• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshiram or Zekrom?

Which is your favourite?

• Total voters

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    It was a hard decision for me to make when I had to decided which one to buy; Pokémon Black or White. I decided to get Pokémon White for the exclusives and of course, for Zekrom. Glad that finally Game Freak decided to give us a Dragon-Electric type Dragon, not also that, but his/her/it looks are beastly.

Years
    When I saw Reshiram, I knew I must play Black. Reshiram is now my favorite legendary overall. Great type combination and it just looks great.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I love both of them, but in terms of design, Reshiram has a better design. I got White, so I caught Zekrom. I've never really had much exposure to Electric-type Pokémon, so I like Zekrom in that way. I guess they're even for me.

trespasser

Problem, officer?
    Years
    I liked Zekrom more. To me Reshiram looks like a unicorn somehow. I imagine it like, dancing in rainbows or something like that. Lol, I like both a lot, but just Zekrom better. Although I like Zekrom better I use Reshiram more in the game. (I have both)

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I don't use either, so I traded my Zekrom for a Reishram on the GTS. (For pokedex data). Then I traded it for something else... I mean, they are both banned on online matches, so I feel like they're both still cheap to use in-game. But that's just my opinion. (Same goes with anything else banned).

In terms of design, I like Reshiram. Zekrom is just cluttered and dark to see any detail.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    I loved my Zekrom, before I reset and now currently on the 6h gym *sigh*. And I dont understand why people think they are OPed or unfair to use in game..Its just like using Haxorus or even a Serperior..Heck, any Pokemon. Its meant there to be loved, and slaverizied (if thats a word..lmao) in battle! If not..>_>.

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I loved my Zekrom, before I reset and now currently on the 6h gym *sigh*. And I dont understand why people think they are OPed or unfair to use in game..Its just like using Haxorus or even a Serperior..Heck, any Pokemon. Its meant there to be loved, and slaverizied (if thats a word..lmao) in battle! If not..>_>.

Well, it's base stats are relatively high.
    Probably higher then any non-legendary in Unova.

Years
    Reshiram is the best, FIRe types rule over electric types and with him you can have a complete fire team to fight any type pretty much :)

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    ^ its just a matter of opinion but as I am an electric-type fan, and trainer. I will and always will be for the electric types... Zekrom FTW!

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    I like Zekrom's design better than Reshiram, which is saying something because I dislike both of them compared to Kyurem.

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    I really like Zekrom's design, in that he's a bipedal winged Pokemon, but has separate appendages for arms. That's very very rare in the Pokemon world, and he has a giant lightning generator for a tail, that's just fancy.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    You notice so much detail and elegance in Reshiram, to bad i bought Pokemon White.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    I prefer Zekrom for looks but I think Reshiram is the better legendary in battle.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
    Wow, Reshiram and Zekrom both had 41 votes. Then I voted Reshiram.

I like them both, but I now like Reshiram more, even if he does remind me of that bizarre dragon from the Never-ending story....

Back