• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Revived] Kanto & Hoenn Starters: Which will you choose?

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
  • Hoenn is Septile. Septile owns.

Kanto is Squirtle I don't know... it'll probably go along with my Typhosion! (Migrating the rest T-T)

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • So wait, you can get 3 starters in the HG/SS versions? :O, I'd go with Charmander/Totidile,Treeko. xD
    those are the first pokemon I beat the game with on those generations xD.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • hmm..lets see..
    johto = cyndaquill
    kanto = this is tough....maybe squirtle
    hoenn = torchic (treeko's the best but i had him on emerald so not this time)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    For Hoenn I'm picking Torchic, and for Kanto, Squirtle. Starting with Totodile.

Years
  • Well, for the Hoenn Starters, I'll probably just pick Treeko for the heck of it, I can already migrate them from Saphire/Emerald if I really want them.

However, I lost my copy of Leaf Green T_T So I'll need to decide for that one. I've always liked Charmander, I don't know why, but the fire type starter always appeals to me more than the rest, but upon the release of Gen IV, I've started to alter my choices, aside from Gen II starters, I've altered them. I started picking the other two. I might get Charmander, but then again, Blastoise is bad ass, so why not him? Venusaur is always a good choice, but whatever I pick, my brother will pick one of the other two and I'll breed them so we both have one of both, then I'll probably use the GTS to locate the last one, but I'll probably end up picking Charmander while my brother picks Squirtle.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    If I choose Chikorita as my Johto starter then I'll choose Mudkip and Charmander..

If my Johto starter is Totodile then I'll choose Torchic and Bulbasaur.
    But my favorite starter from Hoenn is Mudkip and my fav. from Kanto is Bulbasaur (w/ Squirtle close behind).

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • on my main copy I'll choose bulbasaur and Torchic. On the other copy, all of them! (I'll be restarting that copy, multiple times)

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Charizard. Why? Because it can fly aand BREATHE FIRE. well, all the kanto starters look good, but aren't rly useful.

Swampert. Why? because, its an awesome sweeper I can use to beat the frontier challenges with. 'nuff said.
    but srsly, Hoenn starters look the coolest and Hoenn was my favorite region out of Kanto, Sinnoh and Hoenn. I wonder how Johto will turn out.

Cloyster93

who's gun is this rifle?
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    For Hoenn, i'll choose Treecko. As for a Kanto starter, i'm not too sure. It'll probably be a Charmander though. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    Kanto: Bulbasaur or charmander. Cant decide on which to get.

Hoen: Torchic because Blaziken is beast.

Years
  • well im sending over the offspring of my venasaur to Heartgold as soon asi can and then later on im gunna send in my Blastoises babys then choosing charmander from oak and im gunna pal park my sceptiles baby and idk what to get from steven cuz idk if blaziken or swampert would look cooler following me

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • TBH, I forgot what I chose in my Imported versions of HG/SS.

But I'm only getting SoulSilver in English(Might get HG).
    But for
    Kanto Starters: Charmander
    Hoenn Starters: Treeko

Charmander been one of my favorite starters, Next to Bulbasaur :3

Back