• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen today
    Hi gaiz, Im looking for a reliable spiking set in UU. Im thinking Roserade but Im not sure a better option out there and if not, can anyone supply me with a UU spike set for Roserade?

Omastar and Roserade are the best Spikers in UU hands down. Cloyster closely follows and then you have Qwilfish. Nidoqueen is pretty cool too but only gets T-Spikes and SR.

Ill give you Oma and Rose, other sets will be supplied if you want them.

Roserade@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 6 SPD
    Calm Nature
    Trait : Natural Cure
    - Spikes
    - Rest
    - Toxic Spikes / Hidden Power Fire
    - Sludge Bomb / Energy Ball

Is the set i use. This set is a great Shaymin check because with the given evs it can NEVER 2HKO with LO Air Slash (Does 47% max iirc) and LO Ludicolo often cant 2hko you either. Rest is a 100% full heal each time you switch out due to Natural Cure and then you basically pick which moves you want spiking and attacking wise.

Or

Omastar@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.ATT
    Bold Nature
    Trait : Battle Armour
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf

Omastar is pretty bulky, base 125 def is nothing to sneeze at and it also has respectable special attack too. Realistically this thing is a great DD Altaria, Swellow, Crobat and other physical bird, normal, ice, fire attacks etc counter.

Years
  • What stops a Gyarados with two Dragon Dances under its belt? I want to know what could possibly stop my rampage....

Atomicblue

Billy Mays
    Years
  • I've checked online and couldn't find the answer to this. How much speed would you gain if you use Agility? Also how much attack, evasiness, defence, etc. would you gain if you use a move that raises that stat.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Will trick fail if used against a sub?

Nope I was wrong, substitute blocks trick. So yes, it will fail.

What stops a Gyarados with two Dragon Dances under its belt? I want to know what could possibly stop my rampage....

Any scarf user that outspeeds it, like Gengar, or something with priority if it's at low health, or anything that can take at least one hit from him and hit back with an electric or rock attack. Not much can actually wall him after two DDs, aside from a few extremely bulky waters. Although Gyra rarely gets in two DDs unless the person you're fighting has incredibly fail prediction =P

I've checked online and couldn't find the answer to this. How much speed would you gain if you use Agility? Also how much attack, evasiness, defence, etc. would you gain if you use a move that raises that stat.

You're speed stat doubles after you use agility. If a move raises your stat by one stage, it mulitplies it by 1.5, if it "sharply raises" a stat, it multiplies it by 2.

Last edited:

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • I've checked online and couldn't find the answer to this. How much speed would you gain if you use Agility? Also how much attack, evasiness, defence, etc. would you gain if you use a move that raises that stat.

If the attack says "____'s speed/attack/whatever rose!" then their stat was raised by one stage, and if it says "____'s speed/attack/whatever sharply rose!" then it rose by two stages. The maximum stage a pokemon's stat can reach in this way is six, so you can use a regular move six times and a sharp move three times. After that, it says "____'s speed/attack/whatever can't go higher!" Switching out your pokemon removes all stage boosts.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    any idea for a good physical sweeper for my sandstorm team?
    (need somthin to replace my garchomp...)

tyranitar @ lefties
    cant remember it's EV spread...it has 403 hp, 297 atk, 250 def, 300 Satk, 234 Sdef, 133 speed
    nature: quiet
    trait: sandstream
    -focus punch
    -ice beam
    -substitute
    -darkpulse

lucario @ choice specs
    252 Satk/ 252 speed/ 4hp
    nature: modest
    trait: steadfast
    -psychic
    -dark pulse
    -dragon pulse
    -aura sphere

cradily @ lum berry
    252 hp/ 252 Sdef/ 4 def
    nature: sassy
    trait: suction cups
    -protect
    -toxic
    -recover
    -earthquake

skarmory @ shed shell
    252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 Sdef
    nature: impish
    trait: keen eye
    -brave bird
    -whirlwind
    -spikes
    -roost

rhyperior @ enigma berry
    252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 atk
    nature: impish
    trait: solid rock
    -earthquake
    -stealth rock
    -avalanche
    -stone edge

Last edited:

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    What would be a good OU offensive Pokémon? I'm planning to build a team of OU offensive, so far I'm using gyarados, metagross, togekiss, and mixmence, and I dont know what else to add, I was thinking Scizor, though.

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2009
    An exploding Forretress can wall and kill a 2 DD Gyara.
    Without Intimidate.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    I have an ev question. If I have a level 45 pokemon im trying to ev train, but the pokemon i have to get the ev's from are low level. If they dont level me up, how do i still gain levels w/o messing up my evs?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I have an ev question. If I have a level 45 pokemon im trying to ev train, but the pokemon i have to get the ev's from are low level. If they dont level me up, how do i still gain levels w/o messing up my evs?

You should get your EV training all the way done. That is, give your pokemon 510 EVs in whatever stats you desire. Once that happens, your pokemon won't be able to gain anymore EVs, so your EV spread won't be messed up and you can level up normaly.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    Thanks. And what is the earliest level you think its good to begin ev training?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Thanks. And what is the earliest level you think its good to begin ev training?

Depends on the pokemon really. But in general, you can do it whenever you like, as most pokemon you'll be fighting for EVs are at relatively low levels. It doesn't matter when something is EV trained, just that it is infact trained ;D

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Critique my Battle Tower / Frontier Team please:

Salamence@Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    252 atk, 252 spd
    ~Fire Fang
    ~Dragon Claw
    ~EQ
    ~Stone Edge

Porygon-Z@Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    252 Sp Atk, 252 spd
    ~Tri Attack
    ~Psychic
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Thunderbolt

Milotic@Lefties
    Timid Nature
    252 sp atk, 162 spd, 90 def
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Mirror Coat
    ~Recover

This team works okay...I think it needs a bulkier water and a better physical attacker. Suggestions?

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anyone have a good defensive Poliwrath set? I having taking a liking to the tadpole. =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back