• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, here's the item system done for 20 items.
I haven't finished the coding (which I could have done)
but I'm sure Krazy can figure this out real quick.
The coding's done in a very easy to pick up pattern.
Tell me if there's any missing files. I'll upload them here.

--EDIT--

I've reuploaded the bug free item sys.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I thought that it was a bit too rude just leaving all the work
for Krazy to do so I tidied up the variables and did a bit more coding.
Anyway, you'll have to finish all 20 events on the second line. (I only did 8)
Also, you'll have to finish the coding for event 31 and finish the other scrolling codes.
(only did scrolling events 34 35 57 58)
My idea coding for scrolling is in 31 34 35 57 58. Talk to the weird guy on the screen. Press ESC to go to the first map.
I couldn't edit my post for some reason so I'm uploading this here.

*note: the item system is not yet compatible for 20 items*

Years
Thats great daegon! I only just tested the other item sys and you have done a good job. I will do a simple looping code for the items, that way, when you scroll down, only a small piece of coding will be needed to move the pictures.. not now though, i have work tomorrow, then two days off school! yay

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, that's good news! I couldn't handle the looping code.
Anyway, thanks!

Years
freakboy said:
i have ripped the battle font for making names and more(from r/s rom)
feel free to use it
umm.. that was nice of you, but i had the r/s font a long time ago and i was the first one here at PC to develop the pokemon-style CNS.. so it is all done now

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
While you're figuring out the scrolling event, I'll carry on with the events.

Years
Daegon, I really don't mean to offend you, but I was totally confused by your item system.. There was like 50 events... I could barely understand how I was meant to change the numbers into item names.. It looked like your item-display event was packed with coding, I thought you might need to simplify it a little bit.. I also think you used far too many lines of coding for the variables... Most of it doesn't make sense to me.. But I will whip you up a little scrolling event because you are a good friend..

I will put this to you straight Daegon, I have been offered another bag system for use in the battle system and I don't want you to work anymore on this item system (unless you can make it simpler and more efficient) because I don't want you to do a whole heap of work for nothing when there is a much simpler way to do things. If I can understand this new bag system and can easily code it to fit our battle then I will most likely use it (if your system is still incomplete). But if I don't decide to use it then I will be more than happy to continue working on the current one with you.. I don't mean to hurt your feelings or offend you in any way, I just can't work with this system at the current point in time, and I would like to try something new.

I will upload the item system when I have completed your scrolling event.

Years
Item sys update

Sorry for the wait, I went to sleep then school. Ok I have done the scrolling event and fixed up a few little things, sorry for what I said about your sys, it is good. I figured out what was going on and here is what I have done:
P.S. I also added a little snippet of coding (to the battle) to show the hero's HP gradually decreasing.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Hey, if that system's better than mine, use it!
It's my fault for making it complicated.

Nice scrolling event by the way.

Last edited:
Years
I wouldn't say better, just more advanced. This one has been worked on longer than yours. Anyway I have already started work on it, I have done half of the scrolling event and I just need to do the one which moves the items up when you press down..

And thanks :) You did a good job with the system.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
And thanks You did a good job with the system

thx. I'm waiting to see the results of the other other item system and how it's
implemented. GOOD LUCK!

Years
I'm having a bit of trouble with the item sys.. I can't figure out how I am going to display the items... I am using a switch for which item is held.. then variables for how much of the item is held and which item slot it is in.. I'm just not sure how I can put all of this together without millions of lines of coding

Years
ehehehe... I did it guys :P
You can have up to 30 of each item and you can have 10 or 11 items.. I havent done the second part of the scrolling event and I don't think I will because I am not very much good mucking about with pictures...
I also made it so that when you select an item, it displays a discription of the item (which was already half-done (thanks mena:)))
I will do some more work tomorrow but there isn't much left..

P.S. I can go for my learners tomorrow :P But I think I might go to school... Not sure..
*Yay I will be able to legally drive my car*

Years
Umm... I wasn't really planning on it, There is up to 60 graphics of numbers so I suppose you could go up to 60, I am only doing the coding for 30 of each because I think that's a reasonable amount and If you want more, code more yourself, thats what the battle sys is all about :)

Years
Krazy_Meerkat said:
Umm... I wasn't really planning on it, There is up to 60 graphics of numbers so I suppose you could go up to 60, I am only doing the coding for 30 of each because I think that's a reasonable amount and If you want more, code more yourself, thats what the battle sys is all about :)

Yeah I was just wondering, well I dont really need it to be 99 of each, but could be useful.

I'll probaly code it myself then, when I put it in my game :)

Years
Yeah I was just wondering, well I dont really need it to be 99 of each, but could be useful.

I'll probaly code it myself then, when I put it in my game :)
:) it's relatively easy to code, just takes a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back