• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I will answer your questions!
    1. Yes, Pokerus doubles your EV gain
    2. Yes, any vitamin gives away 10 EVs per vitamin, though it is a limit to 10 vitamins per Pokemon (or maybe per stat) (sorry, I might be wrong on this :P).
    3. The best moveset for a special sweeping Lucario is:
    - Aura Sphere
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]/ Hidden Power [Rock]
    - Vacuum Wave
    ^That is what I use.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Nah, just post questions like it here.

But to answer your questions, vitamins like Carbos do give 10 EVs, and yes, Pokerus double the EVs gained from battling. Be sure you keep track of them.

But if you want special attacking Lucario, Water Pulse actually does more to fire-types than Water Pulse because of STAB. The ideal special attacking Lucario is this:

Lucario @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Speed / 252 Special Attack
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Aura Sphere
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Vacuum Wave

You can use a high-powered Hidden Power Ice over Dragon Pulse (it's actually preferred), but don't worry about it too much. Besides, Dragon Pulse helps against Kingdra (not like it would switch in or stay in on Lucario, lol)

Last edited:

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
  • Vacuum Wave and Hidden Power Ice sound good but I don't like all of the trouble of getting HP Ice. I'll try to get it, but it is doubtful. How do I get Vacuum Wave?

Edit: If Pokerus goes and its replaced with a smiling face will I still gain double EVs?

Last edited:

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    You get Vacuum Wave by breeding a female Lucario with a male Hitmonchan that knows Vacuum Wave. The baby will inherit the move. And yes, when the PKRS sign is replaced with a smilie face, double EV's or also obtained.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    question about a moveset for a butterfree. Should I use give it toxic or roost? It's a bold nature and I haven't began to ev train yet. I was thinking about this moveset though.

Bug buzz
    Psychic
    Sleep powder
    Toxic/Roost

Can't decide on the latter. Since butterfree has compound eyes it gets a boost with sleep powder, and being a bug type, bug buzz get's the stab. Psychic can come in handy for fighting, and poison plus with it being 90 in sp atk it's not bad to have. Toxic could come in handy for walls. Roost can replenish hp so any advice?

Hey! I have a Question about the the Battle Tower, I am going with a Spore Sub Belly Drum Baton Pass Smeargle, I need to know what would be a good Physical Attacker for the Battle Tower to Baton Pass into? What should the Moveset, Nature IV's EV's be?

Also would it be good to use a Vaporeon for my last slot? If not what should I use, (suggest Attacker or Wall not Pokemon)

~Thanks :)

Years
  • Hey! I have a Question about the the Battle Tower, I am going with a Spore Sub Belly Drum Baton Pass Smeargle, I need to know what would be a good Physical Attacker for the Battle Tower to Baton Pass into? What should the Moveset, Nature IV's EV's be?

Also would it be good to use a Vaporeon for my last slot? If not what should I use, (suggest Attacker or Wall not Pokemon)

~Thanks :)

You didn't need to ask this here. Oh, and I answered your question on the BT thread. I hope it helps. BTW, it might not be good, but it should work. the only worry is your Smeargle. Yeah, it can learn pretty much every attack but its stats aren't the best.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Okay since it looks like my question was overlooked here we go again!

question about a moveset for a butterfree. Should I use give it toxic or roost? It's a bold nature and I haven't began to ev train yet. I was thinking about this moveset though.

Bug buzz
    Psychic
    Sleep powder
    Toxic/Roost

Can't decide on the latter. Since butterfree has compound eyes it gets a boost with sleep powder, and being a bug type, bug buzz get's the stab. Psychic can come in handy for fighting, and poison plus with it being 90 in sp atk it's not bad to have. Toxic could come in handy for walls. Roost can replenish hp so any advice? Now I'm also having thoughts about silver wind with the possibility of the stat boost from it and the stab should I also consider this move?

Detox

Butterfree @ focus sash
    Modest nature(+SpA -Atk)
    Compoundeyes ability
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 hp
    -Bug Buzz
    -Hidden power Ground
    -Energy ball
    -Sleep powder/toxic

Bug Buzz is for stab, while HP ground covers its electric, rock,and fire weaknesses,and also hits steels.Energy ball hurts waters and grounds.The last slot is up to you.

Can anyone suggest a moveset for Zangoose?

Beginnings

thx tom-san for banner/avvy
    Years
  • Zangoose@Choice Scarf:
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
    Close Combat
    Thunderpunch/Firepunch
    Shadow Claw
    Return

Thats the set I used to use on Zangoose, i think it works pretty well

Detox

Could someone help me with a physical Breloom set?

Breloom @ Toxic orb
    Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpA)
    Poison Heal ability
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 hp
    -Seed Bomb
    -Spore
    -Focus punch
    -Swords dance/Substitute

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Breloom @ Toxic orb
    Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpA)
    Poison Heal ability
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 hp
    -Seed Bomb
    -Spore
    -Focus punch
    -Swords dance/Substitute

Who the hell uses Swords Dance on a Focus Puncher? Use Substitute, and consider Leech Seed >>> Seed Bomb for the unique ability to beat usual counters.

Years
  • You might want to elaborate on that a little more...

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam / HP [Electric]
    - Wish
    - Toxic/Protect/Roar

Although the standard suggests some SAtk, that was mainly to OHKO Garchomp, so it's better to run Max Def/HP, as that lets you live a 2 DDed Gyara's Earthquakes after SR, IIRC.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Hiya :) I was wondering what would be a good moveset for Latias :)

P.s: I have just seen the weirdest hacked moveset ever.........

Metapod @ shed skin
    Evs: 252Spd, 252 spatk, 4 hp

Harden
    Discharge
    Withdraw
    Milk drink

......My freind just used that........the metapod was called penis (soooo original....NOT! its peverted!)....
    Hes with me at the moment and he wants tips to improve it (improve!?!?!??! it sucks!).......Any ideas? I dont do gimmick hacked movesets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back