• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
  • I can see a Rune Factory RP working more than a Harvest Moon RP, personally :P And for those who don't know Rune Factory, it's Harvest Moon (same developers, btw) with the addition of fighting monsters in various dungeons. Still gotta get married and farm and stuff, and there has yet to be a Rune Factory game (to my knowledge, at least) where you can play as a female.

Although, it would probably be better to follow the plot of the third game. According to a friend, the first two have you get married first before the plot comes along. The third game (which I've played and loved) weaves the plot in with getting married and whatnot.

But yeah, marriage is a definite in Harvest Moon/Rune Factory; the only problem is who you'd get married to. You could create NPCs, or for a plot, you could combine Rune Factory with Island of Happiness, another Harvest Moon game.

Island of Happiness has your character get shipwrecked and end up on an abandoned island. He/She then has to work with the others to build up the place. If anything I can see all the survivors being the players, and then they can get married to each other or something.

...Idk. Just trying to find a way for such an idea to somehow work.

Years
  • I can see a Rune Factory RP working more than a Harvest Moon RP, personally :P And for those who don't know Rune Factory, it's Harvest Moon (same developers, btw) with the addition of fighting monsters in various dungeons. Still gotta get married and farm and stuff, and there has yet to be a Rune Factory game (to my knowledge, at least) where you can play as a female.

Although, it would probably be better to follow the plot of the third game. According to a friend, the first two have you get married first before the plot comes along. The third game (which I've played and loved) weaves the plot in with getting married and whatnot.

But yeah, marriage is a definite in Harvest Moon/Rune Factory; the only problem is who you'd get married to. You could create NPCs, or for a plot, you could combine Rune Factory with Island of Happiness, another Harvest Moon game.

Island of Happiness has your character get shipwrecked and end up on an abandoned island. He/She then has to work with the others to build up the place. If anything I can see all the survivors being the players, and then they can get married to each other or something.

Oh gosh, so many games by VIS. xD;; Maybe there could be marriage between characters? But that would get spammy. But like I said, the idea of farming and whatnot doesn't make up much for a plot. It would be very draggy.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I think it could serve as a "casual roleplay"; meaning there's no real plot, it could just go on casually with a few plot twists here and there; it could go on forever.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Nah guys, Harvest Moon roleplays are SO much fun. Like Miss Doronjo said, most HM roleplays I've been in are set up as casual roleplays, where there's an overarching plot, for example something that may be involved with the Harvest Goddess, or something like Save the Homeland in which the villagers need to work together to accomplish something by the end of the year in order to prevent their town from being demolished.

But other than this overarching plot, the main roleplay ends up being driven by the characters and the relationships between them. (Usually not much farming occurs since it's boring to RP that.) A lot of character interaction and relationships have to be preset between roleplayers before the beginning of the roleplay, or at least, those are how the successful HM roleplay's I've been in have set it up.

I love Harvest Moon roleplays though. I'd make one myself if I wasn't an awful GM. xD

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I can see a Rune Factory RP working more than a Harvest Moon RP, personally :P And for those who don't know Rune Factory, it's Harvest Moon (same developers, btw) with the addition of fighting monsters in various dungeons. Still gotta get married and farm and stuff, and there has yet to be a Rune Factory game (to my knowledge, at least) where you can play as a female.

A Rune Factory RP would be better than a Harvest Moon one :3 Just my opinion.

Rune Factory had a much better story (in my opinion) and had monster battling too. Forging and other stuff also had a part.

But, the core farming aspect would not work in a RP. Plus, keeping the inventory would be a real chore for the GM :3 The whole RP would totally depend on the players and interactions.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
    Years
  • can somebody PLEASE talk about something I know? xD *headshot*

I think it could serve as a "casual roleplay"; meaning there's no real plot, it could just go on casually with a few plot twists here and there; it could go on forever.

Well if the RPers are devoted (and not bored to death) the RP CAN last forever (or at least for a few months). The PQ's planning to make a stardom RP, where each RP character is a large host/star on their own TV channel. We'll be using 'fame points', and the RPers with better posts, or 'shows' will have more fame points, thus being more famous that the other 'superstars'. You can also invite the other celebrities to your show, join interviews etc..

there are more features, and they'll be a twist to keep you guys going...maybe something about a Rotom....

*September 2011. Coming to a RP Corner near you*

Last edited:

Super-Mudkipz

Lieker of Mudkipz
    Years
  • For the Harvest Moon idea, I was thinking that a plot similar to most games, but the RPers have to work together to do it. Now, to explain that. We'll take ToT's (Tree of Tranquility) idea that you have to restore the mother tree and save the Harvest Goddess,in turn will bring prosperity back to the island. The difference in the RP would be that the characters would have to work together (They don't HAVE to marry each other, that's up to you) to complete the said tasks. While along the way, developing relationships with the villagers and other characters, building up your farm, and maybe finding their marriage partner. (in the RP, not real life :))

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • I've been obsessed with Shin Megami Tensei as of late. So I wrote up a quick plot to see if anybody would be interested in it. It sounds awfully persona-esque, but it won't be I assure you. I'm trying to take it as a spin of one of the games in the main series. Ah, whatever. Just read and hopefully enjoy.

Spoiler:

And as for Harvest Moon, I'm having a tough time imagining the dynamics. Or well, keeping the plot going really. It's always been a game where you take your time and relax, rather than having set plot points that you need to achieve to continue the story. Healing the goddess or the trees may have been the main point of the games (sometimes) but were never really completely necessary to get the experience that people learn to love with HM.

Last edited:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • A Persona RP sounds interesting :3

For now, though, I'm sticking with trying to make a magical girl RP XD; I should try starting on the plot today, and maybe post it here to see what y'all think :3

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • All this talk about a HM/RF RP.... sounds enticing. Now, if only my mind would allow for ideas to aid in this plan... I'm pretty bad when it comes to brainstorming. :C

I'm thinking of all kinds of stuff but nothing solid enough to be applied to RPing...

@Moogles: And interesting Persona plot there.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    What does everyone think of a Fire Emblem RP? I know there was one a while ago, but it died. I was thinking of bringing it back.

And if you would be interested, would you prefer it to be based on the Tellius region, with Laguz and such, or be based in Magvel, where the Sacred Stone was, OR based in Elibe, where Eliwood and Roy's stories were?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • What does everyone think of a Fire Emblem RP? I know there was one a while ago, but it died. I was thinking of bringing it back.

And if you would be interested, would you prefer it to be based on the Tellius region, with Laguz and such, or be based in Magvel, where the Sacred Stone was, OR based in Elibe, where Eliwood and Roy's stories were?

asdfghjkl;;;

I WAS JUST THINKING OF MAKING ONE TOO. ;___;
    Though, I'm not sure how it would fare.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • What does everyone think of a Fire Emblem RP? I know there was one a while ago, but it died. I was thinking of bringing it back.

Now THAT is one I'd join since I am a FE freak. HeathxPriscilla xDDDD
    I was in one a long time ago (and was still a total noob) but it died too. Now that I'm a much better RPer, I'm sure that it'd be a good addition to the RP roster. You have a guaranteed RPer if you ever did. And personally.... I don't mind where it is. Many people are more familiar with Elibe or Tellius in my opinion rather than Magvel, though Magvel was probably easier with it's freedom of traveling around instead of directly being initiated into the story's preset battles.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • Such good ideas ;o;

A Fire Emblem one would be totally cool! /would totally like Sacred Stones location because that's the only one I've beaten plus it has freaking Joshua XD;

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Wow you guys discuss Fire Emblem roleplay as I'm playing the Sacred Stones. wth.

But yes I'd join that in a heartbeat. I personally am more of a Grandbell continent lover myself, although Elibe would be my second favorite. (Yes stfu I've played ever single one of them I might be a tad obsessed). Although as it was said earlier, I'm not completely sure how it would fare.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Hmm, maybe I should make it on a completely different continent...I'll think this over.

I'm also still thinking if I should make it like the game, and go about it that way, with stats, levels, and such, or if I should make it a simple storyline, free from those restrictions. What do you guys think?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back