• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Revived] How long does it take you to EV train??

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Most of the time when I EV train I use the power items plus pokerus and that usually helps me. Occassionally I buy the proteins, calciums, etc. but they're expensive.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Sometimes 30 minutes when I have nothing to do in real life , Sometimes it takes 2 Hours for me when I EV Train a Bulky Pokemon

Cloudskye

My Own Personal Hell
    Years
  • Mainly about an hour for me. It takes me awhile to Ev Train in Attack now that the spot I used for Eving in Diamond was moved. I was pretty bummed :/
    That's not that bad of a time. I think it takes me a while. I never kept track of the amount of time I used. I've got almost 300 hours on Diamond, so it doesn't matter to me. Maybe a few hours. I don't know.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • I depends. I remember training my Infernape in Sp. Attack in the Old Chateu and it took ages. Probably because I was doing homework at the same time. :3

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
  • Depends on the level of the pokemon, i tend to take forever if the pokemon im trying to EV is like on lv 10 x:
    Then again i rarely EV train anymore.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • I always EV train on my Diamond, because there are trainers with, say, 3 Roselias, 2 Staraptors, 5 Bidoof, etc. which have been rendered useless for training in Platinum. But yeah, I usually take only 15-30 minutes with the Power Items and Pokerus.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • There is now only one thing I do on my initial Generation IV game and that is breeding, only because I've heard the Egg Nature trick no longer works on Platinum. (I haven't personally tried, but don't want the inconvenience XD; )

Training, I do on Platinum and it actually doesn't affect me, because I've always trained on wild Pokemon. I might only get EVs 10 at a time, (PokeRUS & Power Items) but its a method I feel more comfortable with. Not including levelling, I probably get it done in about... an hour, if I can keep my concentration from drifting. Which sometimes isn't the case... XD;;

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    A simple 252/252 takes no more than 45 minutes at most.

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
    Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    Nice. I think the best time so far would be 25 minutes for a simple 252/252/6 Spread. Nice :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I normally just have the power items, pokerus, proteins and things like that and I am ready to EV train. It usually just takes me a day when I am willing to do it.

Years
  • A simple 252/252 takes no more than 45 minutes at most.
    I never use 252/252/4 spreads since I always aim for magic numbers and optimum defense EVs.

I used to be able to do it this fast on GenIII anyway, which had convenient EV spots for each of the six stats. For some reason beyond my understanding, no such spots exist on D/P/P. EV chaining is a poor substitute and takes much longer.

Back