• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LugiaFreak

Years
  • Good Natures

Note: Not sure if this is in the right place... Go ahead and move this if it is.

What are good natures for the following Pokemon?

Empoleon
    Torterra
    Infernape
    Staraptor
    Raichu

There may be a sixth later, but I'm still trying to figure out which Pokemon that'll be. :P

hank jones

Elite Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • poochyena

Can you please tell me a good moveset for poochyena? i have all tm's, and i wan't to transfer it to platinum.
    Ps: is this a balanced team?
    Elekid
    Poochyena
    Gallade
    Blaziken
    Aggron
    Blastoise

Years
  • Shaymin-S @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
    Timid: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Seed Flare
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice/Fire]

I'M JUST SO ORIGINAL FOR COPYING AND PASTING FROM SMOGON'S FORUMS!!! :D

BoBoMaster13

Shiny and Event Collecter
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 4, 2010
    Need Help

Ok, trying to make my first competitive team got 5 pokes but don't even know if this is good or not...here it goes:

Umbreon
    Careful 252 HP / 92 SpD / 164 Spe
    ~ Mean Look
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Wish
    ~ Toxic

Blissey
    Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Softboiled

Togekiss
    Modest 252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Spe
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Roost
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Aura Sphere

Blaziken
    Adamant 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
    ~ Sky Uppercut
    ~ Flare Blitz
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Earthquake

Empoleon
    Calm 252 HP / 160 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
    ~ Surf
    ~ Grass Knot
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Roar / Yawn / Knock Off **Not sure here????**

So thats what I have so far, haven't started training yet + need a 6th pokemon...

Thanks for any help. :)

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Blissey
    Bold 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Softboiled
    No... just... no. Bold Bliss is terrible, she can't even wall special attackers (and if she can't do that, then she's dead weight on your team).
    Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Natural Cure
    252 Def/80 SpA/176 SpD
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Flamethrower
    Toxic

This Blissey's much better; she can actually take special hits from many powerful special attackers and can spread status around with Toxic.

Veristical Blaze

Musician VS. Waterpolo xD
    Years
  • someone knows a good pokemon to complete this team: (you may also post more pokemon switched with others)
    Weavile
    Metagross
    Gallade
    Magmortar
    Flygon
    ?? <--- the fill in :P

Years
  • I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!

O.K,
    So I'm trying to make a very great team out of a:
    Male Mightyena,
    Male gardevoir,
    Male Blaziken
    Genderless Claydol

Now, I really want a good movesets, abilities, natures and stats for each. PLEASE NO HM MOVES!!!!!!

So, what would the best moves, stats, abilities and natures for these Pokemon?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Moves
    Well in-game you don't need moves like Stealth Rock or Taunt or anything, so maybe go for: A stab move for each poke, (EG: Crunch for Mightyena, Psychic for Gardevoir, Sky Uppercut and Flamethrower/Fire Blast for Blaziken, EQ for Claydol definitely (EQ is a must in-game and competitively)). Then give it some nice type coverage moves and potentially a stat-boosting move for each poke (EG: Howl maybe for Mightyena, Calm Mind for Gardevoir. Smogon is a great database which will tell you the base stats of the pokemon you're looking for, so I suggest picking moves that are, say Physical for Mightyena, Special for Gardevoir.

Stats
    It's impossible to choose what stats your pokemon are going to have, unless you know how to IV breed, and EV train, which, looking from your post, you don't know how to do.

Natures
    Potentially Jolly for Mightyena, definitely Modest/Timid for Gardevoir. Here, natures are explained here. Pick a nature that goes well with the type of moves you're going to use, or some sort of Defensive/Speed increasing nature.

Abilities
    Heh, this section is easy.
    Blaziken=Blaze
    Mightyena=Intimidate
    Gardevoir=Synchronize (I guess Trace would be okay if you can't find a Ralts with Sync)
    Claydol=Levitate

Hope this helps.

Years
  • BTW, before i even start is this competitive; fun team; OU, UU, NU, 3rd or 4th gen? You really need to put in some detail, because i need a base to work off.

Oh, NVM

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    Competitively speaking...what's the point of even playing the actual game, then? I mean, if Shoddy just lets you generate the perfect Pokemon, what's the point in digging to catch/breed a Pokemon with the perfect natures and level it up and EV train it? I know, I know, wi-fi, but if Shoddy is so much easier... :P

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for playing the game to play the game. I honestly wish Pokemon had a better multiplayer system, both in terms of accessibility and balance. The OU sorta bothers me; it seems like there's no strategy or personality. All-out-offensive seems to be the best/only way to go, and in terms of choice..."Use these Pokemon on this list or you won't have a chance in hell" looks like the rule :(

I'm not trolling, I swear! D: Just...observing. I've recently become interested in playing competitively but the more research I do the less fun it seems o_O

I know I haven't really asked a question, but you seem like kind enough folk >_> I'm more looking for reassurance and other opinions than answers XD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Competitively speaking...what's the point of even playing the actual game, then? I mean, if Shoddy just lets you generate the perfect Pokemon, what's the point in digging to catch/breed a Pokemon with the perfect natures and level it up and EV train it? I know, I know, wi-fi, but if Shoddy is so much easier... :P

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for playing the game to play the game. I honestly wish Pokemon had a better multiplayer system, both in terms of accessibility and balance. The OU sorta bothers me; it seems like there's no strategy or personality. All-out-offensive seems to be the best/only way to go, and in terms of choice..."Use these Pokemon on this list or you won't have a chance in hell" looks like the rule :(

I'm not trolling, I swear! D: Just...observing. I've recently become interested in playing competitively but the more research I do the less fun it seems o_O

I know I haven't really asked a question, but you seem like kind enough folk >_> I'm more looking for reassurance and other opinions than answers XD

I don't blame , I'm playing Platinum and I'm trying to make a team in the OU tier for Competitive Battling and its a totally pain, I already had start over Platinum once this past weekend because I accidentally made my Infernape get rid of Nasty Plot to learn Rock Smash and I found out that it couldn't be remembered so I had to start all over, yea the whole EV, Competitive Battling thing, seems to have sort-of sucked alittle bit of the fun out of the game

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back