• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Online now
    Just because it has higher SPatt? Or something else? The sets on smogon seem similar for both of them.

So soul dew is generally allowed in Uber battling?

Yeah you would be surprized about how the higher special attack makes all the difference.

That and its dual screen+memento set is broken when used in conjunction with a pure baton pass gliscor to a physical sweeper (often metagross).

Smogon said:
    Support Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.

Fits this pretty much.

And yes Soul Dew is allowed in uber matches.

GameplayerHGSS

Back to Johto in HeartGold...!
    Years
  • Breloom with two Natures

I have two Brelooms, one with Effect Spore and one with Poison Heal... I equiped the Poison Heal one with Toxic orb, that way it can become poisoned and gain HP instead of losing it... So what would do me better in a Tournament?

Edit: Could I use the Effect Spore one but equip it with Leftovers is that better?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    I have two Brelooms, one with Effect Spore and one with Poison Heal... I equiped the Poison Heal one with Toxic orb, that way it can become poisoned and gain HP instead of losing it... So what would do me better in a Tournament?

Edit: Could I use the Effect Spore one but equip it with Leftovers is that better?

Poison Heal@Toxic Orb is the better option.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • can somone suggest a good poke to go with lefties milotic and yache chomp.
    was thinking venusaur,please help.
    i thought that that thread got closed.soz

If you mentioned your actual sets and EV spread, I'd be doing this better, but most of the time, a Stealth Rocker or Tyranitar works great with Garchomp almost always - Stealth Rock turns some 2HKO to OHKO, whereas Sandstream support activates Sand Veil and lets Garchomp survive more hits.

No idea about Milotic because I don't know about its set ):

The Battle Frontier Thread hasn't closed by the way: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179200

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Help with EVs and good natures for the following team needed:
    Espeon
    Brozong
    Girafarig
    Cresselia
    Manaphy
    Starmie
    Gallade

(I use Manaphy but will substitute Starmie for those who consider it Uber and don't want me to use it)

Latias = OU without Soul Dew. Uber WITH Soul Dew.

Latios = Uber regardless. However it is getting tested currently to see if it breaks ou on the suspect ladder. The way things stand though it looks as though it wont be OU, since alot of people are complaining that its overpowered.

What's with Latias being OU but Latios being Uber??

What would be a good EV Spread and Natures for these Pokemon?
    Espeon: Psychic, Toxic, Yawn, Morning Sun
    Bronzong (Heatproof): Payback (in Uber battles), Earthquake (OU and under), Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Gyro Ball
    Girafarig: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Wish, Shock Wave (w/o Evasion clause), Thunderbolt (with Evasion Clause)
    Cresselia: Psychic, Energy Ball, Moonlight, Lunar Dance
    Manaphy (Uber battles and with permission): Psychic, Surf, Aqua Ring, Ice Beam
    Starmie (OU and under): Psyhcic, Surf, Recover, Ice Beam
    Gallade: Psycho Cut, Drain Punch, Night Slash, Fire Punch

Last edited:

Arch_2008

Hinga Dinger Durgen
    Years
  • I'd like to request the movepool, nature and EV Spread for a Spiritomb in the UU environment.
    I don't really have any ideas at the moment, so some help would be great

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • Skymory or Staraptor? Which one is better? I already have a speed pokemon and a sweeper making staraptor dead weight... So is Skymory good defensive wise? For a wi-fi team

If you want something to support you with Entry Hazards (Spikes / Stealth Rock) + sponge Physical Attacks, Skarmory is for you.

Staraptor is a decent pokemon overall, but isn't expected to sweep for long even with Intimidate.

So I'd more or less use Skarmory, even though I'm more of the offensive-oriented person.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • If you mentioned your actual sets and EV spread, I'd be doing this better, but most of the time, a Stealth Rocker or Tyranitar works great with Garchomp almost always - Stealth Rock turns some 2HKO to OHKO, whereas Sandstream support activates Sand Veil and lets Garchomp survive more hits.

No idea about Milotic because I don't know about its set ):

The Battle Frontier Thread hasn't closed by the way: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179200

i was using a ttar before i gave him this

ttar@focus sash
    adament
    atk252/spe252/hp4
    stone edge
    EQ
    avalanch (to kill dragons like garchomp and to kill glizor
    crunch (i love using this on palmers cresselia)

HOW ABOUT mamoswine
    mamoswine@life orb
    adamant/jolly (which 1?)
    snowcloak
    atk252/spe252/def4
    EQ
    Icefang
    stone edge
    ice shard

i will start posting on ze ozer thread now

Last edited:

MagicMarc

Garchomp is not Uber
    Years
  • Help!! Online Competitive team

I recently decided to put a team together and play online and i failed miserably, i didnt even kill one of his pokemon!!!!
    So i need some help in putting together a strong team to play online if its not too much to ask.
    Ive been reading up on several threads and ive learned a lot, but i need to know the basics i guess. like what are some standard moves or pokemon/pokemon types to have on a team? What do i have to watch out for? and some terminology, sweepers, walls, revenge killer, what makes these types of pokemon on my team? i will appreciate any comment in helping a n00b out haha

p.s. i am familiar with pokesav and HOW to create the pokemon (ev's and everything) i just dont know what to do!!! haha

thanks again

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I recently decided to put a team together and play online and i failed miserably, i didnt even kill one of his pokemon!!!!
    So i need some help in putting together a strong team to play online if its not too much to ask.
    Ive been reading up on several threads and ive learned a lot, but i need to know the basics i guess. like what are some standard moves or pokemon/pokemon types to have on a team? What do i have to watch out for? and some terminology, sweepers, walls, revenge killer, what makes these types of pokemon on my team? i will appreciate any comment in helping a n00b out haha

p.s. i am familiar with pokesav and HOW to create the pokemon (ev's and everything) i just dont know what to do!!! haha

thanks again

First off, click here for the list of Pokemon and their most common/effective movesets. Now, for your terminology:

• Sweeper: A Pokemon that is meant to attack through, or "sweep", an opponents team. These Pokemon are generally equipped with attack-boosting items, such as a Life Orb (1.3x damage, loss of 10% health each damaging move), Choice Band (1.5x increase in Attack stat, locks you into one move until you switch), and Choice Specs (Same as Band, just Special Attack).
    • Wall: A defensive Pokemon, meant to block, or "wall" an opponents Pokemon. Usually are equipped with Leftovers (6% health increase after each turn). They usually consist of defensive moves, such as status moves and healing moves.
    • Revenge Killer: A Pokemon meant to be sent out after one of your own is killed. They are meant to kill the Pokemon that killed yours, or get "revenge". These Pokemon are generally fast, but the use of a Choice Scarf (1.5x increase in Speed, locked into one move until switched) will also make a slower Pokemon a potent revenge killer. Some Pokemon also revenge kill with the use of Pursuit.
    Lastly, the use of Pokesav is really frowned upon on this forum. If push comes to shove, at worst you could "legit hack" it so its stats and movesets are legal.

MagicMarc

Garchomp is not Uber
    Years
  • thanks for the help jake the like is becoming very useful!

and yes when i used pokesav to make my team i made them all legal, i didnt max everything out and make some super retarded unbeatable pokemon. I really just want to put together a strong enough team to battle wi-fi on my ds. but reading into the competitive side it seems a lot more "fair" and thus more fun!
    When i hop on wi-fi and battle just anybody on there is there and rules regarding hacked pokemon?
    if not shoddybattle seems more for me

i appreciate the help

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    thanks for the help jake the like is becoming very useful!

and yes when i used pokesav to make my team i made them all legal, i didnt max everything out and make some super retarded unbeatable pokemon. I really just want to put together a strong enough team to battle wi-fi on my ds. but reading into the competitive side it seems a lot more "fair" and thus more fun!
    When i hop on wi-fi and battle just anybody on there is there and rules regarding hacked pokemon?
    if not shoddybattle seems more for me

i appreciate the help

Well nobody likes battling Pokémon with illegal movesets- such as a.... Bulbasaur knowing Flamethrower! That sort of thing. Something else to say is that it isnt really fair to battle with Maxed IVs or EVs. :) Hope this helps.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Well nobody likes battling Pokémon with illegal movesets- such as a.... Bulbasaur knowing Flamethrower! That sort of thing. Something else to say is that it isnt really fair to battle with Maxed IVs or EVs. :) Hope this helps.
    On Wifi. On Shoddy, it's standard for most Pokemon to have perfect 31's across the board (unless they're legendary or have a specific Hidden Power).

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • I need a replacement for Rotom-f? Im trying to get the same team i have on my shoddy but for wifi but since you cant use a specific rotom form i have to somehow replace my rotom-f with another bulky sp defensive type that can learn thunderbolt/discharge/thunder/any electric attack.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • I need a replacement for Rotom-f? Im trying to get the same team i have on my shoddy but for wifi but since you cant use a specific rotom form i have to somehow replace my rotom-f with another bulky sp defensive type that can learn thunderbolt/discharge/thunder/any electric attack.

The thing that I'd probably go the most-similar would be Zapdos, since it has a respectable 90 Sp.Defense (?) and can learn Thunderbolt / Discharge / Thunder as well (better Sp.Atk and Speed as well). Magnezone may work too (same Sp.Def + Higher Sp.Atk than Zapdos but much slower and dies to EQ) - I'll try to come back on that though :X

MagicMarc

Garchomp is not Uber
    Years
  • Well nobody likes battling Pokémon with illegal movesets- such as a.... Bulbasaur knowing Flamethrower! That sort of thing. Something else to say is that it isnt really fair to battle with Maxed IVs or EVs. :) Hope this helps.

So On nintendo wi-fi is it common to come across Bulbasaurs with flamethrower and maxed out EVs? Cuz if im going to take the time to put together a strong legal team just to be taken out by some hacked Magikarp then forget that! And if not wi-fi then what should i use?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • So On nintendo wi-fi is it common to come across Bulbasaurs with flamethrower and maxed out EVs? Cuz if im going to take the time to put together a strong legal team just to be taken out by some hacked Magikarp then forget that! And if not wi-fi then what should i use?

No no no. He meant that something like that is completely frowned up. I think how he was answering your question is that hacks altogether are generally frowned upon, but things like his example are just stupid, complete obvious hacks, and make you a noob XD

And if you don't want to use WiFi, use Shoddy to battle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back