• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You should try making a CNS lol. I spent 4 hours straight working on it and only got halfway there... I gave up for a while after that :P

Years
Krazy_Meerkat said:
You should try making a CNS lol. I spent 4 hours straight working on it and only got halfway there... I gave up for a while after that :P

Heh, well I have little patience when it comes to scripting, so I dont really spend long on my scripts/events, unless I really need it for my game.

Years
I have all the patience in the world. I just like to code things, it makes me feel like I've learnt something.. Like my equivilent to doing maths... lol

Years
Krazy_Meerkat said:
I have all the patience in the world. I just like to code things, it makes me feel like I've learnt something.. Like my equivilent to doing maths... lol

Hehe, well I really hate math, its the one subject I despise. :tired:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Maths is a good subject for me. I guess learning ahead helps.
The Korean language is another...

*back on topic now*

Years
Ok I have to finish part of the coding on the scrolling event, then I have to add a few more variables to it so that I can add in more item slots for different areas of the bag.
I think I will merge the item system with the battle system first though, Just so that I do not confuse any of the variables.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Ok I have to finish part of the coding on the scrolling event, then I have to add a few more variables to it so that I can add in more item slots for different areas of the bag.
I think I will merge the item system with the battle system first though, Just so that I do not confuse any of the variables.
Good to hear you working so hard! It's inspired me to go out and do some community service.

Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
Good to hear you working so hard! It's inspired me to go out and do some community service.
lol. I haven't done much more work, I am just trying to think what I can do next, we still need our pokemon selection screen which I think DM has given up on.. (no offence DM) He hasn't posted a single thing about it yet.. I wonder if I will end up doing that as well...

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I'm just sure that Darkmage's busy having fun. He mentioned in one of his posts that
the pokemon selection screen's coming on nicely. Anyway, I've done about 8hours of community service and am going to do more tommorow.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2005
Nice work guys !

I'm a new member here at PC, but before I used to come here to read your tread.

Now that I'm a member, I just wanted to tell you that your work is really appreciated from a lot of people (including me !)

I probably won't use the battle system cause i'm making my own, but I might use it as a guide in some hard points.

Anyway you might expect a lot of credits !

P.S. Continue your good work !

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, that's good to hear. Most of the work so far was really done by Krazy though.

Years
*sigh*
Well I guess someone else will have to do the pokemon selection screen. DM is obviously far too busy to be doing that as well. I have done a bit more on the item system, it is complete for the pokeballs part of the bag. Before I start on the rest of the bag, I have to change some of the variables around because they overlap some of the battle system's. Lol everyone does it, at least rm2k3 has the variables & switches search tool :)
I have to go now but I will keep you guys informed. Sorry I haven't been here the past couple of days..

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, it's good to hear more progress! You're obviously working hard.
Tell me if you need help with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back