Curse
    Double-edge
    Ice beam.

Cool huh?

Other opinion?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Curse is pretty useless on Ghosts unless you're doing a set involving a stat-boosting berry; and even then, Substitute is a much better option, as you leave yourself open for attacks with Curse.

Curse is best used on Pokémon that don't need the Speed and can afford to take a hit or two. Steelix is a great example, using Curse and Gyro Ball effectively.

If you're using Curse on non-Ghosts, you always want a -Speed nature. This is because, if you're going to be butchering your Speed with Curse anyway, why bother sacrificing any other stat? :#

Rekon

Gekkomodo! I Choose You!
    Years
  • As i'm new to competitive battling, I'd like to request an OU team for a complete beginner like me thats easy to use but very effective, also can it include Blaziken and Swampert on it and include all the moveset changes from platinum.

Thanks.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • As i'm new to competitive battling, I'd like to request an OU team for a complete beginner like me thats easy to use but very effective, also can it include Blaziken and Swampert on it and include all the moveset changes from platinum.

Thanks.

Blaziken isn't OU, and do you really want ALL the changes from DP to Pt? There are a lot of them...pick a few.

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
  • Blaziken isn't OU,
    *facepalm*

Just because something isn't in the OU tier, doesn't mean it can't be used in OU or isn't good. Blaziken is a good Choice Bander, Baton Passer, and Reversaller, the latter two being something that Infernape CAN'T do. Heck, I use Raichu in standard battles and it owns like shizz.

Rekon

Gekkomodo! I Choose You!
    Years
  • Blaziken isn't OU, and do you really want ALL the changes from DP to Pt? There are a lot of them...pick a few.

I'm not sure of all the changes as I plan to use the team on shoddy. I'm brand new to competitive battling. So your help woud be appreciated a lot. Thanks.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • *facepalm*

Just because something isn't in the OU tier, doesn't mean it can't be used in OU or isn't good. Blaziken is a good Choice Bander, Baton Passer, and Reversaller, the latter two being something that Infernape CAN'T do. Heck, I use Raichu in standard battles and it owns like shizz.

I meant that Blaziken can (often) be replaced with something better, depending on what his team needs.

Also I'm not a team-builder-person, so don't look at me for anything other than criticism. =o

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
  • Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Magnezone @ Life Orb
    Modest nature
    Magnet Pull
    4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    - Agility
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power: Ice
    - Flash Cannon

Sturdy is useless in competitive battling as OHKO moves are banned. Magnet Pull, however, lets you take out troublesome Steels, mainly Skarmory. After an Agility, Magnezone will be at 438 Speed, or 480 if you want a +Spd nature (Timid is best without Explosion). This set is makes Magnezone a lethal sweeper, with Modest giving it 394 Special Attack, and is pretty simple to use. Since this is off the top of my head, I can't remember what EVs you'd need in Attack to make Explosion OHKO certain things, but you'd probably want to use a Mild nature if you want Explosion.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Magnezone @ Life Orb
    Modest nature
    Magnet Pull
    4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    - Agility
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power: Ice
    - Flash Cannon

Sturdy is useless in competitive battling as OHKO moves are banned. Magnet Pull, however, lets you take out troublesome Steels, mainly Skarmory. After an Agility, Magnezone will be at 438 Speed, or 480 if you want a +Spd nature (Timid is best without Explosion). This set is makes Magnezone a lethal sweeper, with Modest giving it 394 Special Attack, and is pretty simple to use. Since this is off the top of my head, I can't remember what EVs you'd need in Attack to make Explosion OHKO certain things, but you'd probably want to use a Mild nature if you want Explosion.

But magnezone dooesnt get Agility 0.o

Magnezone@Leftovers
    172 hp / 252 sp.att / 84 speed
    Modest Nature
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Substitute
    - Magnet Rise

Anti steel .

Alternately you can use Magnet Rise/Explosion/T-Bolt/Hidden power Ice 88 HP / 88 Atk / 248 Sp.Att / 84 Spe @life orb@mild. You can use specs too where you put flash cannon >> Magnet rise 172 att / 252 sp.att / 84 speed.

Or you can use rest/STalk/T-Bolt/Hp Ice same evs and nature as first set.

Then there is even scarf max speed / max sp.att @ hasty w/ specs set.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back