• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
.......xD.

Also, the Plot Discussion thread is up.......And I kind of have a mixed reaction. :/ While I'm pretty happy to have something like that, where we all can post our posts, and improve upon them, I'd actually prefer to keep my plot a secret, so that its a surprise to everyone, and if I want opinions, either post a general idea here, or PM it to one of my friends.

But, that's just my opinion. :D

I can connect w/ that~

You might as well just ask about the smaller details, though it doesn't matter since your going to send the RP out publicly sometime.

What I have trouble with personally, is flat out speaking my mind. I find that when I try to give someone constructive criticism, I end up insulting them. :/ Or being harsh and ruining their self-esteem. But sugar coating doesn't help either.

Its an interesting(and great) new addition to the Corner, I'm just too afraid to speak my mind... does this apply to anyone else or am I just anxious?

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Oooo~ Nice we got a plot/character discussion/help thread now. *waits* I'm kinda hesitant on going in but... TIME TO DIVE IN!

Oh and those old RPs... The one that made me laugh was the "just thought of this rp". ... ... ...lolwut?

//ANDthen

Ready-Set-Go
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2011
I can connect w/ that~

You might as well just ask about the smaller details, though it doesn't matter since your going to send the RP out publicly sometime.

What I have trouble with personally, is flat out speaking my mind. I find that when I try to give someone constructive criticism, I end up insulting them. :/ Or being harsh and ruining their self-esteem. But sugar coating doesn't help either.

Its an interesting(and great) new addition to the Corner, I'm just too afraid to speak my mind... does this apply to anyone else or am I just anxious?

I definitely know how you feel. But I see it this way, if you practice giving constructive criticism, you'll probably get better. :) and you can always say you're sorry if you were too harsh, at the end of the post :)

Years
.......xD.

Also, the Plot Discussion thread is up.......And I kind of have a mixed reaction. :/ While I'm pretty happy to have something like that, where we all can post our posts, and improve upon them, I'd actually prefer to keep my plot a secret, so that its a surprise to everyone, and if I want opinions, either post a general idea here, or PM it to one of my friends.

But, that's just my opinion. :D
Yeah, I'm paranoid like that often. Sometimes scared of people stealing my ideas. x3 And coincidentally, PQ also has it's own discussion. xD

I can connect w/ that~

Exactly what you said there. But I guess one way of sugar-coating without an overdose is to just point out the pros of the plot. And I think you're just anxious. =3

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Just out of a matter of interested, how many people here would be interested in doing an Alternative Real World "Superhuman" Roleplay???

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Just out of a matter of interested, how many people here would be interested in doing an Alternative Real World "Superhuman" Roleplay???

It actually sounds rather interesting :) But you gotta make sure that the RPers won't go godly with their powers!

Years
I have a question: Do people usually build up some hype about their RPs before they make them, or do they just make them and see who joins? I've noticed that some RPs have been very popular, while others just sit there. That brings me to another question: What makes an RP popular? I've just gotten back into the RPing scene, so I'm just curious.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I have a question: Do people usually build up some hype about their RPs before they make them, or do they just make them and see who joins? I've noticed that some RPs have been very popular, while others just sit there. That brings me to another question: What makes an RP popular? I've just gotten back into the RPing scene, so I'm just curious.
I try to keep everything a secret right up until i just post it, where then i just post small details which keep people posted.

Popularity all depends on the game master i think. A good storyline is key! Plus presentation is a main point; if it's cluttered and i cant read it, i dont even bother!

if its a non-pokemon rp, the popularity also depends on what universe its set in and how popular said universe is. if its based on earth, then the other top two above apply.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

I usually just post it. Sometimes I hint beforehand to a friend or maybe even in this thread, that I'm going to post something, but not really what. I'd like to think people are joining my RPs readily because the plots and posts are good and not because I'm the moderator :3 I'm actually doing an experiment to find out... and the result is positive so far :3

I used to care more about nice looking first posts, but nowadays I've realized that some people just don't care about spiffing up their Opening Post as much as others (like me, for example). So that doesn't matter as much to me anymore when I look around for RPs to join. But a well written (and pretty much grammatically correct) OP means that the GM is willing to spend time and effort on the RP, which is important for any RP to be successful.

Many people do advertise a lot before they post their RPs though. That way you can make people say if they're interested or not so you'll know if it's a good idea to post the thread or not. You can for example post your plot (or bits of it) in the PLOT / CHARACTER thread and see if people can improve it in some way that will make them join it more willingly.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Beam Katana, Touchdown, United Assassins Associations Silvia. If anyone knows what I'm talking about let me know if you think this will make a good rp.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
I used to care more about nice looking first posts, but nowadays I've realized that some people just don't care about spiffing up their Opening Post as much as others (like me, for example). So that doesn't matter as much to me anymore when I look around for RPs to join. But a well written (and pretty much grammatically correct) OP means that the GM is willing to spend time and effort on the RP, which is important for any RP to be successful.

X.X That's probably why I'm not cut out to be a GM of an RP. I'm bad at Opening Posts and plotting. :/ I've seen a few RP's I've started hit the gutter but that was.... back when I first joined? (Yes when chaos was loose and we didn't even know it yet.) XD Sad to say if only I was a bit better when it comes to story/plot planning... then maybe I can get my Demon Academy idea off the ground. (which I've started but haven't expanded on it) :P

Years
X.X That's probably why I'm not cut out to be a GM of an RP. I'm bad at Opening Posts and plotting. :/ I've seen a few RP's I've started hit the gutter but that was.... back when I first joined? (Yes when chaos was loose and we didn't even know it yet.) XD Sad to say if only I was a bit better when it comes to story/plot planning... then maybe I can get my Demon Academy idea off the ground. (which I've started but haven't expanded on it) :P

As long as your OPs are well organized and pleasing to eye with all relevant information sorted in the right places, it shouldn't be too bad. Oh and on that note, people shouldn't worry about CSS since it's not mandatory to have extravagant and beautiful posts. It's the plot that attracts players, NOT the CSS layout. :P

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
As long as your OPs are well organized and pleasing to eye with all relevant information sorted in the right places, it shouldn't be too bad. Oh and on that note, people shouldn't worry about CSS since it's not mandatory to have extravagant and beautiful posts. It's the plot that attracts players, NOT the CSS layout. :P

Hahahaha.... Well... I'm not what one would say... a well organized guy. xDDD But yeah I understand those things now compared to in the past. Still I don't think I'm GM material when it comes down to it and all. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back