• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Richard Steel's Battle Stadium

Faceless*

YES!
Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Anyone ever even looked at Starmie's Sp Atk? Its lower than average to most sp. sweepers, only less fragile. It is a 100, not all that great in any ways. I think Richard only uses it to surprise opponents, in which I'm NOT going to mention how he surprises opponents Thank You.

By the way... I dont think Gyarados does well recieving Electric attacks in almost any way, how much HP did Mr. Gyarados have left?

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i know, i tell that to everyone... starmie's special attack is not that great. some people prefer to use starmie for its bulkiness rather that because of that bland 100 sp atk stat, but richard's is utilized foremost as a special sweeper.

and if that gyarados has somewhere near 288 sp def, then that means it has somewhere from 21-31 ivs in sp def, and 208-252 evs in sp def. even with those sp def evs, it needs around 192 HP evs to survive a tbolt from starmie, which would leave very few evs for speed and attack.

now, if you actually read these EV guides, AA, you'd probably understand that this ev setup is irregular, which is why we expect it has hacked stats. the only resolution is (1) telling us what ev spread it has and (2) showing your pokes in a trade session.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • hey richard your back! the skarmory works pretty wellGREAT, but I have a friend over i'll battle you later tonight.

Sure thing.

I'm up for a few battles throughout the night. Little Miss Sunshine is on, so I'll also be watching that (<3 that movie). But if anyone wants to have a go, now's the time to say!

EDIT: You talking to me, Kazaam? If you are, then sure. I'll need your FC, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Dark Pulse on a Tyranitar doesn't works out good he is made to do physical damage.
    I now lost my proud of EV training I my as well raised a new team with cheap stats, maybe that will make everyone happy:disappoin

with beneficial nature, near max sp.att ev's and stab, dark pulse should OHKO charizard, and yet it hardly did a thing. i didn't pursue it because i still won but i had to mention it because richard's had the same suspicion. it's not like charizard has great hp or defense stats but it took tyranitar's attack as if it were a flying blissey.

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    Hey richard you up for a battle im a bit rusty and need some practice.

though i gotta find my ds first =\

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I had to get out my Metagross clean if you were wondering why I switched to yanmega.

Yep! Good battle. I let Skarmory take a fall to bring out Starmie and let her pwn. Bollocks to anyone who says she has substandard Special Attack, I think she pwns just as well!

Mithos Kid, I'll battle Soulinferno first, and then you, okay?

Soul buddy, you ready?

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • richard wanna battle??? im getting bored i need insight on my team

Of course, but you'll have to wait until after my current battle, and my battle with Mithos Kid.

Also, Soul, I see you pondering idly... Electivire can't escape because Dugtrio has a trait called "Arena Trap"... prevents escape. lol, sorry. Bye bye, 'Vire.

Back