• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Riots in Tottenham, North London.

Years
  • I honestly think these riots are stupid. the fact that people are actually joining in around other places in the UK is also really terrifying. they had better come to an end soon.
    I just hope that no one around where I live starts to join in, although it's full of chavs so chances are they will. -.-

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I guess it'll put Brits in the mood for Rise of the Planet of the Apes coming out on Friday! [/tasteless]

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • For God's sake this has gone too far. I can't even imagine how the family of the guy who, indirectly of course, started this is feeling. But it's hardly even anything to do with him anymore as much as it is a load of idiots going "YEAH LET'S STEAL EVERYTHING AND PISS OFF THE WHOLE OF OUR OWN COUNTRY!".

Random update for anyone who read my last two posts: the friend I mentioned got the living crap beaten out of him for taking a swing at someone he'd seen throwing a petrol bomb. What a world, huh.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • On the same night as the Birmingham Riots (8/8/2011) there was a riot in Walsall, Staffordshire which is really around my area because I would say I'm only a few miles from Walsall, myself. Also, there's been violent activity in Wolverhampton, according to my sister who lives there and there's been more violent activity in Birmingham city centre.
    I just thought you should know about these happenings >.< I just think it's completely stupid to be honest and I can't wait for it to be over.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I can't believe innocent people are being killed and buildings are being burned because of a stupid riot. It's ridiculous and so stupid. None of the innocent people that died deserved to...

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    This is just stupid, The riots has to end now and the two idiot's David Cameron and Nick Clegg is turning a blind eye :(

David and Nick is just as bad as the rioters, You need parliament now not Thursday

Years
  • Major problems in Manchester, Birmingham and Wolverhampton tonight. I thought the Manc's were better than this, but apparently not.

Just had a moment of fear as my mum was in Manchester today and this evening shopping around the area it suddenly kicked off and she wasn't answering her phone for over an hour.
    Turns out she was just getting out of there and driving back. Christ that scared me, since I am so far away. =[​

This is just stupid, The riots has to end now and the two idiot's David Cameron and Nick Clegg is turning a blind eye :(

David and Nick is just as bad as the rioters, You need parliament now not Thursday

Uhhh, they aren't doing too much, but turning a blind eye is over-exaggerating.​

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Have you seen how huge the discussions are on the other forums on this subject such as Digital Spy?

Its hard for me to keep up with them all, You read comments and agree with them even the worse of sites you don't go anywhere near. Its good to see the internet reunited :)

Years
  • Major problems in Manchester, Birmingham and Wolverhampton tonight. I thought the Manc's were better than this, but apparently not.​
    Really? xD am i thinking of the same manchester as you? x]/isfrommanchester

I saw the copy cat riots coming the second i heard that they were pulling police from all over the country. As soon as all the rioters heard that there was less police there they jumped at the chance.
    Damn news isn't exactly helping is it? -.-

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Riots in Tottenham, North London.

Damn, this looks bad.

It was only a matter of time before the riots got to Salford. At first I thought it'd only be a local news but it's spread nationwide.

I'm going to have to call my dad tomorrow to see if he's okay. (I hope he is)

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I just watched some of the videos. Don't hate me for being disappointed every time the crowd backed down..

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • This needs to stop. Now. What are they trying to acheive? They're destroying innocent peoples lives and people are dying! Is that what they want?

And then we've got idiots copying them all around the country. I'm just glad that all the family I have in the affected area's are okay (For now). I'm hoping it doesn't spread near me.

I must admit all of the people who are getting out and clearing up (In Manchester, London, and probably other places that haven't been shown on the news) are really inspiring, sure, they cant stop the riots but they can try and fix things. If I lived near any of those area's I'd be out there now cleaning up as well, it's sad though because they can clean up as much as they like, there will probably be more riots tonight and the next day they have to start all over again.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Oh dear lol.

Spoiler:

Uhm.

Spoiler:

You think you're cool but you're just a dumbass.

--------------------------------------------------

In regards to bringing in the British Army, I do not think it will happen. It would look bad for the 2012 Olympics (even though it already looks pretty damn bad ¬____¬).

mameshiba

Creepy Purple Zordon
    Years
  • It's just opportunists taking advantage of the young people who don't know better by hyping all the bad qualities of the government.

Back