• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • I do it with my fakemonz. :)

go away new doctor i dont like you what did you do with the tenth rawr

Yeah, I forgot about Fakemon as well. So, y'know, edit it wherever and whenever you like, as long as it sounds like a very interesting Pokedex, not a dull machine. "Pidgey are birds which can fly. They eat bugs and fish". No.

Especially for Fakemon, because the dex is basically what tells the player about this certain Pokemon. Make it illustrious, awesome, and vividly descriptive.

In two sentences.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Mine are awesome. Well, I do what I can within the limits. I also usually base them on an existing Pokémon and somewhat modify their stats etc.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Hmm, this is what I'd like to hear.

If you were Nintendo, what would you change in Pokemon games? What would you add, or perhaps remove? Post please :)

I'd make D/N in FR/LG/R/S/E and fill up all the available free space with something graphics-wise.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Hmm, this is what I'd like to hear.

If you were Nintendo, what would you change in Pokemon games? What would you add, or perhaps remove? Post please :)

I'd make D/N in FR/LG/R/S/E and fill up all the available free space with something graphics-wise.

The first thing I would do: fixing all the bugs/glitches.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Nonononono!

Well, the game-killing ones yes, the annoying ones yes, but not the easter-eggy random ones! D= That's half the fun of a Pokemon game, playing with glitches when you're bored!

Care to name some of those?

I want to know: I want to make a thread on buildings in Pokemon Platinum Version and how to change the rival's house in the game, and such. But the thing is, I never found all the buildings in the game. I'm missing things like, the Team Galactic Eterna Building and the Pokemon League building. Should I post in R&D, Docs and Tutorials, or in neither?

As long as you have enough info, I believe the R&D section fits perfectly.

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
    Years
  • If you were Nintendo, what would you change in Pokemon games? What would you add, or perhaps remove? Post please :)

I probably would add more cut-scenes, have plot twists depending on pokemon caught/level, and, very rarly, a random pokemon out of its environment(like a electabuzz in an ice cave, or a pupitar in a meadowy area)

...and yes a D/N system

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    It isn't tomorrow. First of Feb it goes, that is in 3 days here (January has 31 days, here it is the 29th). So, on Monday.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Does that mean it's a really bad glitch? Don't tell me you've never played with it.

Cloning has been there since the first generation indeed. It has evolved ever since into different forms, but you always get a chance to clone your Pokémon somehow. The main problem is that's a saving glitch, meaning you might lose your data. Anyway, any other glitches?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Cloning has been there since the first generation indeed. It has evolved ever since into different forms, but you always get a chance to clone your Pokémon somehow. The main problem is that's a saving glitch, meaning you might lose your data. Anyway, any other glitches?
    =| I dunno.

Uh, no. Infamous means the same thing as famous, and I'm saying it's a good glitch. I've used it so many times, and found a way to clone legendary Pokémon.
    Not quite. Infamous and famous on Wiktionary. They're different.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    That's what my teacher told me..... Sometimes, you can't rely on them... Sometimes, you can't rely on no one, especially in Rom Hacking.

In hacking, you should rely on yourself, mostly; then you can try getting help from others.

Amabane~*

Hard Boiled Shinigami
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    In hacking, you should rely on yourself, mostly; then you can try getting help from others.

I agree, that's why I just post my first question in the Help Thread, after I couldn't find the answer by myself. I don't like to bug other persons with some questions, only after I tried to get the answers by myself

One glitch who got my attention was the "Acid rain" one. I'm not expert in DS hacking, but I don't understand how Nintendo left it pass...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back