• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen today
    This thread is for individual pokemon (aka asking for help with sets, ev spreads etc and stuff that does not warrant its own thread) and help with incomplete teams which you maybe need a bit of guidance or advice with.

Requesting an entire team is not permitted, as it is impossible for team makers to take into account playing styles and personal preferences, which usually makes for an unsuccessful team. However, you can ask for guidance on team building (e.g unsure of which pokes to add or a half completed team etc), just do not expect all the work done for you, at least give us something to work with. Yes, this means you should post natures, moves, items, evs etc. for your incompleted teams too, or again we cant do anything and you will be ingnored.

You should also use this thread for double battle teams.

Battle Tower teams and help should be posted in this thread.

Remember, competitive movesets/teams only! NO INGAME TEAMS/SETS PLEASE.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Simple Question and Answer Thread

This thread is basically for simple question like title says, which dont warrant their own thread. Questions like "How does this attack work?" and "What are Ivs/Evs?" belong here.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • I'm first :P...
    I'm using this Wailord spread: 80HP/180Def/20SpA/230SpD, to take SpecMence's Draco Meteor without losing to Hail afterwards. Is that a good spread, or at least an orinigal one?
    Also, must I have a Spinner within a Hail team? If so, is Starmie Blizzard/Surf/TB/Rapid Spin an option?

Last edited:
    Years

• Also, must I have a Spinner within a Hail team? If so, is Starmie Blizzard/Surf/TB/Rapid Spin an option?

Having a spinner on a Hail team isn't required, but I find it extremely useful because Stealth Rock really crushes ice-types, as you probably know already. It's all over the place, but it seems most people don't use spinners much anymore because of how offensive the game has gotten. However, if you want to play a successful Hail team that doesn't rely on crossing your fingers and hoping SR doesn't come into play, you'll probably want a spinner.

Starmie is a viable option, but honestly I prefer bulky Spinners on Hail teams, as they can actually take a hit without going down in one or two hits like Starmie does sometimes. I'm assuming you're playing in OU, so here is my suggestion.

One of my absolutely favourite rapid spinners is Tentacruel. Not only can it use Rapid Spin, but it can also absorb Toxic Spikes, and set up Toxic Spikes as well! He's quite good at absorbing special attacks, too, and with the proper EV's and nature can also take a few physical hits as well. I'm not sure if your Hail team is stall-ish in nature, but even if it is an offensive team, Toxic Spikes is always useful. Anyway, here's the set I use:

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold (or Calm, if you prefer that)
    EVs: 252 HP, 120 Def., 136 Sp. Def
    Ability: Liquid Ooze

-Rapid Spin
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Surf
    -Blizzard (to utilize Hail)

Alternatively, you can use other moves in place of either Surf or Blizzard. Tentacruel can learn moves like Knock Off, Sludge Bomb, Mirror Coat, Barrier and even Giga Drain. Tentacruel is an amazing pokemon to use if you have good prediction skills. If you predict a Leech Seed and don't have a Grass-type alive to take it, send out Tentacruel and he'll damage the user with Liquid Ooze. His array of resistances allow him to switch in and screw over a lot of pokemon.

I hope this helps. :)

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • I love Tentacruel, but Id'e like a more offensive-team, and Poison is meh attacking type. Still, Toxic Spikes could aid Walrein/Dewgong, so...
    Anyway, I can run a Hail team without Rapid Spin?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love Tentacruel, but Id'e like a more offensive-team, and Poison is is meh attacking type. Still, Toxic Spikes could aid Walrein/Dewgong, so...
    Anyway, I can run a Hail team without Rapid Spin?

You can do it but it's likely not a good idea. It depends on your team, though. I've seen some Hail teams that have six Ice-types, which is obviously a horrible idea in general, but is even worse if SR is in play. However, if you have "only" three SR weak pokemon on your team, I suppose you could manage. It'll just hinder you from switching, and can cause you to have to sacrifice a SR weak pokemon with >25% HP left even if you could switch it out and use it later, but because of SR that's not a possibility, of course.

But having a spinner will really help you out, especially if it can absorb Toxic Spikes and set them up as well. Poisoning is more of a concern for stalling Hail teams, but it can screw any team up if you're not prepared for it. If your opponent sets up two layers of Toxic Spikes up on you and you have no Rapid Spinner or pokemon to absorb the spikes, you're risking allowing a lot or all of your pokemon being poisoned (unless you have a team of all flying/steel types). Anyway, I'm not sure what your team is so you might have a Toxic Spikes absorber, but if you don't I'd highly recommend it, or at least get a bulky Rapid Spinner who can take hits and not be KO'd after spinning.

Last edited:

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • I woudv'e use Empoleon if it wouldn;t ruin the "north pole" theme...
    Is it better to go offensive or defensive on Hail teams? And what about Cloyster for a Spinner?

Years
  • I woudv'e use Empoleon if it wouldn;t ruin the "north pole" theme...
    Is it better to go offensive or defensive on Hail teams? And what about Cloyster for a Spinner?

Well, it depends what tier you're in. In the OU tier everything seems to be very offensive, and since Tyranitar and that fat hippo show up everywhere, that can really ruin Hail teams if you don't knock them out fast and refresh Hail with Abomasnow. Though, in the UU tier, this is much different, because Tyranitar and Hippowdown aren't present, so you don't have to worry about Sandstream as much. Personally, I find defensive Hail teams to be much more effective and more fun, but I'm sure offensive teams have potential, too. It's just that pokemon like Wal(stall)rein and pokemon with the ability Snow Cloak can be very good to use on a defensive Hail team since they are great stallers. Sure, Snow Cloak hax can come in handy for sweepers, too, but if the pokemon is instead built around avoiding attacks and annoying, it's much more useful.

Cloyster can be a good spinner, I suppose - and a good physical wall... the only problem is that it has a SR weakness, and extremely low HP/Sp. Def, so any Special moves will knock it out. I really do not recommend using a SR-weak pokemon for Rapid Spinning, since when you switch it in it will take a lot of damage. Using a spinner that doesn't take enormous damage from SR/spikes or doesn't get touched by Toxic Spikes is very, very useful. Claydol is good for this, since it has Levitate so it will avoid Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and will not take very much damage from SR. I generally recommend Tentacruel over Claydol for the role, although Tentacruel is in the OU tier while Claydol is in UU. Claydol can also learn Stealth Rock, though, so he can do a similar job to Tentacruel, setting up SR instead of Toxic Spikes.

Last edited:

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • The only thing that prevents me from breeding a Tentacruel right now (don't worry, there are Jellyfish in the arctic) is one thought-what would happen, if, for example, Guts Heracross will switch-in and start sweeping through my team, expecially considering it's STAB CC and Stone Edge? How could I avoid that?
    And I already have who to take care of Tyranitar, don't worry...

Last edited:

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this thread is meant for these kind of questions, but: why did you folks say a while age Medicham is a bad Pokemon? 480 attack, Fighting STAB (Hi Jump Kick has 100BP now), also one of the few Fighters not walled by Weezing (due to part-Psychic typing), how come it's bad?
    Luke, I want to apologise for what I said to you. It was inappropriate. Please forgive me...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this thread is meant for these kind of questions, but: why did you folks say a while age Medicham is a bad Pokemon? 480 attack, Fighting STAB (Hi Jump Kick has 100BP now), also one of the few Fighters not walled by Weezing (Psychic-type?), how come it's bad?
    Luke, I want to apologise for what I said to you. It was inappropriate. Please forgive me...

Because it can't switch in on anything and while it isn't slow, it's certainly not fast, making it outclassed and overwhelmed in DPP's offensive metagame. Even in UUs it's pretty easy to deal with. Weezing is so uncommon anyway, and if Hi Jump Kick misses, it's lights out for Medicham. It also has to predict PERFECTLY or it becomes a dead weight and a set-up fodder. Not good.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • What is the highest times Doubleslap will attack?
    Thanks If anybody replies to this answer and Rep will be given for the Answer.

Shardwire

I eated your cookie.
    Years
  • Doubleslap will attack up to 5 times, like most attacks like that. Five is the most usually.

I don't need Rep. I don't need to become anything here anyway.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • So you belive Gallade outclasses Medicham, or Gallade is also bad in your opinion?

Gallade is bulkier on the special side and can switch in on more things. It also has Swords Dance which makes it a much better sweeper than Medicham.

That being said, there's a reason Gallade wasn't even Top 50 last month.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • Gallade is bulkier on the special side and can switch in on more things. It also has Swords Dance which makes it a much better sweeper than Medicham.

That being said, there's a reason Gallade wasn't even Top 50 last month.
    I would personally say Medicham Is very good because of It's moves and If you learn how to control It's moves the right way It could most likely beat Gallade but Gallade on the other hand has Much better Fighting moves.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Bullet Punch is a 40 base power steel-type move that always goes first, unless the opponent used Quick Attack or Mach Punch, which makes it whoever has more speed goes first. It won't hit before Protect though.

Very common on Scizor, thanks to the STAB boost and Technician, making it very powerful. It's also seen on some Metagross to help its slow speed out some.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back